Solo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Solo

Does anyone here run solosport or Solo1 events? I am wanting to set my GTR up for Solo 1 and looking to confirm a few things. I think it is classified as SS1 (running with 911's, vettes etc). I will be getting memebrship in Jan from my local club to run on the track.
    Mark
    '90 GTR
    (OO\______/OO)

http://www.wcma.ca/solo.htm

Click there to find out everything you will need to know, to be able to compete in solo1 though, you will need to go to a school (usually hosted in early may at race city or gimli) and get your race license. As for which class you'll be competing in, I'm not sure at the moment, the AGM was last weekend and they were discussing RHD vehicles that were never sold in N/A and how they should be classed. I believe though that you will be classed with modified vehicles sadly, so going up against the heavily modified vettes and other cars. Talk to GTR-Dad as I believe he went to the Solo1 school race city put on last year.

Hope this helps.
    sigpic

Comment

Hi Mark,
      If you haven't already, do a driving school accredited by the WCMA! It's fun, you learn lot's, and meet a bunch of great people.

Regarding classification, I've corresponded with Wayne Schellenkens, WCMA Race Director, and he passed my car info to Dino Calvert, WCMA classification guy, who figured I'd probably fit into either ITGT or GT1 depending on mods, but mostly tires.

PM me if you want e-mail addresses for these guys.

Cheers,
      Dan
      sigpic
      The Beaumont Connection

Comment

it's great that tires are a component for classificatin in AB

here in Qc, it doesn't change your class...
        Marc-André
        _________
        2.2L RB20 GTS-T
        ECU modification enabled - PM me for details

Comment

Hmmm, go figure.

After the driver, tires are the most significant mod.

Dan
          sigpic
          The Beaumont Connection

Comment

interesting, a family friend of mine races his CRX and porsche in solo1 in ontario and he wants me to join with him as well. What kind of process do you have to go through? I heard you have to be a member of a club that is accredited by CASC?
            1991 BNR32 - SOLD (sigh...)

"Want pretty? Go order a Fairlady, want fast go grab a Skyline! "

Comment

Originally posted by shaz10 View Post
              interesting, a family friend of mine races his CRX and porsche in solo1 in ontario and he wants me to join with him as well. What kind of process do you have to go through? I heard you have to be a member of a club that is accredited by CASC?
              You should probably ask your friend as he will have direct insight into this.
              sigpic

Comment

You have to be a member of a CASC affiliated club.
                You must have your Regional C license (Small fee and a medical exam is all that you need for this).
                It would be a good idea to attend the Solo school at the beginning of the season.

Aside from that, you have to get your car placed in the right class. This is done using a PIP scale. Each vehicle has a base value and then Performance Improvement Points are added for different mods you do.

http://www.soloontario.com/index-s1.html for more information about the series.
                http://www.casc.on.ca/forms.php for forms and other documents.
                Race. Win. Live.

Comment

Working...
                X