Drag times not adding up!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drag times not adding up!

Frustrating to say the least, I'm still hitting low 13's.

I'll summarize the key numbers. (Note: this is test and tune so disregard r/t)

60": 2.5 seconds
    1/4 mile: 13.3 seconds
    mph: 115mph

According to others I've spoke to, cutting my 60" time could get me to the low 12's.

Any input?
    1989 R32 GTS-t (Sold)

Your 60ft is too slow try to have some traction. your car have the speed to hit 12 sec easy.

Comment

Thinking of investing in a pair of slicks. Lol
      1989 R32 GTS-t (Sold)

Comment

Looking at photo of your car, probably too much camber on rear wheels when squating which reduces contact patch on tyres (due to lowering car too low).

Raise ride height of car until reduces camber on rear when squating (stock ride height, from memory that was 370mm front, 350mm rear and measured from middle of wheel to top of archway), adjustable arms on rear of car, softest setting with damping on rear.

Also fit stock 16" R32 GTR rims with drag slicks. Street tyres are not compatible with dragstrips. If do run a street tyre, BFG or Nitto drag radials.

Also can play with rear subframe angle to get more traction (Whiteline pineapple bushes).
        Last edited by Skym; 05-05-2013, 10:48 AM.
        RESPONSE MONSTER

The most epic signature ever "epic".

Comment

what RPM you launching at? how much HP do you make to the wheels? What kind of tires do you have?do you ride the clutch until you get traction? We need info from you first

Comment

Drag radials and drive it like you stole it and you just might crack the 11s. Perfecting the launch and getting down to a 1.7 sec. 60 ft and you are mid to low 12s with no other changes. Every 10th you knock off the 60' is worth a tenth and a half at the other end. 115mph is more than enough to go mid 12s.

Jon.
            Why don't you come over to MySpace and Twitter my Yahoo untill I Google all over your Facebook.

1990 GTR Drag Special T88H34D 11.24 @ 127.55mph at only 1.2bar...... officially. SOLD

Comment

Also can load it up against the handbrake to lock drivetrain (reduces shock on drivetrain).
              Last edited by Skym; 05-06-2013, 04:47 AM.
              RESPONSE MONSTER

The most epic signature ever "epic".

Comment

Originally posted by Skym View Post
                Also can load it up against the handbrake to lock drivetrain (reduces shock on drivetrain).
                you just have to be quick with your hands and feet at the same time haha

Comment

You could defiantly improve that 60foot
                  I managed a 1.9 60'' with bald street tires are -3.5 of camber with lots of wheel spin
                  Built R32 GTR, BW S362, 682awhp @ 28psi

Comment

Working...
                  X