Drift Mania

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drift Mania

Drift Mania is looking forward to a great season in 2006, and we hope everyone at GTR Canada will join us! We're going cross-country this year, with events in Montreal, Toronto, Edmonton and Vancouver. We have just completed our rules for 2006, and they can be downloaded at http://www.driftlords.com/forum/show...?p=318#post318

The Drift Mania Team

sweet I'll try to go to as many events as I can.

I had a lot of fun last year.
    Marc-André
    _________
    2.2L RB20 GTS-T
    ECU modification enabled - PM me for details

Comment

I will guaranteed be coming out for the edmonton event, and quite possibly the vancouver event as well.
      Figure Skating Champ!

AUTODREAM.CA for all your Skyline needs.

Comment

Ive actually got a few questions about this.

For starters, how stingent are you going to be on roll cage design etc. Like i realize no cusco bolt ins, but if i get a roll cage made by a certified builder that is not necessarily "SCCA" approved (there is a local guy who does these), but NHRA approved, and its built according to the guidelines set out in your rule book, will that be good enough to pass or do i need to go and find someone who's certified to build SCCA cages. I know with my fabricating skill etc. that I could make my own cage that is "to spec" with your rules, but will that be acceptable as long as the welds are good, the thickness is good, and the design is good?

Also, as far as seats, if i have door bars and the full cage, is a stock GTR seat, with proper harness going to cut it? They were approved for road use, is that all it takes?

Im just wondering because its gonna get very costly depending on how strict these are, but id like to attempt to qualify, and drivers may be hard to find (in alberta anyway) depending on roll cage specs etc.
        Figure Skating Champ!

AUTODREAM.CA for all your Skyline needs.

Comment

The roll cage can be built by anyone as long it's done to the specs outlined in the rulebook.
          As for the bucket seat, it needs to be SFI/FIA approved so no original equipment reclinable seats are alowed.

The Drift Mania Team

Comment

Sorry maybe I am being blind, but have you posted the dates up for this, I am considering shipping my 180SX drifter up from New Zealand, but was unsure how many events there was on up here, if there is a few I will bring it as i don't really want to have to sell it and build another one...

The link below is it for sale in NZ....

James

Online Japanese Auctions.

Comment

Id like to get our company AE-86 out to some of the events, but were in need of a driver, thus its an uneasy decission for us.

Vehicle Sourcing - You Tube Videos - Facebook Group
              For Parts Inquiries, Please Post Here

Comment

i'll be out at the events, definitly not drifting

but getting lots of video for our movies

and hopfully we can get some in car cameras into some of the cars

at the edmonton event and posibly the vancouver event
                JZX90 & JZX81

Comment

Working...
                X