Performance Street Tires

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Performance Street Tires

As the title suggests this thread is to get feed back about street tires (140 tread wear or higher). Tells us what you run, what you like or dislike and how they did at the track or auto slalom event.

Most recently I have been using the Continental Xtreme Contact DW for wet Time Attack events or Cold/Wet auto slalom events. They over heat quite quickly in the dry and produce very mediocre times. The wet however is a different story. The absolutely shine in the wet. The more wet the better. I don't think you can get a better tire for the wet unless you go to an r-comp rain tire.(I wonder how many more times I can use the word "wet")

I have also used the Dunlop Direzza Z1. These are a very good all round tire. They did very well at auto slalom both wet and dry. They stay very consistent and handle heat very well. They did very well at the track. I was only a little bit slower than cars running R-Comps.
    1989 Skyline GTR

"Want to Race? Save it for the track!"
    www.victoriamotorsports.ca

I have not used the Hankook RS3's, but I'm hearing very fast in the dry (not so good in rain) and reasonable durability on the street.

For the third year I'm running Toyo R1R tires. They are a very dependable tire. Times have been good in both hot and cool temperatures. Like any tire, it can overheat but I haven't had severe issues with that. Consistent tire in the rain. When your tire is consistent then you can have fast times - that's my plan for this season.

Comment

I'vd had good success with the Direzza Star Specs and also with the Advan AD08's. I can really give a direct comparison as I've run these tires on different cars.
      sigpic
      The Beaumont Connection

Comment

I just bought Michi super sports for my street car. no experience yet, but that's what my research lead to.
        oh hai!

Comment

My first gtr set back in 2005 was BF goodridge G-Force which were ok in the dry, crappy in the wet and squealed like stuck pigs when cornering hard. They lasted 2 seasons.

Second set was Bridgestone Potenza RE-01R. Super sticky (not like R comps of course), even at 8000rpm launch without burn out. Great wet traction and wear, well, they're about 80% after 4500km and 3 years haha. They aren't too loud in the heavy corners but that could be that I haven't been able to break them free too easily.

Newest set is the Bridgestone Potenza RE-11 which is supposedly better than the 01Rs. Cost wise, they aren't too bad, not cheap like a budget tire but cheaper than R comps. I've driven cars with Neova's and star spec and found they weren't as grippy and felt sloppy around corners (same handling mods other than tires and rims, same aspect ratio but that could be due to slightly narrower tires though it had 100whp hp less?
          Black 1991 GTR. Serious garage stand mantle/parts car.
          Black 1990 Pulsar GTiR. Sold
          Silver 1989 GTR. Sold
          Black 2010 Subaru WRX. Weekend warrior. Sold.
          Black 2013 F-150 FX4 ecoboost. Daily driver.
          White 2012 Ford Explorer Limited. Family wagon.

Sorry for my offensive comments, I r socially retard.

start by having A ROLLING GTR then we talk u ******* mofo funzy little *****
          lol

Comment

some good info here --> http://forums.gtrcanada.com/gt-r-dis...re-choice.html (recent)
            sigpic

[links to all chapters in first post]

Comment

Michelin super sport must cost A LOT!!

I'll be trying yoko s-drive this summer as I didn't have much budget for tires this year...

Does anybody know how these perform?
              Last edited by Fred-R; 04-01-2012, 07:42 AM.
              My sky got 99 problems but to find bitches ain't one

Once you go sky; Parts you're going to buy...

Comment

In support of what Frankie said. This topic has been covered.
                Use the search function.

Comment

I'm on Azenis rt615k and I like em so far first summer on them and they grip like crazy

Comment

Originally posted by Fred-R View Post
                    Michelin super sport must cost A LOT!!

I'll be trying yoko s-drive this summer as I didn't have much budget for tires this year...

Does anybody know how these perform?
                    I've got a set of S-Drives that I use on the street. Coming up on their third summer - they're good for spirited driving and I've never had any issues with them in any weather.

Comment

Working...
                    X