• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canadian Business Journal looks at RHD`s

RightDrive/CAVI vs. CADA
    Kent/Leier vs. Hatch
    David vs. Goliath

Canadian Business Journal views both sides. Check it out. It is decent, but not great. The writer is very unbiased though which is good. When we spoke to him on the phone, he said he is very much on the side of the small businessmen.

"They're old, they're dirty" I didnt know a car being dirty could harm anyone. And these OLD cars probably have lower km then any old LHD car here. Thanks for sharing!
    Heart rate 160, I'm goin 260, RB26 run me past you in a jiffy

GT-R

O O SKYLINE O O

Comment

The writer was very unbiased. Definitely worth the read.
      I love it how Kent pretty much delivered a slap in the face with the 25 year law. If you want the cars coming into Canada to be safer, dont make it so that the cars we import are older. In fact they should be newer! The law should be made a 5 year law. The newer the car, the better the safety standards and equipment in the car!
      Go Kent!

You guys have my full support for this and if there is anything needed from the actual drivers/owners, Iam sure all of us here would be very happy to oblige!
      1991 Silver Skyline R32 GT-R - SOLD You will be sorely missed girl :'(

Comment

Thanks for standing up for us Right Drive.
        1995 R33 GTR Vspec - Sold
        2004 Dodge SRT-4 Stage 3R - Sold
        2013 Subaru WRX STI - Where is the power? - Daily

Comment

Originally posted by bellis_GTR View Post
          "They're old, they're dirty" I didnt know a car being dirty could harm anyone. And these OLD cars probably have lower km then any old LHD car here. Thanks for sharing!
          Hatch made this comment in regards to them being environmentally dirty (emissions). This is why his argument to have the law pushed back to 25 years is going in reverse. It makes no sense.

Comment

Thanks Guys

Big Thanks to Dale over at CAVI as well. He is fighting hard for us to keep our vehicle rights.
            More news to come soon!

Comment

thanks rightdrive for standing up for us! we have your back!

Comment

Agreed with everyone above. Nothing CADA or they're representatives have said has made sense. They're walking all over themselves. We're right behind Right Drive and CAVI! Anything it takes to defend these cars!
                Originally posted by kengeroo
                that's what I thought when I opened the package..
                ...don't drink and ebay
                '03 Ford Mustang

Comment

Thanks for your effort..

Comment

One thing I like to point out is the vehicle inspection requirement they have in Japan:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Motor-v...ection_(Japan)

http://www.navi.go.jp/english/index.html

and the Japanese also have one of the world's toughest auto emission standards:

http://www.dieselnet.com/standards/jp/

And what about 15 year and older LHD European cars from Japan? Are they safer because they are left hand drive and less of a polluter because the Japanese has stricter emission standards?

Comment

Good job Mike!! +1 on making it 5 years rule!!!!

I guess they just dont like young people with fast cars that are really affordable!! (Not all young drivers are worse or irresponsible compare to other age group. There are so many times are see some bold mid-age man driving dangerously with their Porsche 911 etc) Due to the arguable fact that the young and inexperienced drivers are more likely to get into accidents. They think Young people+fast cars= no good. They are totally missing the point!!

If they think the road is gonna be safer by getting rid of so call "Boy-racers" or "Tokyo Drift" cars from Japan. It will be totally useless. Because the kids will just buy a rusted civic, 240sx or other kind of compact imports to soup up. Rusted and soup up civics or a 240sx with no frame rail and floor VS. a almost stock Skyline (this seems to be what most of the skylines like). hummm I wonder which is safer.

Even they can get rid off RHD imports. They still are not gonna make the street any safer if not worse. They just gonna push the young people drive something significantly worse then the JDM imports in terms of safety and performance. And leave a lot of pissed off people who cannot get their dream collector cars!!
                      Last edited by Harvey; 10-28-2010, 09:30 AM.
                      10 Infiniti FX35
                      09 Infiniti G37X coupe
                      02 Subaru WRX....sold
                      01 VW jetta 1.8T....sold
                      90-00-08 BNR32
                      92 NX2000...sold
                      95 S14 LE...Sold

Comment

I just spoke with Justin who wrote this article. he is doing a follow up tomorrow and discussing the IVOAC analysis that discredits the ICBC study. I send it to him for immediate release.

Should be interesting! Ill keep you guys posted.

Comment

Awesome! Looking forward to reading it!
                          Originally posted by kengeroo
                          that's what I thought when I opened the package..
                          ...don't drink and ebay
                          '03 Ford Mustang

Comment

Dont forget there isn't just the 2008 ICBC study that slammed RHDs, but there is also the November 2009 one done by the SAAQ which the government used to ban RHDs in Quebec...

It's found here,

French: http://www.saaq.gouv.qc.ca/publicati...ant_droite.pdf
                            English: http://www.saaq.gouv.qc.ca/publicati...hand_drive.pdf

Just an FYI, since this one can also be used as ammo for the anti-RHD movement.
                            R32 GTR FULL SERVICE MANUAL DOWNLOAD:
                            http://forums.gtrcanada.com/faq/36-holy-bible-6.html#post467565

Comment

Originally posted by Matty View Post
                              I just spoke with Justin who wrote this article. he is doing a follow up tomorrow and discussing the IVOAC analysis that discredits the ICBC study. I send it to him for immediate release.

Should be interesting! Ill keep you guys posted.
                              This is gigantic amounts of win!
                              1991 Silver Skyline R32 GT-R - SOLD You will be sorely missed girl :'(

Comment

Working...
                              X