Mosport - Canadian Time Attack Championship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mosport - Canadian Time Attack Championship

Thanks to Sailun Tire, a huge sponsor of the Canadian National Time Attack Championship at Mosport International Raceway, the Open House Price of $495 for the three days at Mosport has been extended until August 7, 2011. Dinner will be included on Saturday evening. In addition, there will be a lottery for all candidates who've signed up for the three days by August 7, 2011. The lottery will be random and five lucky winners will receive 50% of their entry fee back.

Take advantage of this spectacular offer and get a chance to win 1/2 of your entry fee back, don't wait, spaces are very limited.

Friday is a lapping day. Saturday and Sunday are competition days with lapping in the morning and competition in the afternoon. More details can be found at Ontario Time Attack (CASC-OR) at http://www.time-attack.ca or http://2011tanationals.caslube.com/

To register, contact Serge at ontariotimeattack@gmail.com

Instructors will be available all three days. If you wish to have an instructor all day Friday, this will be available at a modest additional fee. (Please note, this may be mandatory if you have limited track experience).

Who's coming?
    Frank
    nissannx is online now Report Post Edit/Delete Message

This is Three Days at Mosport for $495! Individual days also available. How can you pass that up?

Comment

What kind of regulations are we looking at in terms of vehicle safety? Typical CASC rules for sanctioned events? ie. Cage, harness, seat, suit, weight and vehicle hp, modifications etc.
      Check out the GTST Projects page and keep up to date with my build!
      www.nelsonmx.wordpress.com
      Like us on Facebook! www.facebook.com/NelsonMX
      Any part inquiries can be forwarded to marc@nelsonmx.com

Comment

Only way you are REQUIRED to have a cage and anything more than a helmet is if you're in Open or Modified class. This is how it was last time I checked. Obviously it's recommended to have as much safety equipment as you can though.

Submitting vehicle weight and dyno plot is optional.

Again this is all info from when it was Solo 1, not sure if the change to OTA has changed anything.
        Race. Win. Live.

Comment

Is it going to be marshalled ?

Or are there going to be kids jumping out of their cars on the track with no helmets on with their prostatot girlfriends like when the Subbie crashed into the hay bale and flipped a few months back ?

Comment

If this event is ASN FIA insured, the number one factor to determine if a cage or roll bar is needed will be if there are passing zones. There are currently two types of Time Attack events under ASN, Time Attack and Time Attack No Passing(the term Solo Sprint/Solo 1 has been dropped).

A minimum of a roll bar will be required if there is passing, as well as a fire extinguisher/fire suppression. The only factor I know that would require a full cage is running racing slicks(not to be confused with R-Comps). Have to add that convertibles require a SCCA/CACC approved rollbar regardless of which type of TA you do.

However the club or sanctioning body can institute tougher safety requirements if they so choose. B.C.(CACC) currently has the toughest safety standards of all ASN affiliated sanctioning bodies
            1989 Skyline GTR

"Want to Race? Save it for the track!"
            www.victoriamotorsports.ca

Comment

Looks like they have changed it a bit since I last looked at the series. Sorry for the out of date information.

Current 2011 Ontario Time Attack Rules:

1.3 ROLL OVER PROTECTION – ROLL BARS AND CAGES
              .1 A roll bar is required for:
              i) vehicles with fold down or completely removable tops (e.g., convertibles)
              ii) vehicles that have accumulated 25 PIPs or more from their starting PI,
              excluding aero and tire PIPs.
              iii) vehicles using non-DOT approved racing slicks (see 4.8.2.4)
              iv) vehicles with a Performance Index (PI) of 105% or greater
              v) 'Unlimited' class vehicles

.21 A roll cage is not required, but is recommended for any car that requires roll
              over protection.
              The second blurb there just means that all you need is a roll BAR, a full cage is not mandated - though it's highly recommended.
              Race. Win. Live.

Comment

Good questions. OTA (Ontario Time Attack - CACS-OR is formerly SoloSprint/Solo 1). Professional marshals on duty. EMT and ambulance on site. Flat bed on site. We have very strict expectations and if they're not followed the individual will not be welcome on the track.

Any street car is welcome/track cars are certainly welcome. Note: Convertibles require an aftermarket roll bar. All cars must pass scrutineering - essentially proving they're roadworthy. There is no passing during competition - point by passing during lapping sessions.

M2005 helmets are minimum expectation. Passenger must also have an M2005 helmet. Passengers are not allowed during competition. Instructors are available - they're mandatory if you haven't driven Mosport or similar tracks.

Hope this helps. Good questions.
                Frank

Each vehicle is classed according to it's base HP/handling index and then performance improvements added from there (i.e., have you upgraded suspension, turbo etc.). OTA has over a dozen classes, meaning that there is a class for your car!

Comment

I wish our solosprint out here had your guys' prep and roll over rules.

TROL

Comment

It's a beautiful drive from Van to Mosport - will you be able to join us?

Comment

Frank, is there still that online PIP calculator? Wouldn't mind seeing where a Miata I'm picking up would stand.
                      Race. Win. Live.

Comment

There you go. A stock Miata on streets would likely be T1 - performance improvements and up you go. Don't forget, a convertible must have an aftermarket roll bar.

Comment

Originally posted by nissannx View Post
                          It's a beautiful drive from Van to Mosport - will you be able to join us?
                          I'd love to. Maybe next summer I'll go on a road trip and hit up some events over east.

TROL

Comment

There are seven spots left. The price for the three days is going to be held at $495. Friday, Aug. 26 lapping day (three groups, 9 to 5) and the price is $215. Instructor spots (additional $100) - there's one spot available.

This weekend is hosted by SPDA. Sat and Sun are ASN Canadian Time Attack Championships - lapping in the morning, competition in the afternoon. MMS marshals, EMT, flatbed on-site. This is a fully insured event.

The only question you should have is "Why haven't I signed up at that price?".

Comment

Working...
                            X