No announcement yet.

R Compounds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have been driving on the hoosier a6 295/30/18's now for two weeks almost.

I have nothing but great things to say. I got caught in a torrential down pour and found myself doing 115 in some severe water. I don't see how people can complain about hydro planing with any tires. Though traction is substantially decreased in the wet you can still take a 90 degree left across an intersection sideways with confidence, or at least I can on these.

Traction in the dry is a whole different story. I have launched the car from 9000 and it just hooks, mind you there was no boost, for autox tires i find this great. When pushing the tires on the street i have found they take a couple corners/curves to heat up on a nice day. In the cold they are not much worse.
    Tram lining is gnarly but that's to be expected, it is almost to the point i thought i had bump steer, i have just never driven with 295's up front i guess.

Handleing in the dry commentary will be continued after i install the two way rear diff. There is a 1.5 up front as we speak so i can really feel the slop in the rear and it is driving me absolutely insane, i'll see about installing the diff this weekend and come back in a few weeks again.

final comments for now are as follows;
    no tire squeal - they need to put a warning for this
    very predictable limit
    very easy to control past the limit to save your ass
    look baller

Comment

Nissan did not equip the gtr with 295 r compunds for a reason. I snapped a rear inner tie rod in half this morning doing a clover leaf from a freeway to a highway

Comment

that sucks

I hope it was the only damage done

where did the tierod break?
        1992 GTR - 2.7L, GT2871R's, forged bottom end, big valves, 270* cams, R34 getrag
        2000 Honda Insight - 70+mpg daily driver
        2003 Sierra 2500HD Diesel - Tow vehicle

Comment

right on the wrench adjustment area

Comment

Working...
          X