Round 1: Trac Time Attack!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Round 1: Trac Time Attack!

Well yesterday, I went to a very wet Autodrome St-Eustache for round 1 of the Trac Racing Depot Time Attack series.

First of all I must say that I had a blast driving in conditions that I would have called hazardous if I was normal safe driver ...

but hey I like going all out so I managed to keep the car in one piece even though I struggled everywhere (as was everybody else). However I don't know if their cars were as unforgiving as mine...

I also had the pleasure to meet another GTRCer with his GT-R!

it was his first time on track with the GT-R and he was really quick for a 1st timer :drive:

I managed to finish second in the Street RWD class. I must say that I gave my best for all you guys but a Porsche 944:-? bested me.

now for the results and then I'll post pics from me and others.

My absolute fastest lap time at that track was of course set on a dry layout and it was set last year at a solosprint event.
    it was of:
    1:03:735

I was really looking to get that time down with my new tire/wheel combo (from 215 to 255 up front)
    BUT the temperature wasn't going to help me out so..
    Yesterday morning in a Very wet condition track I managed:
    1:21.651
    Right behind a nice green 240sx (s14)

in the afternoon, the sun kinda came out and it was maybe 25% dryer so I did my fastest lap of the day with a whopping:
    1:15.014
    right behind a Porsche 944.

here are a few pics taken by someone else :P
    this just shows how WET it was.

Pics taken by MontrealRacing member: Is 300

AND YES for the first time in a competition in Québec (and maybe canada) an EVO X!!!

he managed a 1:11.884 time(same track dryness as me)
    also it was the 1st time the drive went on the track or so it seems!!
    I must give props to the owner! can't deny that fact that I was glad to see my 1st evo X and on top of that On the track!

GTRC Member Hamel_S and it very nice GTR

yes AWD cars can spin out

I'll post mine a bit later when they're resized and uploaded

a few comments on the car/ wet driving.

I really would have liked to have less power yesterday. with very little throttle in 3rd gear wheel spin occured as soon as I reached 4000-4500rpm in the straights. I really partially opened the throttle the best I could but it just spun so I slowly let of the gas but the rpms maintened around 5500-6000RPM so I kept it there till I got up to speed. probably not the best thing to do ..

I had to relearn my gear selection for every corners.
    I had to be gentle as a spring breeze with the throttle in the corners because it usually spelled disaster when I passed the adherence threshold of my KDW2 tires in the rear.
    Braking was probably where I gain the most time as I was able to brake quite late(after I bled the fronts before the last timed session).
    max speed
    In terms of speeds. In the dry my multichecker says that I reach 155-156 km/h
    the morning session I reached 135
    and the afternoon session I reached 144...

A 2way LSD is a NO NO for a wet condition time attack. I was able to prevent going into the wall at some point with a continuous drift(PLEASE note that I'm not a drifter... and I've never practiced it with a RWD.) I did have alot of "drift" experience when I did winter navigation rallies with my subaru. but none were as scary or borderline as yesterdays one. I was quite surprised with my car and the apparent ease once the car was balanced sideways. just kept the gas constant and a slight counter steer and it was all good and quite fun.

also I'm quite glad that I was able to be faster than most other RWD high power/technology cars such as the BMW M3 who has about as much power as me(at low boost), but with traction control and ABS.

WHAT a DAY!

I'd Like to thank the TRAC Racing Depot team for organizing such a nice event and I'd also like to mention that there weren't any incidents which shows the seriousness the drivers.
    Marc-André
    _________
    2.2L RB20 GTS-T
    ECU modification enabled - PM me for details

I am agree with you..... What a DAY!!!!

First time on the track with my new r32 GTR (buy it 2 week ago), first time on wet condition with it! It's a great challenge to drive this car. Hi learn a lot about driving a GTR .

Hope to see you, often on the track this summer!

Comment

some of my picture:

Comment

Very nice, looks like alot of fun yall had!
        1991 Nissan 240sx - RB25DET w/ GT3071R
        1991 Nissan 240sx - KA
        1994 Honda Civic Si HB

Home In Pittsburgh, PA

Comment

some other good picture : http://www.qtmag.ca/ext_link.php?ZGl...0wJmlkPTEwMg==

This one is pretty nice!

Comment

I wish we had a real track here in Calgary and a Time Attack event.

For some reason, I just can't bring myself to drive around cones in a parking lot.......so I guess it's nothing but Hard Parkin' for me

Comment

Nice little report there klys, and good work and welcome to hamel_s! Man, your GTR looks like my old one!

"Life's too short to drive boring cars!"

Comment

the only picture worth posting.. I wasn't very photo active that day hehe

Marc-André
                _________
                2.2L RB20 GTS-T
                ECU modification enabled - PM me for details

Comment

Working...
                X