Window Net Mount

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Window Net Mount

I have recently installed a roll bar in my GTR. I don't have time to make a full cage the way I want it, so the roll bar will do for the Event I am participating in.

I have to install a window net.

The question is where on the A pillar can a attach the front part of the top rod without welding to the A pillar and where do I attach the lower rod?

I have looked for kits for a roll bar only setup on the internet with no luck.
    1989 Skyline GTR

"Want to Race? Save it for the track!"
    www.victoriamotorsports.ca

You're going to have a hard time mounting it without a cage.

What sanctioning body requires a window net without a full cage? Normally window nets are required at a level of motorsport where you would be needing a full cage anyway.
    Race. Win. Live.

Comment

CACC, which is a regional body for ASN. Its for the Knox Mtn Hillclimb.
      1989 Skyline GTR

Comment

Originally posted by Marke View Post
        CACC, which is a regional body for ASN. Its for the Knox Mtn Hillclimb.
        GT-R + Hill climb....?
        Originally posted by archaeic_bloke
        hows the warp drive? i've seen far too many GTR's lately that just arent able to hit warp speed.

Comment

It is a paved road snaking up the side of a small mountain. Similar to Pikes Peak. It is classified as a Solo Sprint or Solo1. It is located in Kelowna on the May long weekend.
          1989 Skyline GTR

Comment

not sure, but can you just get arm straps?

I race a 4 door and need the arm straps to be able to have my rear windows down. Nets are just for hands and arms going out the window during a roll over but the arm straps would keep that from happening and the 5 pt keeps you in the seat.

Just an idea. RCI straps are only $20 or something like that too.
            ALLEN PETERSEN
            Number (604) 961-2449
            4XTOYS/ Lower Mainland Skyline Service and aftermarket RB parts.
            RB30`s for sale!

Comment

Closed roof cars must have the driver's door window fully open or removed when on course. A strap-type window net must be fitted such that the driver's arm(s) cannot extend outside the vehicle unintentionally. Mesh type window nets complying with SFI standard 27.1 are permitted. Alternatively, if a car is not equipped with an approved window net, the driver must wear SFI or FIA approved arm restraints Drivers of open cockpit cars must use SFI or FIA approved arm restraints.
              You're good to go with arm restraints.
              Race. Win. Live.

Comment

Ya I have arm straps as a back up, but I really wanted to do a net. I think I have an idea. I thought I would use the sun visor attach point to screw in the front point of the net rod, use the seat belt bar on the bottom sill for the lower strap and pop the kick panel off and find a screw in point for the front lower strap.
                1989 Skyline GTR

Comment

Scrapped the net idea. Arm Restraints all the way. No visual obstructions this way.
                  1989 Skyline GTR

Comment

Working...
                  X