Australian GP?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Australian GP?

Did anyone catch this last night on Speed? It's on again today at 12:30.
    CRAZY GP.... really intense, lot's of overtaking, lots of action... lots of retired cars too.

Discuss.
    Race. Win. Live.

YESS!!

it was one of the best ever

If anyone hasn't watched it, then do so with the rerun and don't read the rest of this thread in case someone ruins the end for ya(or the many spectacular mishaps)
    Marc-André
    _________
    2.2L RB20 GTS-T
    ECU modification enabled - PM me for details

Comment

I watched a bit, but I had to go out before the end....

Schumacher's accident, was it a mistake or vehicular failuer? i couldn't understand the Japanese announcers...

Also the MacLaren pit stops were pretty funny. I'm sure Montoya threw a fit after the race
      RightDrive Inc. Parts Manager
      http://www.rightdrive.ca :: http://www.rightdriveparts.com :: http://www.rightdriveusa.com
      1970 Highway 7 West, Vaughan, ON :: 1-877-398-8220

Comment

Montoya -always- throws a fit for something. lol

The race was retarded... esp Button @ the end. Poor guy.

Comment

schumi: pilot error he followed too closely and didn't have enough downforce on his front spoiler so he overshot the corner right into the big bump after the "vibreur"(red and white bumps)
          Marc-André
          _________
          2.2L RB20 GTS-T
          ECU modification enabled - PM me for details

Comment

I caught the qualifying, but missed the race.

What happened to Button? He had a hell of a qualify, and it looked good for him in the race....
            jonesy

Originally posted by GT-R rated
            i should also mention. there's not really much you should cheap out on with a GTR. I bought my car knowing that i would never own it, because it will always own me.

Comment

He was holding of Fisichella and on the LAST straight (final lap) his engine just grenaded. And since the FIA has rules in place regarding engine changes, he had to weigh whether it was worth it to cross the finish line or not.

Whether he stopped before the finish line due to not being able to get the car there, or whether it was strategy is beyond me as I have not seen any post-race interviews. I'm sure it will be in the the May issues of F1 Racing.

As for the rules, FIA regulations state that if you cross the finish line, and need to change an engine, there is a penalty incurred... however if you do not cross the line there is no penalty.
              Race. Win. Live.

Comment

Man, that really sux for him and his team.... Plus, he's the austrailian driver, isn't he?
                jonesy

Originally posted by GT-R rated
                i should also mention. there's not really much you should cheap out on with a GTR. I bought my car knowing that i would never own it, because it will always own me.

Comment

Originally posted by jonesy
                  Man, that really sux for him and his team.... Plus, he's the austrailian driver, isn't he?
                  Nah, Jenson is British... Webber is the Australian, he was out too 3rd sector of the 10th lap I think.

Lots of sketchy stuff on this race. I think Ralph Schumacher was passing under a yellow flag - I don't know if he got nailed for it or not though. Scott Speed was stripped of his first world championship point - passing under a yellow flag - after being dropped to 11th after receiving a penalty.
                  The stewards also fined Speed US$5000 for use of abusive language to another competitor, thought to be Coulthard, during the post-race hearing.

I just read that Button was actually instructed to not cross the finish line by team officials.... so it was strategy - allowing them to do an engine change without a pentalty before San Marino.

Ralph had a good race though, still placed third even though he was penalized for speeding in the pits and being dropped to 8th during the race.
                  Race. Win. Live.

Comment

Working...
                  X