Tire Choices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tire Choices

So I decided I want to run sticky tires this year for Autox.

Determined that Tirerack has the best prices.(That I can find. Anyone know better, pass it on.)

I will be using Stock rims.(Stock tire size 225/50/16) From all the reading I have done and talking to people whom have run DOT-C tires, Kumho V710's are the bang for the buck. ($1170cad too my door)

However they have Bridgestone RE-01R's on special for $713cad too my door. This price includes everything, taxes, duty, UPS extortion. That is an incredible price for these tire.

Some of the reviewers say they are keeping up to guys running DOT-C tires, while using the RE-O1R's. In my last few events I was only a second or less off the lead car, running my Hankook Sport K104's, but they are bigger tires. (255/35/18 )

What to do.......
    1989 Skyline GTR

"Want to Race? Save it for the track!"
    www.victoriamotorsports.ca

every percent of a second counts, get the kumho V710, you won't regret it
    sigpic

Comment

What about street driving on the V710's? Well maybe not if he has 18's too.

The Re01's are a GREAT tire. For that price you can't go wrong with them.

Azeni's are supposed to outlast them, and in theory the Azeni is a better deal (not much/if any worse), but since these are so cheap, you're not gonna save a lot.

But ya, apparently the RE-01's have a stiffer sidewall than the Azeni (and i know there are other good tires like these out there), and might be a bit more predictable, but overall grip supposedly is very comparable.

Both are also a great drift tire if that's your cup of tea......

But the v710 is going to be a faster tire, i dont think anyone can argue that.
      Figure Skating Champ!

AUTODREAM.CA for all your Skyline needs.

Comment

I just ordered my tires from tirerack, but I shipped to Blaine WA and intend to pick them up myself. We'll see how long it takes for them to get to me They have fantastic prices, I must say.

Not sure what tires to recommend for autox though, sorry!

Comment

I would recommend a set of Hankook Ventus', Yokohama H4's, or Bridgestone Potenza050's.
          Originally Posted by falcon:
          why do you want to remove your ac? do you like sweaty balls?

and you live in TO too.... have fun in the summer when your sack and back and pits are sweating. I'm sure the GF is going to love it when you show up for a date dripping in your bodily fluids.

Comment

the v710's wont heat up until the end of the run.

they are more a lapping tire then they are a autox tire.
            that was always my stance on them.

Comment

for a /street/ summer tire, falken azenis are the autox king.

I think I'm going to try the sumitomo HTR-Z because at $68 a pop (for 245-45-16) even if they turn out to not be very good or short lived, who cares.
              1992 GTR - 2.7L, GT2871R's, forged bottom end, big valves, 270* cams, R34 getrag
              2000 Honda Insight - 70+mpg daily driver
              2003 Sierra 2500HD Diesel - Tow vehicle

Comment

Originally posted by Terrh View Post
                for a /street/ summer tire, falken azenis are the autox king.

I think I'm going to try the sumitomo HTR-Z because at $68 a pop (for 245-45-16) even if they turn out to not be very good or short lived, who cares.

:roll: don't cheap out on tires period. i bought a pair of AVON tires for 150 installed 255/35R18. they were all that were available and i plan on replacing them almost first thing this spring.

Comment

i just got a set of Toyo ----- cant remember the name there pretty sterdy 225/45zr17
                  92,94,95 Honda Civic
                  92,92,93 Nissan Skyine GTS-T
                  91 Nissan Skyline GTR
                  92,93 Nissan 180sx
                  90,91,91,92,93,93 Nissan 240sx
                  89 Nissan Silvia

Comment

Originally posted by Gregzilla View Post
                    :roll: don't cheap out on tires period. i bought a pair of AVON tires for 150 installed 255/35R18. they were all that were available and i plan on replacing them almost first thing this spring.
                    I don't think they're "cheap" tires, they're supposed to be pretty good, I just mean that at that price, if it turns out they're not, I'll buy something else.
                    1992 GTR - 2.7L, GT2871R's, forged bottom end, big valves, 270* cams, R34 getrag
                    2000 Honda Insight - 70+mpg daily driver
                    2003 Sierra 2500HD Diesel - Tow vehicle

Comment

Michelin PS 2
                      BNR32 ´91

Comment

Working...
                      X