pics of my car @ sanair - sept 16th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pics of my car @ sanair - sept 16th

Body roll ? pfff.... I need sway bars - bad.

The guy with me is a guy from twofast racing team... hehe, from the montreal subaru club. We had lots of fun
    Guy : "Dude ! hown much did you pay for your car ?"
    Me : "And how much did you pay for your girlfriend ?"
    Guy :

wow that looks like fun !!

gald to see another skyline on the track in Québec!!

any comments/impressions on the skyline on track?

under/over steer ?

hows the braking
    did you feel the hicas kick in?...

We(I) want details hehe
    Marc-André
    _________
    2.2L RB20 GTS-T
    ECU modification enabled - PM me for details

Comment

nice skyline, how did she handle
      2009 Mercedes C63 AMG. Daily
      1969 Cooper S. Restored
      1994 Rover Mini 1460cc, 134whp, 7 port fuel injected w/ITB's, & straight cuts w/ 4.67 gearing

Comment

@ Klys

Well, I bought the car to track it, not to put neons under it !

Everybody should track their skylines, it's better than sex... :roll:

It felt great, tires did an ok job once hot, brakes were fabulous. All I need are stainless lines, cause I had to adjust my heel/toeing when the stock lines warmed up, the pedal went a little further.

I felt the Hicas all day, especially in the hairpins and high speed turning. it did not help with braking at all... I felt the car going sideways, an honestly, braking when going sideways is not a thing to do, so you have to wait for the car to straighten up, then slam the brakes.

hicas has got to go, that's for sure.

Over all, I loved my day, sunshine, not too hot and great track.

I have brembo plains with hp+ pads. Never ran out of brakes.

The car went like a champ, I put 90 bucks of fuel in it for 145 km of tracking. ( yeah, I lapped alot !!! )

It ran 9-10 degrees ( celsuis ) hotter than usual. I ran at 91 degrees all day, which is fabulous. That rad. shroud ( greddy ) does a 10 degree difference. I tried it out.

So now I need sway bars, bad.

What's the stock diameter in front/back ?

I have a 22mm in front... isn't this big for a stocker ?

Rick
        Guy :

Comment

indeed braking while not being straight is a no no unless you've started trail braking when initiating a corner...

I sometimes release the brake a bit (where I would normaly take the foot off) for .5 sec when I initiat a long turn.. it transferts the weight foward while still being relatively straight then really turn with foot on gas.

yep brembos and hawk HP+ are really nice!

compared to stock it's day and night

I also have to readjust heel-toeing after a couple of laps :P

hope to see you on track this summer, however seing how your car was violated by your ex-roommate :S I dunno

and I don't know if my cars gonna be track ready as my suspension parts have yet to be changed
          Marc-André
          _________
          2.2L RB20 GTS-T

Comment

I found out this weekend my suspension is worth ****...

kyb sr special with bertex coils, is probably the equivalent of the north american kyb agx cheap **** with bilstein coils...

Trust me, the car came with it...

I'm looking into swaybars now, cause honestly, imo, this is something major that noone here seems to be looking into.

I've had whitelines links and swaybars forever, these things just change a whole car.

For like under 200 ponies... a real joke to keep the rear end at it's place... oh yeah, and there goes undesired body roll... if you have stress bars, you need swaybars. It's a must.
            Guy :

Comment

/nod

With out crappy roads, swaybars are so much more interesting than the ultra-stiff spring rates most people go for.
              JF

Comment

Originally posted by paradox
                /nod

With out crappy roads, swaybars are so much more interesting than the ultra-stiff spring rates most people go for.
                I'll have prices for whitelines this week

gb !!!
                Guy :

Comment

My experience with upgrading the swaybars is that they dont do as much as good coilovers do. Good, collar adjustable coilovers are the first thing you should do for the suspension of your car. Then tension rods, then probably swaybars.

With as much body roll as you have....i would personally look into new coilovers before i did swaybars.
                  Figure Skating Champ!

AUTODREAM.CA for all your Skyline needs.

Comment

Why does everyone love coilovers so much? As apposed to a decent shock/spring setup...

Personally i hate coilovers... There far to harsh for a Daily Driver on Canada's horrible roads..
                    Z33 Convert...

Comment

well that I can agree :P

roads in montreal are horrible...

next year I'm thinking of converting the GTS-T to track car only...

I drove it too much this summer in craptastic roads...

and now many things in the suspension/direction are loose

(with Tein coilovers)

but on the track they were pretty good except maybe a bit too stiff in the back
                      Marc-André
                      _________
                      2.2L RB20 GTS-T

Comment

Yea I have Tein HA right now.. They wont be on the car next summer... I hate the bloody things...

I dont know enough about suspension.. So i msged SK on SAU and told him to go nuts... We'll see how she handles next year...
                        Z33 Convert...

Comment

I have some Ohlins coilovers on my GTR right now, and they are near perfect. *So* much more comfortable than the Teins I've had on past cars (and also more comfy than a custom Hyperco coils with GAB shocks setup I've also had).

Sean had mentionned it before and now I believe it. Very good quality coilovers are *not* harsh at all.
                          JF

Comment

Originally posted by paradox
                            I have some Ohlins coilovers on my GTR right now, and they are near perfect. *So* much more comfortable than the Teins I've had on past cars (and also more comfy than a custom Hyperco coils with GAB shocks setup I've also had).

Sean had mentionned it before and now I believe it. Very good quality coilovers are *not* harsh at all.
                            Bingo. Don't blame coilovers - blame springs designed for tabletop smooth racetracks and adjustable shocks that someone cranked to full hard. :roll:

Go with SydneyKid's suspension group buy out of Australia. You won't be sorry. He's raced Skylines (and won his share) and devotes what must be countless hours to helping out fellow enthusiasts.

I've got a contact from www.n-e-c-c.com who brought in a set of Whiteling anti-roll bars for me. I'll write a review when I've had a chance to get them out on the track. Likely spring 07...

Dan
                            sigpic
                            The Beaumont Connection

Comment

Working...
                            X