FS Veilside 92 Widebody GTR 25000k Abbotsford BC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by timo View Post
    hey man , you gotta remember that thing has hks cams in it , it will never idle like a regular gtr .
    Also i wouldnt have anything changed with the tune on the power fc , it is a little rich but you are better off that way .I ran that car for two years , with at least 4 or 5 trackdays for the year and had no issues with tuning < so if its running good i would leave it man , i mean it is your car so you can do as you please , but its just my opinion . Im actually thinking about buying back this car.
    No, your right We didn't mess with the fc tune. And I realize those cams are huge but the car had been sitting all winter and was having alot of trouble idlng aka stalling. So we changed the oil, cleaned the mafs and air filters. I tired bringing the idle up the the commander but it wasn't working so they did it manually. Also had the fuel filter changed it was pretty clogged. Then they hooked their knock box up and had a good listen. The engine is in great shape. Lastly the brake fluid was swapped out and she was already for the track. The car ran fantastic. I through 3 weights off of the driver side front wheel on the first run so the steering wheel is wobbling bad. I have to Get those rebalanced before sale.
    So the tune is the same it's all good. And I can finally accelerate from a start without chirping the tires but if I don't keep the revs up high, because the cams are so large, it will stall. Lol
    Originally posted by Oakville
    that, is what us oakvillians like to call an 'instabone'

Comment

Originally posted by doublejceballos
      its been 2 months are you interested yet?

Unfortunately not . Things don't alwayse go as planned.

Man I just can't believe this thing is still for sale!
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by doublejceballos View Post
        No, your. We didn't mess with the fc tune. And I realize those cams are huge but the car had been sitting all winter and was having alot of trouble idlng aka stalling. So we changed the oil, cleaned the mafs and air filters. I tired bringing the idle up the the commander but it wasn't working so they did it manually. Also had the fuel filter changed it was pretty clogged. Then they hooked third knock box up and had a good listen. The engine is in great shape. Lastly the brake fluid was swapped out and she was already for the track. The cr ran fantastic. I through 3 weights off of the driver side front wheel on the first run so the steering wheel is wobbling bad. I have to Get those rebalanced before sale.
        So the tune is the same it's all good. And I can finally accelerate from a start without chirping the tires but if I don't keep the revs up high, because the cams are so large, it will stall. Lol

ahhh man, I hate to be the bearer of bad news but you just drained about $100 worth of castrol SRF out of the brake system. That stuff is pure gold man, best brake fluid you can get. It was pretty much brand new when Timo sold the car.

Comment

Originally posted by bignate View Post
          ahhh man, I hate to be the bearer of bad news but you just drained about $100 worth of castrol SRF out of the brake system. That stuff is pure gold man, best brake fluid you can get. It was pretty much brand new when Timo sold the car.
          well that sucks
          But i didnt have a choice. I had to do it for the track day

Comment

Im actually thinking about buying back this car.
            even though I have no association with this, I really got excited when I read this.

Go for it Tim, you can't go wrong. Plus with it back in Toronto again I have the possibility of seeing it in person!!
            Victory is on the horizon..

Comment

i hope you put some good brake fluid in there , i had some really expensive fluid in there , 100 bucks a bottle , was race fluid , brakes never faded on the track. and it was changed after every track day .
              Its not cause of the cams you will stall on take off , its the clutch , have to rev above 1500 to engage that clutch properly.

Originally posted by doublejceballos View Post
              No, your right We didn't mess with the fc tune. And I realize those cams are huge but the car had been sitting all winter and was having alot of trouble idlng aka stalling. So we changed the oil, cleaned the mafs and air filters. I tired bringing the idle up the the commander but it wasn't working so they did it manually. Also had the fuel filter changed it was pretty clogged. Then they hooked their knock box up and had a good listen. The engine is in great shape. Lastly the brake fluid was swapped out and she was already for the track. The car ran fantastic. I through 3 weights off of the driver side front wheel on the first run so the steering wheel is wobbling bad. I have to Get those rebalanced before sale.

Comment

Originally posted by bignate View Post

yep

Comment

Im actually thinking about buying back this car.
                  Do it Tim!!! Bring her back to Toronto man !
                  1992 NISSAN 240SX - RB20DET POWER
                  1990 NISSAN 300ZX - 2+2

Comment

Originally posted by ARC240 View Post
                    Do it Tim!!! Bring her back to Toronto man !
                    i wish i could right now , trying to buy a house , next yr if she is still around i def will

Comment

• thats a long time from now
                      modified car trader member offered me a 350z plus 750gsxr
                      Waiting for pics/location

Comment

• I hope your bring this out to skymeet this weekend?
                        Agreed. Good to have you here Ben

Comment

• Dude I cant believe thats this weekend already.
                          I had put it out of my mind
                          Ill see what I can do about bringing it to the track on Friday night
                          But saturday Ill be bringing the gtst

Comment

• status?
                            Victory is on the horizon..

Comment

• Status is: Somebody needs to buy this

Comment

• love the car man.
                                Fast isn't Fast enough

Comment

Working...
                                X