Mark Jacobson runs 8.69@158.95

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mark Jacobson runs 8.69@158.95

8.69 at 158.9 at willowbank raceway.01-09-07.on mt 255.16 drag radials.fastest gtr in australia on street tyres.

Done on MT ET Streets

some setup on marks site

nice,

So, do they dissable the awd for the burnout then enable it again? Or is he just running rwd on this beast?

Comment

^^^figure those equally sized slicks up front should give it away.:hit newb:

RWD for burnout...AWD for launch.

Comment

Those aren't slicks, those are MT ET Street Radials, so they're still a drag radials

The only thing I hate about GTR's is how damned much money you have to sink into a trans to get it to hold those kind of times. Why can't we be like MKIV guys, throw a good clutch in front of the V160 and have it take tons of power.
        1990 Skyline GT-R - Jet Silver Metallic
        It'll run someday

Comment

weird how it was done with the omnipotent george michael playing in the background lol

Comment

Originally posted by tokes View Post
            Those aren't slicks, those are MT ET Street Radials, so they're still a drag radials

The only thing I hate about GTR's is how damned much money you have to sink into a trans to get it to hold those kind of times. Why can't we be like MKIV guys, throw a good clutch in front of the V160 and have it take tons of power.
            the gtr tranny isn't all that weak, you have to figure in all that additional stress due to AWD.
            1/1_Scale
            パーソナリティは、1つを得る

Comment

Originally posted by Z-Tuned View Post
              ^^^figure those equally sized slicks up front should give it away.:hit newb:

RWD for burnout...AWD for launch.
              Sorry for the dumb question - How do you make ur gtr 2wd ? All i can think of is take the awd fuse out. Is there another way?????

Comment

manual torque split controller

Comment

Originally posted by Chewy View Post
                  the gtr tranny isn't all that weak, you have to figure in all that additional stress due to AWD.
                  Then it obviously is weak if it can't handle the stress placed on it by the AWD system.
                  It'll run someday

Comment

Mark is running a 20000 dollar liberty clutchless box set up.

and the v160 is just as weak in a GTR as it is in a supra....if you have traction.
                    people destroy their v160's in r34's all the time.

Comment

exactly, if the tires don't spin, that stress goes right back up the driveline.
                      1/1_Scale
                      パーソナリティは、1つを得る

Comment

yup its all about the weakest link. On rwd cars its almost always the tires. 4wd on the other hand...

Comment

Lots of people, even with R34's, are tearing up third gear at 600 WHP or under while on street tires. There are people with supras making 1300+ RWHP, cutting 1.30 second 60-foot times, and running into the 8's on virtually stock V160's.

Something is wonky, but if the only difference is AWD making the transmissions not last, I would gladly convert my GTR to be RWD only.
                          It'll run someday

Comment

Originally posted by tokes View Post
                            Lots of people, even with R34's, are tearing up third gear at 600 WHP or under while on street tires. There are people with supras making 1300+ RWHP, cutting 1.30 second 60-foot times, and running into the 8's on virtually stock V160's.

Something is wonky, but if the only difference is AWD making the transmissions not last, I would gladly convert my GTR to be RWD only.
                            if i could fit 335's on my gtr i would go rwd

with a jericho 5 speed sequential box.

Comment

What do you need 335's for?

There's a drag radial class in the US that only allows a 275/60/15 tire, so 28x9.5x15. People have gone 8.00's @ 170 MPH regularly, and I think someone just broke into the 7's on that tire. And that's a "stock suspension" class too, so no ladder bars or anything like that.
                              It'll run someday

Comment

Working...
                              X