"RHD" Sticker Mandatory in Ontario??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "RHD" Sticker Mandatory in Ontario??

So a cop came up to me the other day and told me that the "right hand drive vehicle" sticker is mandatory by law in ontario...

I read that the sticker is only required if your car doesn't possess working turn signals. can anyone confirm this?

Heard the same as you... You should keep a copy of the law book or whatever
    03 lancer dead
    68 gmc w/355 cid rice killer
    05 chevy silverado L33
    2010 crv Wife's ride
    1987 Harley Softail custom

Comment

You're correct, you don't need the sticker if you have turn signals, here's another thread that backs it up:

Comment

I agree. Sticker is not mandatory. I keep a printout of that section of the HTA in my skyline in case I get pulled over.
        1995 R33 GTR Vspec - Sold
        2004 Dodge SRT-4 Stage 3R - Sold
        2013 Subaru WRX STI - Where is the power? - Daily

Comment

I will be keeping a printout of applicable HTA laws in my car as well, seeing as the officers themselves don't even know the rules.
          You do not need the sticker if your turn signals work. Here's the link to Ontario Gov website:

Welcome to the new e-Laws. It’s now easier than ever to find Ontario laws. We welcome your feedback.

Vehicles with right hand drive

63. Every vehicle that is equipped with a right hand drive shall, unless it is equipped with a mechanical or electrical signal device as described in subsection 142 (6), have prominently displayed on the rear thereof, in bold face letters of not less than 50 millimetres in height and of a colour which is in contrast to that of the vehicle, the words,

“RIGHT HAND DRIVE VEHICLE”.

R.S.O. 1990, c. H.8, s. 63.
          RightDrive Inc. Parts Manager
          http://www.rightdrive.ca :: http://www.rightdriveparts.com :: http://www.rightdriveusa.com
          1970 Highway 7 West, Vaughan, ON :: 1-877-398-8220

Comment

My copy of the HTA has been in my glovebox since I bought my car. I'm really waiting for the day the cop tells me this just so I can be a bit of a smart ass:P

Comment

Originally posted by MattRose View Post
              My copy of the HTA has been in my glovebox since I bought my car. I'm really waiting for the day the cop tells me this just so I can be a bit of a smart ass:P
              Hopefully they don't get offerended and slam you with anything else they can find or stalk you lol
              No build thread.
              1991 nissan
              El terror

"Built not bought" sooner or later = "broken not running"

Comment

Originally posted by Bruizer View Post
                Hopefully they don't get offerended and slam you with anything else they can find or stalk you lol
                Agreed, just keep it with you to get out a jam, but don't be an a$$ about it. Remember, when a cop pulls you over, your attitude is reflected on the community as a whole.

Comment

Although not required I kept the RHD vehicle plate on my car, I would rather not provide the cop a reason to pull me over.

My thought is this may go as follows:
                  Cop: You need a RHD sticker
                  Me: No I dont, here is the reg for proof
                  Cop: Well then smart guy, did you know you were doing 5 over the speed limit? Well heres a ticket, slow down buddy (and stop bruising my ego)
                  Me: Crap...
                  1994 R32 GT-R V-Spec II

Originally posted by aN4rk1
                  Like frig, is it really that hard to spell properly on the "internetz"?? I don't know whether these guys just choose to spell like that or don't know HOW to spell...either way...WTF?

Comment

Yeah, I've made stickers saying 'right hand drive vehicle'. I will mount them to a nice rectangular magnet, hopefully I can find one thats strong enough, yet thin. Ill throw it on the trunk for daily driving and I can always pull it off at meets or for pics, etc.
                    Victory is on the horizon..

Comment

Lets not give these cops more power than they already have.

If you know the law..speak up!

*will be keeping a copy of the HTA in the glovebox and will not be putting a RHD sticker
                      Last edited by Murchie; 04-18-2011, 07:48 PM.

Comment

Well its for that purpose (the magnet). If an officer pulls you over and tells you you need a sticker, and you pull out a piece of paper telling them that theyre wrong, most times they wont take it too nicely, usually being followed with an "okay smart ass..." and you getting nailed for something else.

The only reason I can see that officers that know that specific law are still pulling people over for it, is in the event that you blow a turn signal bulb.
                        Victory is on the horizon..

Comment

I like the magnet idea Ryan! Keep in the glove box, so when a cop pulls you over you can just slap it on and then kindly remind him of the correct wording of the law, that way he feels in control of the situation, but yet can be corrected at the same time.

Comment

I like the magnet idea, if he asks why you don't have one just say "damn kids must of stolen it again, proceed to pull "an extra" out of glovebox and put it on car.

But yeah, you don't need it if you have turn signals.
                            BNR32- Sold
                            1998 Evolution V

Comment

Maybe we should put the following long the bottom of all the GTRC stickers:

"Yes, Skylines are RIGHT-HAND DRIVE"
                              '93 R33 Gts25T Inked Art Car - SOLD

See the Sharpie makeover, and other inked cars from around the world
                              at www.inkedartcars.com

Comment

Working...
                              X