West Coast Targa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• West Coast Targa

Just thought I would post this link, for those of you who know about Targas, some enthusiasts in the interior have organized a Targa event in BC in May. My dance card is pretty full this year, but I might take a crack at this next year.

Last edited by Marke; 03-19-2011, 01:13 AM.
    1989 Skyline GTR

"Want to Race? Save it for the track!"
    www.victoriamotorsports.ca

I've been hearing about this for a while now, wonder why it's not sanctioned?
    Race. Win. Live.

Comment

It is sanctioned by CARS which is an ASN affiliated group.
      Last edited by Marke; 03-26-2011, 12:07 AM.
      1989 Skyline GTR

Comment

No, they've purposely worded it in a confusing way.

Targa Canada West is a Okanagan-based company working in partnership with the West Coast Rally Association (WCRA), BC's largest not-for-profit rally club. The WCRA operates under CARS (Canadian Association of Rallysport), which is ASN Canada FIA's sanctioned motorsport body for rally in Canada.
        The WRCA operates under CARS, and they are just helping organize it. By the looks of it, as was the case last I heard of it, it is not actually SANCTIONED by CARS or ASN.
        Race. Win. Live.

Comment

If ASN is insuring it then it is Sanctioned. Example, Victoria Motor Sports Club is an affiliate to CACC which is sanctioned by ASN. We get our insurance through ASN. Any event we get insurance for is Sanctioned by ASN. So find out if ASN is providing insurance and you will have your answer.
          1989 Skyline GTR

Comment

It's pretty ambiguous about it...
            I'm curious as to whether it's actually directly sanctioned or just hosted by a club that is CASC (ergo, ASN) sanctioned. For instance, Toronto Autosport Club Ralliettes are not sanctioned even though it's hosted by a sanctioned club.

Is the ASN insuring it? That was my only concern really... unsanctioned events aren't insured and that's an issue in my eyes. But if it's insured by the ASN then all is well ... I just couldn't find that info on the website.
            Race. Win. Live.

Comment

I do know that ASN does offer insurance for rally events and cheap insurance is the main reason most motorsports club affiliate. If they have access to ASN insurance I would be surprised that they don't take advantage of it. Unless ASN won't insure, because safety standards aren't or can't be met by the organizing club.

Basic insurance for a club affiliated with ASN runs between $450 to $700 annually. The higher number includes up to 14 autoslalom/autocross events and general liability.

Speed events(ie. Solo Sprint, Time Attack, Rally, Race) are insured on a per event basis. If our club tried to get insurance on our own it would be closer to $4000 annually, not including any speed events.

I'm curious as to whether it's actually directly sanctioned or just hosted by a club that is CASC (ergo, ASN) sanctioned. For instance, Toronto Autosport Club Ralliettes are not sanctioned even though it's hosted by a sanctioned club.
              If it is being run as a club event then ASN at the most is only insuring and the club doesn't need to display any CARS or ASN banners. If it is being run as a Regional Event then CARS and ASN will most likely want their banners being displayed. That is standard for all CACC affiliated clubs running a Regional Event.
              Last edited by Marke; 03-31-2011, 11:03 PM.
              1989 Skyline GTR

Comment

Working...
              X