MTD Track Days 2008 @ Dunnville Autodrome

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MTD Track Days 2008 @ Dunnville Autodrome

As some of you probably remember, my friends Mark and John and I ran a few track days last year and I'll be helping out once again this season.

Towards the end of last season, after running a few days, things started to really come together and I'm super excited for this season.

In an attempt to keep things slightly better organized, and to give you the heads up on what's going on, Mark's Track Days started an email mailing list last year to easily distribute track day and any other related info.

We've got a whole bunch of days booked at Dunnville and possibly some other stuff going on also but if you want to be the first to know you're going to have to post (or PM me) your REAL NAME, FORUM NICKNAME (please mention you are from GTRC) and EMAIL so we can add you to the mailing list. Our first time, date and price will be sent to the list probably within a week or so. We may or may not announce further plans at that time, I'm not sure yet.

Questions, comments or concerns (as well as requests to be added to the list) can always be sent to our gmail at markstrackdays@gmail.com or by sending a PM to myself here.

Send me those names and addresses so we can keep you in the loop!

You can also call John at 905 616 2299 if you want to speak to someone in person.

We're looking forward to seeing you at the track this year!

The 2 I went to last year were great fun so I will probly come to all of these. I'm already on the list (pretty sure) so I'll be waiting to hear the dates.

Comment

I've asked this before, but I can't remember the response.
      From what I've been told, open-wheel cars are not allowed with closed-wheel; this was during Derek's track days there. Now, was this HIS decision, or the Owner's decision?
      Race. Win. Live.

Comment

I dunno but I'll find out for you.

Comment

Originally posted by CanadianGTR View Post
          I've asked this before, but I can't remember the response.
          From what I've been told, open-wheel cars are not allowed with closed-wheel; this was during Derek's track days there. Now, was this HIS decision, or the Owner's decision?

There was an Atom there last year no?

I've never had a problem passing, there were a few Sunday drivers (in fast looking cars too) that dont check their rearview or are under the impression a GTR on their bumper for a lap is incapabable of passing. That needs to be addressed!

Comment

Originally posted by Z-Tuned View Post
            There was an Atom there last year no?

I've never had a problem passing, there were a few Sunday drivers (in fast looking cars too) that dont check their rearview or are under the impression a GTR on their bumper for a lap is incapabable of passing. That needs to be addressed!
            Yeah but an atom isn't exactly a formula car, they have a little bit more presence and protection; which I think is the issue.
            Race. Win. Live.

Comment

The choice was made really because you're so much lower than everyone else Justin, that if one of the drivers isn't paying attention to what he's doing and you are next to or near him/her, you could get clipped.

Silly i know....but i've seen a few near misses from people being distracted.

Comment

Originally posted by lucky_cefiro View Post
                The choice was made really because you're so much lower than everyone else Justin, that if one of the drivers isn't paying attention to what he's doing and you are next to or near him/her, you could get clipped.

Silly i know....but i've seen a few near misses from people being distracted.
                Oh yeah I know that for sure... but some places still like you take the chance.
                Downside to the damn things are it's pretty much instantly $1000/corner if you bump.
                Race. Win. Live.

Comment

Hey Justin,

I just got word from the owner and unfortunately no open wheel cars are allowed on track at the same time as closed wheel cars.

Apparently Dunnville plans on developing their own open wheel sessions, though. Something worth checking out maybe?

Comment

Originally posted by spd-dmn View Post
                    Hey Justin,

I just got word from the owner and unfortunately no open wheel cars are allowed on track at the same time as closed wheel cars.

Apparently Dunnville plans on developing their own open wheel sessions, though. Something worth checking out maybe?
                    I'll just stick to the open practice sessions with OFFC.
                    Thanks for asking though!
                    Race. Win. Live.

Comment

Alright guys, a lot of people want spots so it'll be first come first serve.

If you want to secure a spot, the best thing to do would be to send me your payment ASAP.

It's $85 per car/driver, and additional $25 for a second driver.

Payments can be sent via EMT (Email money transfer) to marktay87@hotmail.com

or

It can be done via direct bank deposit (at your nearest Bank of Montreal branch)

or

You guys can meet up with me in person.

I'd suggest either EMT or direct deposit as it's a lot more convenient for all of us.

Please call me at 905-399-9398 (cell) if you have any questions or would like to meet up!

Thanks

Mark

Comment

Working...
                      X