Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

North America Imports, Its Slowly Slipping Away, Spread the word, Discuss & Educate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not at all. The way it stands, its been the same with registering Skylines in Ontario (for the most part) since '04.
    Victory is on the horizon..

Comment

new law will always be grandfathered anyways even if they do change the 15 year rule... Can't just ban em and take em away
      Originally posted by archaeic_bloke
      hows the warp drive? i've seen far too many GTR's lately that just arent able to hit warp speed.

Comment

Originally posted by JZ View Post
        BTW I doubt the US having a 25 yr import law will influsence the Canadian Guv. We are a sovereign country with our own priorities. Otherwise we would have been in Iraq
        About sovereign country, do you know the US actually occupy part of OUR northern territory.
        And by occupy I mean, it's off limit to us Canadian citizen and even off limit to our Armed Force.
        But I guess out of sight, out of mind right.

And It's not the US government I'm worried about, they don't have much to gain, since they
        actually mostly import from us rather than the other way around. It the big car company, and
        there lobbying that I'm worried about. I can guarantee that the 15 years old rules wouldn't
        be nearly has restrictive if it wouldn't be for them.

I try not to think about our government, because it just make's me so sad that people can
        still believe in it. Seriously I would really like to believe in it myself, but I just can't, since
        it is fundamentally flawed. Think about it for a minute, we take a person that is not scared
        to lies in order to achieve is personal goal. Expect him to learn about a whole government
        branch, identify problem, come up with possible solution, formulate a plan to put in place
        those plan, get them approve by a bunch a people that couldn't care less for the problem
        in the first place. All this while being approach by big corporation, cramming bull s**t
        report down is throat and threatening to have him replace if he doesn't cooperate.
        Hell at the speed these guys work, how are we even surprise they rarely ever get further
        than identifying the problem before there is a new election and the cycle start over.
        Then you have guy's like me who get pissed off at them because they come up with new
        bogus laws to patch a failing system.

Got to love living in a so call representative democratic country. I call it so call, because
        that's what it should be or at less what I have been brought up to believe it was. But
        lately the more I look at it, and the more I find it looks like a Totalitarian democracy.
        Well either way, one thing is certain it's all run by capitalism.

Here an old picture from 1911, made by the anti-capitalism movement of that time.

I know when I start writing It's usually long, but it's my day off, their still snow
        outside, and no I didn't have anything better to do. lol

P.S. JZ do you know if it's possible to have a preview option before we post,
        my window is about 5 1/2 lines. It good for most post but when it gets long
        I have to scroll for ever to double check if what I wrote actually make sense.
        Which at almost 3h am is a strong possibility.
        14 VW Jetta TDI
        05 Sentra SpecV - winter beater -
        95 240sx (RB25DET powered)
        95 240sx ( powered)
        89 GTR - Money Pit -

Comment

Originally posted by quadracer111 View Post
          I think us Canadians are safe for a while. From what I heard, transport canada basically told CADA to stfu and put them in their place. Now Quebec is another story, but they seem to like to do their own things (no offence intended, just the truth lol).
          Federal government sent people down to our dealership for a study a few weeks ago. We havent said much yet but it went well. That's all I will say for now. Results should be out in later March or April I would assume.
          Last edited by Matty; 03-21-2011, 05:54 AM.

Comment

Go matty Fingers are crossed for some success

On another note, completely off-topic, are you accepting R34 orders yet? Or are you waiting closer to 2014?
            '12 Kia Forte - Winter/Summer car
            '91 Skyline GTR - Weekend Fun/Project car

Comment

Originally posted by Matty View Post
              Federal government sent people down to our dealership for a study a few weeks ago. We havent said much yet but it went well. That's all I will say for now. Results should be out in later March or April I would assume.
              Good to hear. Our community is lucky to have such a standup company to put a mature face on the rhd market.

I'm not here to listen to conspiracy theorists, lets just keep conjecture out of this thread and deal with facts.

FACT: it is not illegal to import, register, drive a righty in Canada (outside of Qc)
              FACT: CADA tried their hardest and was told to STFU.
              FACT: The Big Three automakers have enough on their minds than to go after such small fry like rhd's.
              FACT: If we all drive responsibly, maybe the insco's will stop raping us on coverage

"Life's too short to drive boring cars!"

Comment

Good to hear. Our community is lucky to have such a standup company to put a mature face on the rhd market.

I'm not here to listen to conspiracy theorists, lets just keep conjecture out of this thread and deal with facts.

FACT: it is not illegal to import, register, drive a righty in Canada (outside of Qc)
                FACT: The Big Three automakers have enough on their minds than to go after such small fry like rhd's.
                FACT: If we all drive responsibly, maybe the insco's will stop raping us on coverage
                Thats a great list.

