shift point ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shift point ?

Tell us when you shift and where's your rev limiter compared to this!
    Guy : "Dude ! hown much did you pay for your car ?"
    Me : "And how much did you pay for your girlfriend ?"
    Guy :

I shift whenever I feel my engine start to "wind out". However sometimes this occurs too early and shifting at that point will put me out of my power band. This is on my Z32, I find that the GTR hold power pretty damn well. I shift at 3-3500RPM when driving around, and 8K rpm whenever I'm flogging it.
    Race. Win. Live.

Comment

Originally posted by CanadianGTR
      I shift whenever I feel my engine start to "wind out". However sometimes this occurs too early and shifting at that point will put me out of my power band. This is on my Z32, I find that the GTR hold power pretty damn well. I shift at 3-3500RPM when driving around, and 8K rpm whenever I'm flogging it.
      I imagine you drive a gtr if you shift it at 8k...

where do rb20 owners shift theirs ?
      Guy :

Comment

Originally posted by WRick

Depends...if I'm just in the city and granny driving, 3500 - 4k. If I feel like having a little fun, more like 7500.
        GTRC Geriatrics Crew.

Comment

Originally posted by SmegEad
          Originally posted by WRick

Depends...if I'm just in the city and granny driving, 3500 - 4k. If I feel like having a little fun, more like 7500.
          great info, thanks!

wheres the redline on these things ?

I'm getting mine in 3 weeks... cant wait anymore...
          Guy :

Comment

RB20DET: dotted red starts @7000rpm, solid redline @7500rpm, the tach ends at 9k

RB26DETT: dotted red starts @7500rpm, solid red @8000rpm, tach ends @10k

Comment

Working...
            X