Ontario Time Attack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ontario Time Attack

I've browsed and lurked the forum for quite a while. I don't own a GTR, but I do own a few Nissans. My track car is an NX1600 with a GTi-R SR20DET. I've been at the track with a few of you when the car had the original but modified GA16. Here's the Ontario Time Attack schedule. I think it looks like a great season ahead for 2012.

April 1 Open House CSC Racing
    May 5 -6 DDT School Mosport DDT
    May 26 - 27 Events 1 & 2 Mosport DDT
    June 9 - 10 Events 3 & 4 Shannonville (Pro Track and Long Track)
    July 7 Event 5 Toronto Motorsports Park
    July 28 MIR School Mosport Grand Prix Track
    July 29 Event 6 Mosport Grand Prix Track
    September 1-2 Events 7 & 8 Mosport Grand Prix Track
    Sept 22-23 Events 9 & 10 Grand Bend Raceway

http://www.time-attack.ca for more information

Are you planning another Mosport long track lapping day this year? Looking forward to the 2012 season, I hope I can make some of these events.

Comment

Hi Nate,
      Outside of OTA I do host my own event. This year it's on Friday, May 25th. PM me for details. I've got a dozen or so openings still.

OTA is wide open.
      Frank

Comment

I'd love to do the OTA events (I'll be running all of sigmas events) but unfortunately the rules make it rather difficult for modified GTR's to be competitive.

That said I may still sign up for one on the mosport big track just to get to experience it for once.
        1992 GTR - 2.7L, GT2871R's, forged bottom end, big valves, 270* cams, R34 getrag
        2000 Honda Insight - 70+mpg daily driver
        2003 Sierra 2500HD Diesel - Tow vehicle

Comment

Hi Terrh,
          Send me a PM about that, because the rules should put you into a class with cars that are set up like your own. I don't mind talking with you about how the classification system works.
          Frank

Comment

PM sent!
            1992 GTR - 2.7L, GT2871R's, forged bottom end, big valves, 270* cams, R34 getrag
            2000 Honda Insight - 70+mpg daily driver
            2003 Sierra 2500HD Diesel - Tow vehicle

Comment

I've temporarily put my car on the road to get some work done and to enjoy the lovely weather. It's getting time to have it permanently back on the road. Track season is really getting close now. The open house at CSC racing is the time and place to get the best prices on OTA events. CSC is located in Newmarket.

Ontario Time Attack - Shannonville - YouTube

Comment

I am going to attend the open house for sure. I want to do more events than just CSCS Time Attack and lapping days.
                1995 R33 GTR Vspec - Sold
                2004 Dodge SRT-4 Stage 3R - Sold
                2013 Subaru WRX STI - Where is the power? - Daily

Comment

Sounds like an awesome setup with the GTi-R motor, did you swap over the transfer case or keep it RWD?

I wouldn't mind reading a build thread, if you got one. maybe write one on here or son240sx?
                  Double track drift, yo.
                  http://www.meh.ro/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/meh.ro5228.gif

(oo sκylιnε oo)

Comment

Xeno,
                    The 4wd Pulsar drivetrain would have been too much work. I've got most of the info of the swap and conversion to the 99 Infiniti G20 transmission on SON in the Can-Alignment section. Also posted on Canada GTi-R. This winter's work posted in an article on MotoIQ. I'm hoping to really see it's true colours this year.

The open house is April 1st in NewMarket at CSC Racing. The two day school is $500 and it is the first weekend in May. I think it's the best $500 you can spend. 2/3 of the time you're in your car, 1/3 in classroom.
                    Last edited by nissannx; 03-22-2012, 07:10 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Phastwon View Post
                      I am going to attend the open house for sure. I want to do more events than just CSCS Time Attack and lapping days.
                      Excellent. The GP track and the Shannonville Pro/Long configurations we're running will really allow the GTR to show what it's made for!

Comment

Are you ready for the open house this Sunday? Are you ready for the season?

Comment

The only ASN/FIA sanctioned Time-Attack school in Canada running at Mosport Driver Development track on May 5-6. This school is designed for anyone interested in going fast on a race track in whatever car they want. We teach you how to do it well and how to do it safely.

The school is held over two days at the Mosport Driver Development Track. Students will get time on the track itself, the skidpad, a mock autocross course, as well as in the classroom to teach car control fundamentals.

Being able use all the grounds of the DDT for 2 days with certified instructors at the student's side makes this a great way to learn car control. $500 fee for 2 days, 2 lunches, dinner on Saturday and $50 off your first Mobil 1 Time-Attack event.

For details see www.time-attack.ca

Comment

Working...
                          X