But the insurance thing seems to be only in MB and Ontario... I pay $80 a month on my car here in SK (yes rubbing it in, ).
                BNR32- Sold
                1998 Evolution V

Comment

I'm happy with where this thread has gone, everyone has been saying their piece and telling their side, which was 100% the goal of this thread (for me), and I must say, of all the other forums I posted this story on, GTRC handled this the best. lol, violence erupted on 3 other forums for which I posted this story, 2 of them got thread locked, and one had me banned completely from the board... all for what was said in the original post... this IS a damn sensitive issue, but I commend the people here for being open minded, mature, and smart enough to understand that the reason I posted this was just to get some discussion going.

3 cheers for JZ running an awesome Forum, GTRC, always my first home forum. , agreed on that list!
                  The SkyLife Community & News Website --> http://www.skylife4ever.com

Comment

Thanks John
                    Once their study is released, Ill tell the story of when they came. It was pretty neat. They sent some nice people too.

Comment

Sorry JZ, probably went off topic with that one. (little alcohol probably didn't help,
                      also having family/friends in high political position kind of made it a little bit personal
                      too. lol)

Since JZ like's fact

Well we already saw the implementation of the US bumper rule. (FACT)

And here is the bill I'm talking about for Mexico. (also FACT)

It's push by NAFTA (also FACT)

It might not mean much for RDH cars, but it does open the door to European cars offered
                      in Mexico, but not available in the US or Canada. (Fiat, Mastretta, Peugeot, Radical
                      Sportscars, Renault, SEAT, etc...), Will also make available different version of cars already
                      available here.

And Matty that's really good to hear.

I am proud to said I'm part of the good statistic, since my cars has done 0km
                      since I got it 2-3 years ago. No accident from me lol I know kind of sad.

J-F
                      14 VW Jetta TDI
                      05 Sentra SpecV - winter beater -
                      95 240sx (RB25DET powered)
                      95 240sx ( powered)
                      89 GTR - Money Pit -

Comment

Originally posted by quadracer111 View Post
                        Thats a great list.

But the insurance thing seems to be only in MB and Ontario... I pay $80 a month on my car here in SK (yes rubbing it in, ).
                        It's not the insurance that is the issue, i'm 19 (almost 20) and with the car insured under my name it would be 1600 for the year (MPI), and thats having +3 discount on our system out of a possible +15.
                        The issue here is the difficulty of getting the car safetied, MPI has put such a fear into everyone from this past summer, that most shops won't touch them now. Even after you get it safetied, you have to deal with the unfair profiling from the police who are enforcing the dot parts very strictly.

They can't ban RHD's right now because they are acceptable on a federal level, all the provincial level can do is enforce the rules to make them compliant as strictly as possible...which is what MPI is doing.
                        Originally posted by Paradis
                        ^^ hows not being rich going? ...haters be hatin

Comment

You have to face the fact that there's also a demographic associated with righties. There was a reason why in 2004 when I started the "post your intro here" thread I purposely asked for race I was curious whether GTRs and Skylines would be owned by predominently young asian dudes. Before 2004, all rhd's imported into Canada were mostly smelly, dirty old Triumphs, Austin Healeys and Jags. Small numbers of an eccentric older enthusiast group that had an image of not being able to hurt a fly. Suddenly fire breathing GTRs, Supras, FD and the ilk flooded the scene with images of hotties leaning on underglowed cars in F&F and you see where the panic starts.

Bottom line: be proud of your rides, be humble and earn other motorists respect, and we will ride out this negativity just fine.

"Life's too short to drive boring cars!"

Comment

Bottom line: be proud of your rides, be humble and earn other motorists respect, and we will ride out this negativity just fine.
                            this is the mindset that will get our community through these problems. good on you John
                            Victory is on the horizon..

Comment

BTW I doubt the US having a 25 yr import law will influsence the Canadian Guv. We are a sovereign country with our own priorities. Otherwise we would have been in Iraq
                              OT, but we were in Iraq, just not officialy.
                              R32 GTR FULL SERVICE MANUAL DOWNLOAD:
                              http://forums.gtrcanada.com/faq/36-holy-bible-6.html#post467565

Comment

I didn't read all this word for word but I'd like to just throw it out there that these kinda things could change over night. I think (correct me if I'm wrong) but my FS/HE instructor showed us how gun laws changed and why they are the way their are. I think this same kinda thing could happen with RHD, little changes here and there and all of a sudden their is a all out ban on importing RHD cars.

What I'm saying here is if we don't keep our heads out of the sand now and make sure it's known who we are, what we drivem, and what we stand for. Eventually they'll walk all over us.

Comment

Working...
                                X