Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1991 GT-R, Calgary Area (Zele/Nismo International Car)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1991 GT-R, Calgary Area (Zele/Nismo International Car)

Well, it's a sad, sad day. I'm unfortunately selling my dream car, as I just got offered a job down in the states and it's not legal there yet, so I can't take it with me. I've seriously considered keeping it and storing it in Canada and bringing it down when it's legal but I'd rather not have it sit there, unused, for three years. These old cars don't like to sit for long periods of time.

This car is a Gunmetal Gray 1991 Skyline GT-R purchased from Zele/Nismo International in Japan by another forum member here, GTR-guy, who then imported it to Canada. I purchased the vehicle from him in June 2007 with full intentions of keeping it until I died, but as we all know sometimes opportunities in life require change and it looks like selling this car will be one of those major changes for me.

His original for sale posting is here: http://forums.gtrcanada.com/cars-sal...-car-mint.html

The car is mostly OEM but over the years it has collected a few mods, almost all of which have been done for handling or cooling, except for the Apex'i intakes and the Fujitsubo exhaust.

Current KMs are around 120,000 (last fill up record on my computer is 118,657 kms but there could be a few receipts in the center console I'm not accounting for)

Mods:
    - Apex'i Intake
    - Fujitsubo Exhaust (increased diameter from the cat back, unsure of size, huge tip)
    - Greddy Grex Oil Cooler (passenger fender version) and Filter Relocation Kit
    - ARC Titanium Cooling Panel
    - Endless/Zeal Function XS Coilovers (adjustable height, 6-way adjustable damping)
    - Front and Rear Nismo Strut Tower Bars
    - Cusco Front and Rear Sway Bars
    - AMS Motorsports Tension Rods and Rear Adjustable Upper Control Arms
    - AMS Motorsports Front Adjustable Upper Control Arms (not installed, they shipped with the wrong size bolts; you can email AMS and they will send you the proper size)
    - N1 brake rotors
    - Bridgestone Potenza RE-11 tires on stock rims
    - R34-metallic-red painted valve covers, pulley cover, and coil cover
    - HKS Turbo Timer Type-1 (p/n: 41001-AK010)
    - Nismo Shift Knob
    - Robson Leather shift boot and e-brake boot (see The Bad re: steering wheel)
    - Pioneer Premier DEH-P890BT (w/ hands free mic) stereo with iPad connector installed in glovebox.

The Good:
    - No accidents, non smoking vehicle
    - All Original Japanese Maintenance Paperwork (from Zele/Nismo International)
    - Timing Belt proof of replacement card (around 82k kms)
    - Original Glovebox Manual
    - Original Floor Mats (just another sign that it was well taken care of)
    - Regular Oil Changes, always using Synthetic since it was in Canada (Royal Purple for every change of my ownership)
    - Always stored over winter in a garage (and I believe GTR-guy kept it in heated underground parking but I'm not sure). It was always parked prior to the first snowfall of the year and I always waited until we had some good rainfall to wash the salt off the roads in the spring.
    - Glass is immaculate
    - Interior is pretty much immaculate (some wear and tear on the center console and the steering column), also see the bad below re: steering wheel (it's almost brand new but no longer has leather covering).

The Bad:
    - Car was broken into in 2008, they damaged the steering wheel trying to get the club off, as well as damaged the ignition and a few panels. Stadium Nissan fixed all the damage and replaced the steering wheel with an original OEM one. I still have the damaged Robson Leather covered one for reference, and I have a additional mediocre quality one to send to Robson to be recovered. (what other car comes with three steering wheels?!)
    - Very small oil leak is occurring whenever I park it (like two or three drops if I put down a fresh piece of cardboard). I was told it's coming from the vicinity of the turbos, however no oil is being burnt and the turbos still pull strong.
    - Downshifting into 4th is finicky. This is apparently the first sign that the 4th gear synchros are starting to go. I skip it by slowing down a little more in 5th and downshifting to 3rd. Never had issues upshifting.
    - It's picked up a few marks since I purchased it from GTR-guy, mainly: rock chips and a scuff (on the passenger side) of the front bumper, small mark on passenger front fender where a door was opened into it (may mostly buff out, haven't tried anything yet), but overall I'd say the exterior is still in great condition.

Misc Additions:
    - Nismo Toolbag (stuff in it includes touch up paint, coilover wrenches, etc.)
    - Emergency Flare Included (expired; I would not use it if I were you)
    - Fuse Tweezers (Joker kept telling me he had a hard time finding these)
    - Extra PIAA H3C Xtreme White Headlight Bulb (bought a pair, replaced one)
    - OEM Shift Knob
    - OEM Airbox
    - Bag of unused LED bulbs (some interior bulbs installed, didn't like the signal/brake lights)
    - Some Unopened Quarts of Royal Purple Oil, and at least one if not two Nismo Oil Filters
    - Original Swaybars if you want them
    - Original Coilovers if you want them
    - Original Tension Rods ... iywt
    - Original Rear Upper Control Arms … iywt
    - "Nismo" front plate (see GTR-guys pictures), I removed it as I felt it blocked airflow to the FMIC and rad.
    - Damaged Robson Leather covered steering wheel included (see The Bad)
    - Mediocre quality OEM steering wheel included to send to Robson for recovering
    - You may be able to negotiate me including my Numbers Matching Gran Turismo 5 Certificate of Authenticity (yeah...ordered a copy off Amazon.com when it launched, cert. no. matched the Skyline's VIN Code, how amazingly coincidental is that?!)
    - I'm quite sure I'm forgetting stuff, will add more when I take pictures.

Price: $13,000 obo

In my opinion that's a _steal_ for this car, but I know the prices of GTRs have dropped a lot in the last few years and I need to be competitive. This thing has been babied since it came to Canada and as far as I know was owned by an older gentleman in Japan who took excellent care of it and always had maintenance done at the dealership (source: had maintenance paperwork looked over by someone who read Japanese, was informed the owners name is an older one that is not common anymore, someone can please confirm/deny when I post pictures of paperwork)

Pictures to be posted soon, it got a little dusty in the garage this year and I'd like to get it out and wash it first.

p.s. it's killing me to post this.

Edit:

Feel free to PM me here,
    email me: djkaotica at gmail dot com
    call/text me: four-zero-three eight-zero-three two-seven-eight-zero
    Last edited by BlackAura; 05-18-2013, 04:07 PM. Reason: Contact Info
    BlackAura (Kevin)
    1995 ZX600C8 Kawasaki Ninja 600R - FOR SALE - See Marketplace
    2003 Wrangler Jeep TJ Rubicon
    1991 BNR32 Nissan Skyline GT-R - Sold

Pictures are posted. One giant imgur album.

I'll pick a few out to post in the thread at some point.

I also want to apologize...I'm such an anal retentive car owner that I took pictures of every nick and scratch on this thing but managed to forget to take a full-frame 3/4 shot of the entire car.

The sun is setting and it's too late now so I'll attempt to do that tomorrow when it's nice out again!

Pictures here, most of them have a title and/or description:
    Discover the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. Lift your spirits with funny jokes, trending memes, entertaining gifs, inspiring stories, viral videos, and so much more from users like djkaotica.

Edit: Just uploading new pictures now (couple shots of it out on the street and in the driveway, as well as pictures of all the extras).

SOLD!
    Last edited by BlackAura; 05-26-2013, 06:41 PM.
    BlackAura (Kevin)
    1995 ZX600C8 Kawasaki Ninja 600R - FOR SALE - See Marketplace
    2003 Wrangler Jeep TJ Rubicon
    1991 BNR32 Nissan Skyline GT-R - Sold

Comment

Working...
    X