Targa Newfoundland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Targa Newfoundland

Has anyone from here competed in Targa with a GTR. I was curious about your experiences and any recommendations as to upgrades related to reliability for the sheer distance traveled. I have a very good friend in the US who is very serious about competing in 2015 or 2016 so I am hunting down an appropriate R32 GTR for him. My experience tuning cars is mostly related to "time trials". He has a good deal of driving experience, but he has not driven in an endurance event that wasn't on a track.
    KUNIO MURAMOTO / SALES@GTR-GARAGE.COM

If you're going to compete in Targa NF you better bring 2 cars. Its exceptionally hard on a car. The roads are extremely rough in some sections. Foget about going to your local parts distributer and getting ANYTHING for a Skyline.
    If you want to have any success you would be wise to use a more popular car and still bring a PILE of spares.
    That being said if your friend has a massive bank roll and insists on using an R32 I would be happy to pass along what knowledge I've accumulated and get him in touch with a good friend of mine here that's competed numerous times.

Comment

Originally posted by bobbo View Post
      If you're going to compete in Targa NF you better bring 2 cars. Its exceptionally hard on a car. The roads are extremely rough in some sections. Foget about going to your local parts distributer and getting ANYTHING for a Skyline.
      If you want to have any success you would be wise to use a more popular car and still bring a PILE of spares.
      That being said if your friend has a massive bank roll and insists on using an R32 I would be happy to pass along what knowledge I've accumulated and get him in touch with a good friend of mine here that's competed numerous times.
      Thanks for the replay. I'll advise him to create an account and reply to this thread.
      KUNIO MURAMOTO / SALES@GTR-GARAGE.COM

Comment

friends of mine are currently building a jmd evo III for the event. curious to see how they do as it destroys cars

Comment

Question, why aren't you guys going in the Fast Tour class? Just do at your own pace and get a feel of things to determine what kind of final setup you would need to run competitively in the GT or Targa class.

Or rent a Targa car :P : http://www.targanewfoundland.com/drivers/rentals/
          1992 BNR32 SKYLINE GTR

Comment

I agree with bobbo on it being harsh on car, just have to look at video clip below to see the big bumps in road that the R35 GTR encounters. I would think anything that fails on a R32 Skyline after hitting a curb or ripple strip on side of racetrack, you would have to have as spares (balljoints, bearings, bushes, arms, suspension, etc).

Also contact Millen in US (has done Targa Newfoundland with R35 GTR and can advise on what to look out for with GTR) -

Targa Newfoundland Rally 2009 - Day 1 • STILLEN Nissan R35 GT-R • Stage 1-3: Argentia 2 • Distance: 3.06 km • Finishing time: 1:55 (fastest overall stage tim...

Millen -

STILLEN Performance Exhaust, Intakes, Superchargers and Vehicle Styling products under leading brands STILLEN, Street Scene, TruPower Cold Air Intakes and Stillen Cat Back Exhaust. Performance Aftermarket Products for Trucks, Performance Cars, Luxury Cars, Sports Cars and Off-Road.
            RESPONSE MONSTER

The most epic signature ever "epic".

Comment

Working...
            X