EBC Vs. Hawks brake pad?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EBC Vs. Hawks brake pad?

I can get the Hawks HP+ for 275 tax-in read/front. But I was wondering if I could get something a tad less aggresive with less brake dust.. Do EBC make good stuff? Red,yellow or green?

I guess it would be cheaper too than Hawks.
    Need detailing done to your car? I'm open to travel to detail your car :

http://forums.gtrcanada.com/group-buys/54899-ontario-cobraa-detailing-group-buy.html

Please follow my works and latest news/promotion at : https://www.facebook.com/Waxxonspa || Waxxon.com ||

EBC yellows are not terribly agressive, they're cheap, and pretty low dust. Not recommended for HEAVY track use though.

Comment

Originally posted by fastbmw7 View Post
      EBC yellows are not terribly agressive, they're cheap, and pretty low dust. Not recommended for HEAVY track use though.
      Incorect, yellow stuff is the most agressive and track ready. I run them on my skyline, they are cheaper then Hawk. But very good.
      When the sun goes down, RPMs go up !

Comment

They weren't horrible, but I found them to be borderline marginal on a high speed track. They did wear reasonably well, considering the demands that were placed on them. All in all, probably appropriate for the price you pay for them.
        There are better track pad options out there.

Comment

Hawk or Carbotech all the way...

Comment

I guess I will go HP+ but I hate brake dust that stick to the paint. See, I don't care about brake dust because I have all the detailing products to remove it but some pads I tried stick to my caliper paint and I simply can't wash it, I have to repaint my caliper each season. grrr.
            Need detailing done to your car? I'm open to travel to detail your car :

http://forums.gtrcanada.com/group-buys/54899-ontario-cobraa-detailing-group-buy.html

Please follow my works and latest news/promotion at : https://www.facebook.com/Waxxonspa || Waxxon.com ||

Comment

You could try HPS as well
              -Ryan
              ryan@VEXperformance.com
              Toll Free: 1.855.VEX.PERF Local: 403.243.1111

Authorized Canadian Dealer / Distributor / Tuner for:
              Haltech Engine management Systems
              OS Giken
              TiAL Sport
              Garrett Turbochargers
              Tomei
              Motul
              Nismo
              Rally Armor
              COBB

Comment

HPS are crap on the track
                they overheat too quickly with a car as heavy as a GTR
                sigpic

[links to all chapters in first post]

Comment

my HP+ faded on the 2nd lap as well though! If your tracking you might want to try the new designed pads DTC-70 They are getting excelent feedback. Hawk told me they work better then Blues, and are less hard on rotors.
                  -Ryan
                  ryan@VEXperformance.com

OS Giken
                  TiAL Sport
                  Garrett Turbochargers
                  Tomei
                  Motul
                  Nismo
                  Rally Armor
                  COBB

Comment

do you have stainless steel braided brake lines? and high boiling point brake fuild like ATE blue or Motul RBF660

if you don't, its not the pads that faded, its the rest of the system

i've been using HP+ on my car for a while now, and they are pretty much the best street/track pads

i've never had any problems on the track with them, even after 15 laps
                    and they are not a big assle on the street, a bit a noise, but i've learned to avoid it by controling the pressure on the pedal, and because of their ''low'' temperature range, you won't crash at the first red light

the blue, black or DTC range of pads are NOT street recommended pads

a friend of mine is using the Blue on his daily driven stripped track civic, and he always have to drive the first 100m with the brakes on just to bring them to temperature, or else he completely misses the first stop he has to make (which happened once, while i was in the car, almost shat myself)
                    sigpic

Comment

We are probably a little off topic here! He didn't even mention tracking the car!

But Yes I have SS lines and RBF600, the problem I have is Calgary has a 1/2 mile straight... and 260-60kph puts alot of heat into the pads!
                      -Ryan
                      ryan@VEXperformance.com

OS Giken
                      TiAL Sport
                      Garrett Turbochargers
                      Tomei
                      Motul
                      Nismo
                      Rally Armor
                      COBB

Comment

i absolutely get your point, the only thing that my HP+ couldn't handle was exactly the same thing, 230kph to 60kph at Sanair, thats will bloody destroy any street braking system

watch my video of this track, http://vimeo.com/9258222
                        its the 3rd track (out of 4) in the video
                        and watch the bloopers at the end, where you see smoke coming from my brake which cought fire

and CobraA has once told me he might do track, but he does change his mind faster than Hussein Bolt does the 100m
                        sigpic

Comment

Nice Video! And nice GTR!

Your tracks look soo scenic! Ours is flat, but fast, but condition is horrible!
                          -Ryan
                          ryan@VEXperformance.com

OS Giken
                          TiAL Sport
                          Garrett Turbochargers
                          Tomei
                          Motul
                          Nismo
                          Rally Armor
                          COBB

Comment

I've been using HP+ for the past 4 years and I love the feeling.

I'm sure you could get a better price than $275?!

If not, let me know
                            Marc-André
                            _________
                            2.2L RB20 GTS-T
                            ECU modification enabled - PM me for details

Comment

EBC Green's are a great all around pad. Fantastic for street use and far better than a stock pad for tracking. You can get away with using these for a lapping day depending on your driving style. They're quiet and low dust - they have the same manners as an OEM pad. but even less dust.

EBC Yellows are the next step up. Also seems to have low dust and they're quiet until you get them HOT. Then they squeak like crazy on light applications. I've never experienced fade with yellows on my GTR.

Hawk HP+ - I don't have any firsthand experience with these but a lot of people claim they're great.

Hawk Blue - These are an endurance racing pad and not really needed for anyone that isn't endurance racing. I've ridden in an FD that had these pads on a set of stoptech brakes. They were noisy when cold but seemed entirely streetable otherwise.
                              1992 GTR - 2.7L, GT2871R's, forged bottom end, big valves, 270* cams, R34 getrag
                              2000 Honda Insight - 70+mpg daily driver
                              2003 Sierra 2500HD Diesel - Tow vehicle

Comment

Working...
                              X