VMSC AutoCross

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VMSC AutoCross

Different venue for autocross this time. Parking lot at Camosun College Interurban.

The surface is in better shape than Western Speedway, so better grip.

I managed to pull off my first class win. It helped to be able to ride with one of the more experienced guys for one run. After that I shaved 2 second off my time. I think I might even be in the top 5 overall. I will have to wait for the results to be posted up on the Victoria Motorsports Club website. Ususally takes a few days to get them up.

Chalk up one for Skylines in Canada.:-D
    1989 Skyline GTR

"Want to Race? Save it for the track!"
    www.victoriamotorsports.ca

5th Place Overall dreams are not realized. 8th overall. Some guys were faster than I figured they were.

I love driving fast.:-D
    1989 Skyline GTR

Comment

Pics are up

I need to jack my skyline to pass my power cable in the fender but I can't see where I can jack it under the sill. I need to jack the front right wheel.

Comment

Results for the June 9th event are up.

Conditions were very wet, so that was in favour of the 4wd. I pulled out a 3rd overall finish. Only .744 seconds out of first. Had the TSC cranked right up. Jason(GTR--J) finished 8th overall. He can testify at what a huge difference the TSC makes, as he rode with me on my last run. Best handling mod for the money by far. Sean Morris has been saying that all along.
        1989 Skyline GTR

Comment

Originally posted by Marke View Post
          Results for the June 9th event are up.

Conditions were very wet, so that was in favour of the 4wd. I pulled out a 3rd overall finish. Only .744 seconds out of first. Had the TSC cranked right up. Jason(GTR--J) finished 8th overall. He can testify at what a huge difference the TSC makes, as he rode with me on my last run. Best handling mod for the money by far. Sean Morris has been saying that all along.
          Great to hear!

Did you run into any power understeer in the rain? The one autocross I did in the rain was great fun. There was one section where where I got on the throttle a bit too early in a fast 3rd gear sweeper - the car started going straight! Backed off throttle a bit and it hooked back up and made the turn, but at TSC at '10' I had to watch where I used the throttle!

Dan
          sigpic
          The Beaumont Connection

Comment

I found that I did get a bit, but got worse when I let off the throttle. I would get back in it and the GTR would pull its self through. I was happy it wasn't as tail happy as I thought it might be with the Cusco rear swaybar.
            1989 Skyline GTR

Comment

June 24 results are up.

I can't believe how close the last 8 positions were. Very competitive day.
              I came in 2nd in my class, 8th overall. Jason was 3rd in the same class and 14th overall. Brian finished 7th in the same class and 24th overall.

There was talk again of moving me to E Modified. I love that cause it means I'm doing somethng right.:-D
              1989 Skyline GTR

Comment

Points tallies are now posted. They have broken the season up into a Winter, Spring and Summer series. Winter and Spring are complete.

I came in 4th in winter and 5th in spring. I lead the rookie points by good margin. I am at 117 points the next closest rookie is 89, after that nobody is even close.

Click on 2007 Points Sheet.
                1989 Skyline GTR

Comment

Working...
                X