• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where is all the media?

Seems awfully quiet in here.

Vehicle Sourcing - You Tube Videos - Facebook Group
    For Parts Inquiries, Please Post Here

Only us guy that been around for years appear to use the forums everyone else is on Facebook group

Comment

That and because winter keeps dragging on. I haven't worked on my car in months.
      Jordie Lewis
      1993 Skyline Type M

Comment

Hmm....I guess I'll have to join Facebook finally. I thought it wasnt cool anymore.....lol.

Jon.
        Why don't you come over to MySpace and Twitter my Yahoo untill I Google all over your Facebook.

1990 GTR Drag Special T88H34D 11.24 @ 127.55mph at only 1.2bar...... officially. SOLD

Comment

FB eh....drags the forum into cold war era hahaha

Vehicle Sourcing - You Tube Videos - Facebook Group
          For Parts Inquiries, Please Post Here

Comment

I refuse to join FB. I was FB raped a couple of years ago and never got over it.
            Apparently I offended a lot of my friends because no one talks to me on messenger any more.

Comment

lol messenger^ jk bobbo.. haha
              - Adam

:
              http://forums.gtrcanada.com/gts-project-cars/44846-project-nashzilla-r32-gt-t-neo.html

Comment

I just found the facebook group, it does seem to be alot more active than here but i don't see why. This forum has everything nice and organized. Plus it can much more easily be searched for information where as the fb group is just a feed.

e/ Just so I'm not part of the problem, heres some pictures of how my build is coming along. I'm to lazy to update my thread.

and an exhaust note, this was on our very first startup.
                Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.

e/ Oh and my new car. I've had bad luck with cars this winter(sunfire engine blew up, crashed my moms montecarlo and wrote it off), so i picked this up on an "I need a car by monday and its friday evening" sort of deal.
                2005 Nissan Sentra se-r spec v with everything but the brembos, 153k on the clock winters on steelies summers on the factory rims =]
                Last edited by rvander1992; 03-27-2014, 05:24 PM.

Comment

^those are pretty fun cars! Come with an LSD if memory serves.

Comment

So far I've been playing with the l/100km gauge, I have it down to 7.8 from the previous owners 9.6. It goes pretty damn quick if I floor it. It has some dents on the passenger side that I didn't see until I washed it, but oh well. I needed a car and the price was pretty fantastic IMO. Fun car so far, first 6 speed.

Comment

I think it's fair to say that FB has killed off this forum.

Comment

Whats the name of the FB group?

Comment

GTRCanada.com

Comment

Originally posted by rvander1992 View Post
                            Oh and my new car. I've had bad luck with cars this winter(sunfire engine blew up, crashed my moms montecarlo and wrote it off), so i picked this up on an "I need a car by monday and its friday evening" sort of deal.
                            2005 Nissan Sentra se-r spec v with everything but the brembos, 153k on the clock winters on steelies summers on the factory rims =]
                            Pretty much what I'd like to upgrade to from my 02 base model B15 Slowtra, a late gen B15. The last sentra before Nissan went from cubism to straight Hyundai.

Originally posted by bobbo View Post
                            ^those are pretty fun cars! Come with an LSD if memory serves.
                            Correct. Another reason for it being a good year-round car.

Originally posted by louis110 View Post
                            I think it's fair to say that FB has killed off this forum.
                            Maybe not, i think some of the new blood circa 2012 onward hadn't the community's best interest. By that, I mean the new members were more eager to hit the road ASAP than to learn and share pertinent information. The FB group fits that bill. While there's a few gems being posted here and there, its most lots of misinformation and headbutting. Not a fan. I'm hoping for a GTRC transfusion with serious players coming back in with the R34s being legalized. Maybe even old members coming back?

Also, we can't assume the FB group is exclusively populated by members; I've found that a lot of them don't seem to be forum regulars (or even members) as they ask questions which have been often posted (and flamed) over here. Or you get a guy from the Phillipines trying to sell his R33 GTR that had a rusted front tower that looked about to burst through the hood.

PS: Anyone notice the recent influx of 1-post members who didn't have to go through the "new members post here" screening process? Does it still work?
                            Last edited by MarusGTR; 03-27-2014, 09:22 PM.
                            1992 BNR32 SKYLINE GTR

Comment

I was just about to say that maybe its a good thing that FB is pulling away some (if not all) of the drama and BS. Maybe thats why its been so quiet here lately.

Jon
                              Why don't you come over to MySpace and Twitter my Yahoo untill I Google all over your Facebook.

1990 GTR Drag Special T88H34D 11.24 @ 127.55mph at only 1.2bar...... officially. SOLD

Comment

Working...
                              X