Godzilla at "The Glen"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Godzilla at "The Glen"

I've got the car loaded up (on a trailer this time) and we're leaving for a 1,680km trip to Watkins Glen in upstate NY early Friday morning.
    This is an Advanced High Performance Driving School hosted by the BMWCCA and involves 1 day of instruction followed by a day of open lapping.
    I'll be posting pics, updates and videos as I can.
    Wish us luck!

Have fun! I'm leaving to go on a two month exercise so I will not be here for the HPDS at AMP

Looking forward to pictures and video of this trip!

Comment

Good luck! are you going to have a go pro on your "Godzilla"?
      07 Ranger 2x4 Sport

Comment

Thanks guys! I will have a GoPro with me.
        Ross, sorry your not gonna make it.

Comment

Updates bobbo!! Hope you have a blast!
          Come on lotto!!! Daddy needs a whole lotta stuff!

Comment

Yes it sucks, at least the roads should be in better shape when I get back!

Comment

Originally posted by bobbo View Post
              Thanks guys! I will have a GoPro with me.
              Ross, sorry your not gonna make it.
              Go pros don't do really nice pics, only videos if you're unclose.

I've owned go pros 1, 2, 3, 3+ and so far, they're ok but you really need the corrective lens attachments to make them take good pics! I think it's an extra $150 or so for that.
              No build thread.
              1991 nissan
              El terror

"Built not bought" sooner or later = "broken not running"

Comment

I brought a decent camera and a GoPro Black Edition.

I had a horrible time getting across the border!!!
                Turns out there is an in increased crack down on these cars.
                I was there with extensive documentation, a Supreme Court Judge and a Crown Prosecuter supporting that I wasn't going to sell the car. Didn't matter.
                I had to pay $258usd for an import bond to get the car in and wait almost 4 hours.
                If I'm not too lazy when I get home and remember the details lll post a thread with more info. It was quite interesting in more ways than one.

Comment

^ Well there goes my mileage savings, I wanted to go through Maine to get the GTR from Moncton to Sherbrooke (still don't know if I'll take her out this year)

So, did you manage to keep your temper?

Overreaction and idiocy go hand in hand, and in the end you just have to laugh at the stupidity.
                  1992 BNR32 SKYLINE GTR

Comment

Sadly with my current experience Marc I'd suggest paying our rediculous fuel prices instead of saving ~35% and going through the states. (Please read the previous sentence with distane in your voice).

This may surprise you but the people I was traveling with literally applauded the way I handled it.
                    Keep in mind my wife (and better half who is much smarter than I) who is a CBSA Border Services Officer was advising me through the process.

*spoiler alert for my thread on the new border situation*
                    The U.S. Customes officer and the bondsman I had to deal with are long time friends. Coincidence? Feel free to speculate.
                    Last edited by bobbo; 05-03-2014, 06:04 AM.

Comment

This place is far beyond my expectations. Absolutely amazing in all regards. Here's a couple teasers.

This is turn 1, up into the esses and onto the back straight where I expect to see around 200.

I have to thank Kunio at GTR Garage for supporting me on this. They generously provided Project Mu pads for the event.
                      Last edited by bobbo; 05-04-2014, 11:51 PM.

Comment

Pick me up next time so I'd take fancy pictures for you and Kunio.
                        1992 BNR32 SKYLINE GTR

Comment

We're on our way home and thankfully the car is intact.

I've got some stories, drama and some pics to add when I get home so stand by.

Comment

Very cool

Are you planning any other road trips this year? I am contemplating a few....would be cool to run with another GTR!

Comment

I'm shooting for New Hampshire in the fall and enjoying the events at my home track through the summer. NHMS wouldn't be worth while for you distance wise.
                              I'm hoping to do some combo of Cicuit Mont Tremblant, Calabogie and/or Mosport next year though.
                              I will do Watkins Glen again. For sure.

I'll be posting some pics and vids as soon as I have time to sit down at the computer.

Comment

Working...
                              X