No announcement yet.

93' R32 Okinawa, JP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Removing of the boost restrictor... is it worth doing? I'm all about free and easy horsepower but I don't wanna break my stuff. I'm just curious if what I'm reading about removing the boost restriction would make me happy or end up pissing me off... Also not sure how its done yet.

I slapped a K&N intake system on today. It sounds nice... LOL

Comment

Remove the boost restrictor. You won't regret it.

Comment

Now see, I can just imagine a little me dressed as the devil sitting on my shoulder saying that same thing...

Comment

I removed mine shortly after buying the car. The was street driven and track driven with 91 octane fuel and never had an issue. You have absolutely nothing to be worried about. The only issue you could have would be a misfire under boost if your ignition system has a defect or you're running the wrong plug or to large of a plug gap.
          Unleash Godzilla and remove the restrictor.

Comment

And with the fuel you got, you have no worries. Haioku is right around 98 octane...smells like perfume. I would seriously wear it as an aftershave....lol.

Jon.
            Why don't you come over to MySpace and Twitter my Yahoo untill I Google all over your Facebook.

1990 GTR Drag Special T88H34D 11.24 @ 127.55mph at only 1.2bar...... officially. SOLD

Comment

Welp, I did it. Its hard to tell thus far how much godzilla has been "unleashed" but my butt-dyno says that my car is happy. Still, I'll feel so much better once I complete all my regular maintenance. Just buying the car I think I'm getting carried away with plans to modify it and I should just really make sure I take care of the basics first.

Anybody got pictures of an r32 with these gram lights on it?

Those are 17x9 and I was just curious what they'd look like.

Comment

They'd look pretty freakin good. I had 18" Work CR-Kai's on mine (which are very similar) and really liked them.
                Scroll down for the pic...

Comment

Wow, thats a nice build

Comment

Thanks! Hope the pic helped.

Comment

Yeah, you made me certain that I want 18s vs 17s. I mean, why not? I want some 18 x 10s. That'd be sexy

Comment

I started with 18x9.5 +20 and a 255/35 tire. It was fine for the street but not good for the track. I had a GoPro on the fender during a lapping session and in cornering the sidewall would flex enough that the wheel lip was extremely close to hitting the ashphalt.
                        I had also learned you want more side wall for a track tire so went with a 255/40/17.
                        Tires are much cheaper too.
                        My recomdation for a tight fit and no requirement to role the fenders would be an 18x9.5 +20 with a 265/35 tire for street use only.
                        If you want to keep your speedometer accurate and still an excellent fit I'd go 18x9 +18 or +20 with a 255/35 tire.
                        Track use I'd go with a 17x9 wheel unless you have a 355mm rotor.
                        My .2 worth.

Comment

Originally posted by bobbo View Post
                          I removed mine shortly after buying the car. The was street driven and track driven with 91 octane fuel and never had an issue. You have absolutely nothing to be worried about. The only issue you could have would be a misfire under boost if your ignition system has a defect or you're running the wrong plug or to large of a plug gap.
                          Unleash Godzilla and remove the restrictor.
                          I have my restrictor still in (been driving 4 years with it in now) and I've always been tempted to remove it but I have read a few stories of surging and the potential to break off the ceramic blades. Did you have some sort of boost control when you removed the pill?

Comment

Since last I posted...

- Removed the restrictor... Weeee
                            - Apex-i intake
                            - Apex-i 99 Spec coilovers
                            - GTS-T headlights
                            - Cheap-o Amazon HID kit 3000k in the fog lights
                            - Cheap-o Japanese "Excellent yellow" H4 Hi-Lo
                            - Crappy, narrow, 17", Racing Hart wheels with crappy offset
                            - Big ass 4-panel rear-view mirror (awesome here in Japan to catch tiny vehicles in blind spots)

This holiday season I'm treating myself to nicer, way more aggressive wheels and some "go-fast" goodies. Updates to come...

Comment

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X