Merritt Racing Park

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Merritt Racing Park

I know that this plan has been in the works and dangled in front of gearheads faces for a long time now but......it's going to happen!!!

While I was getting soaked in Chilliwack, my brother-in-law was in Merritt as a governing member of KORR (Kamloops Off Road Racing) to give input of how the track will be laid out. The track will be 4.2km long and have nasty elevation changes much like Laguna Seca/Bathurst. The meeting concluded with the developers planning to rough-cut out the basic layout of the track and my brother-in-law with other KORR members will run the track in 2 weeks to evaluate and give feedback. The developers are not screwing around this time, they have a TON of equip.; 2 earthmovers, a D6, a D7 and a D8 bulldozer and are ready to tear some shyte up.

Now the bad news (there always is), this track will be used for CORR style racing (fast outlaw style at 100mph+) for a minimum of 3 years before it is paved and turned into the best road course north of .... Laguna Seca:-P

Unfortunately I have the patience of a Chimp with Turets Syndrome on Crack, so I hope I really want to road race like I do now in 4 years.

Jon.
    Why don't you come over to MySpace and Twitter my Yahoo untill I Google all over your Facebook.

1990 GTR Drag Special T88H34D 11.24 @ 127.55mph at only 1.2bar...... officially. SOLD

NICE!!! Man I've been waiting for this news for a while! Unfortunately there's still a few years to come, but I'm sure it will be worth the wait. That sounds like a perfectly logical development plan, and I hope they actually stick to it and get 'er done!

Thanks for sharing the news!

Dan
    Dan Hofman
    DnA Garage - the performance gene
    www.dnagarage.ca

Comment

The site is 170 acres and there will also be a 300ft skidpad, a short oval much like the Vernon track and an off road training course for the forrest service and RCMP or any other company that want to train people. They want to make the site a real destination and try to pull in people from all over the Northwest in the US and western Can........Time will tell.

Jon.
      Why don't you come over to MySpace and Twitter my Yahoo untill I Google all over your Facebook.

1990 GTR Drag Special T88H34D 11.24 @ 127.55mph at only 1.2bar...... officially. SOLD

Comment

Working...
      X