No announcement yet.

Media accepting ICBC study rebuttal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd back you up. Left hand turns can be blind regardless. Ever pulled up face to face with a van/SUV/big truck turning left in the oncoming lane? Good luck seeing past it if they're not over far enough, even in a LHD vehicle. My friend got his CVPI smashed into on the front left end while making a left turn. Some girl ran a red light and he couldn't see her
    Originally posted by kengeroo
    that's what I thought when I opened the package..
    ...don't drink and ebay
    '03 Ford Mustang

Comment

Man its disturbing that Joel wrote that article. RHD cars are more dangerous if you compare them to all LHD cars. The main importers of these cars are young men. Also the most popular car imported is GODZILLA, and it feasts on the souls of teenagers. I can easily see how a few bad apples can make the whole sea-can of beautiful machines look tainted.

Comment

Originally posted by poostang View Post
        Man its disturbing that Joel wrote that article. RHD cars are more dangerous if you compare them to all LHD cars. The main importers of these cars are young men. Also the most popular car imported is GODZILLA, and it feasts on the souls of teenagers. I can easily see how a few bad apples can make the whole sea-can of beautiful machines look tainted.
        skylines are not the most popular vehicles being imported... i see more delica's than i do skylines
        How many kids with A.D.D. does it take to screw in a light bulb?

Wanna go ride bikes...

R.I.P \'87 4cyl Rustang
        \'03 Dodge SX2.0
        \'90 GTR32

Comment

I think the provincial governments need to worry more about the extremely dangerous cars that are already on our roads before even touching RHD issues... Everyday I see cars that have no brakes, bald tires, shot suspension peices, no signals, 1 or no brake lights, leaks from every possible spot on the car and the list goes on! And about 7 times out of 10 the customer never gets the work done cause it "costs to much", sorry but is that not the price you pay for owning and driving a vehicle everyday? There SHOULD be manditory inspections on cars like in Japan, it would keep alot of crap off the road anddd i would get payed more

Example... Yesterday guy comes in with a flat tire, guy pulls off the wheel and the spring on his mcpherson strut had literally busted in 2 peices and slashing the tire. Customer only wanted to replace the tire and drive around with no spring on the front right side of his car!!! We told him he needed to buy a spring or it would only be leaving our shop with a tow truck
          Last edited by JNS Performance; 01-05-2011, 07:44 PM.
          2009 Mercedes C63 AMG. Daily
          1969 Cooper S. Restored
          1994 Rover Mini 1460cc, 134whp, 7 port fuel injected w/ITB's, & straight cuts w/ 4.67 gearing

Comment

did he???
            Check out Top Tier Imports. Sign up today! http://www.toptierimports.com
            http://www.youtube.com/user/TopTierImports?feature=mhee

Comment

Nope got the car towed I believe, will ask tomorrow was after i left lol I got a picture of it, just transferring it from my BB

Here it is, sorry about quality
              Last edited by JNS Performance; 01-05-2011, 07:54 PM.
              1969 Cooper S. Restored
              1994 Rover Mini 1460cc, 134whp, 7 port fuel injected w/ITB's, & straight cuts w/ 4.67 gearing

Comment

thats just pathetic, i know what you mean though!

There is a big old pick up truck that i've seen around Winnipeg on more than one occasion and his has a large wood block for a front bumper.
                Originally posted by Paradis
                ^^ hows not being rich going? ...haters be hatin

Comment

Holy friggen hell! He's gonna try to drive like that?!?! I know a lot of cars that're kicking around the London area that just should NOT be on the road as well. It's scary. RHD's are at least (for the most part) in fantastic condition, and the owners at least take care of them...
                  Originally posted by kengeroo
                  that's what I thought when I opened the package..
                  ...don't drink and ebay
                  '03 Ford Mustang

Comment

Originally posted by Braden @ JNS Imports View Post
                    There SHOULD be manditory inspections on cars like in Japan, it would keep alot of crap off the road anddd i would get payed more
                    Ironically, over here in Quebec, you only need to get the car inspected once (when you first put it on the road, aka brand new).

Then, no matter how many times you sell it / how many people the ownership gets transfered to, you will NEVER have to get the vehicle inspected as long as it is kept on the road (not in storage for more than a year). Even if the car is 25 years old.
                    R32 GTR FULL SERVICE MANUAL DOWNLOAD:
                    http://forums.gtrcanada.com/faq/36-holy-bible-6.html#post467565

Comment

Originally posted by DarkCaporaL View Post
                      Ironically, over here in Quebec, you only need to get the car inspected once (when you first put it on the road, aka brand new).

Then, no matter how many times you sell it / how many people the ownership gets transfered to, you will NEVER have to get the vehicle inspected as long as it is kept on the road (not in storage for more than a year). Even if the car is 25 years old.
                      Yikes thats worst than Alberta... if you purchase a used car insurance inspections are mandatory on all vehicles over 7 years old. Every time paperwork changes hands it gets an inspection to be on the road. Those cars are actually some of the better cars... its the ones that stay with 1 owner who doesn't know how to properly maintain a vehicle that scare me.

Something has to change across the whole country, cause I see it multiple times EVERYDAY and I think basically anybody working in a auto shop can testify to that....

Anyway sorry about getting so OT.
                      Last edited by JNS Performance; 01-06-2011, 03:31 PM.
                      1969 Cooper S. Restored

Comment

In NB inspection is due each year with regular roadblocks by the police to check credentials. Rediculously, you can't pass if:

-You have a hole in the body. Rust is fine, hole is BIG NO NO. Fiberglass rocker panel fixin' is a bustling industry over here.
                        -You don't have properly functioning door handles
                        -Don't have a rear wiper if the car comes with one (if so, you need to cover the hole to pass)
                        -If the wipers streak

that's just on top of my head, there's much more...

BUT, I am happy there's no regulation on side markers *knocks on wood*
                        1992 BNR32 SKYLINE GTR

Comment

this is another good answer to right hand drives being dangerous they talk about the uk running rhd on the right side of the road and how they run lhd as well and the rhd are 30% less likely to be in accidents on their roads and for all of us who love our cars talks about how the 15 year ban would be better not to be around http://kleinlyons.com/blog/?p=98

Comment

see they bitch and moan about how canada is the supposed dumping ground for dirty smelly old cars. now how big is the used import market in australia alone?
                            i think BC needs to focus on creating better driver, and making it so the "old smelly dirty poluting and down right dangerous DOMESTIC cars" get off the road.
                            Its not just a car, Its a Life style
                            O O SKYLINE O O

Comment

this is a good start in relieving the topic of rhd, people fear what they dont understand! Its a step in the right direction. Just wish the quebec government would wake up
                              92,94,95 Honda Civic
                              92,92,93 Nissan Skyine GTS-T
                              91 Nissan Skyline GTR
                              92,93 Nissan 180sx
                              90,91,91,92,93,93 Nissan 240sx
                              89 Nissan Silvia

Comment

I wish they'd be this accepting of JDM cars in Ontario .. or atleast have insurnace groups not charge so damn much for younger drivers. I dont want to shop for insurance out of country lol
                                Double track drift, yo.
                                http://www.meh.ro/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/meh.ro5228.gif

(oo sκylιnε oo)

Comment

Working...
                                X