RB26 Valve shims for a great price.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RB26 Valve shims for a great price.

I'm looking to make a custom shims that will suit aftermarket valvetrain. Oem nissan, Jun and Tomei Shims can be very expensive at $265 plus shipping and up a set. The problem is they are all 12mm O.D and the valve spring retainer I.D is bigger which gives you a risk of a shim splitting out from moving around. The reason why I'm making these is to avoid issues down the line and extras cost from engine builders. Having bigger cams and aftermarket buckets like tomei(4mm thick) and Supertech (3.78mm thick) can be a problem when you have a Camshaft of 30mm base circle versus 32mm which is stock. Your engine builder will still have to grind these like any other shims you buy as the thickness is 4mm. No one ever stocks new shims to begin with due to the cost and the fact there are so many sizes. Now I’m trying to find out how much will everything be with the machining and shipping within North America. The more people I have interested the cheaper it will be. I'd like to make this shim kit a max of $180 CAD shipped anywhere in Canada and the US.

I'd like to get between 5-10 people. Please PM me if you are interested.

Haha of course this gets posted after I get my valve lash set. Oh well.

Good luck!
    Heart rate 160, I'm goin 260, RB26 run me past you in a jiffy

GT-R

O O SKYLINE O O

Comment

Hard to tell from your post, are you selling sets of 24 shims sized to order
      or sets of 24 shims that are exactly 4mm thick?
      1992 GTR - 2.7L, GT2871R's, forged bottom end, big valves, 270* cams, R34 getrag
      2000 Honda Insight - 70+mpg daily driver
      2003 Sierra 2500HD Diesel - Tow vehicle

Comment

i'm going to be providing 3mm and 4mm thick shims.

Comment

Id probably be down for a set.

Comment

Pm'd...

Comment

Basically you will have two sets. intake will be 3mm and exhaust will be 4mm. so the kit will consists of 12(3mm) and 12 (4mm) shims.your machinist still had to grind down the shims regardless if its oem. its very rare for all of them to have the same clearance your lucky if its 3 thats are the same specs.

Comment

I've ordered enough material for 10 sets. just have to wait for it to come in. then send it over the the machine shop.

Comment

im interested at well, pm me with details and a time estimate.
                  “Hey, come on, its a car right? No. It’s a symbol of your history, its a thread of continuity from which you came to where you are. It’s important that you don’t want to forget who you are.” -Dr.Phil in "Love the Beast"

Comment

Is the case hardening going to be through and through? If it's not, grinding is a no-no. If it is, I think I'll be in for a set. Want another 100hp with some big-ass Kelfords, and the lumpy idle (brap...brap...brap......makes me large).

Jon.
                    Why don't you come over to MySpace and Twitter my Yahoo untill I Google all over your Facebook.

1990 GTR Drag Special T88H34D 11.24 @ 127.55mph at only 1.2bar...... officially. SOLD

Comment

It will be air cooled A1 which you can grind down to 1mm if you want to and it will still retain the same c-scale strength. If you use o1 material on 4mm shim if you grind it down to 3mm the center will be soft. For stock retainer you will require 12mm O.D shims but for aftermarket I will be making them at 12.5mm. The reason being that metal will expand with heat and none of us want a shim to get stuck in a retainer.

edit A2 material.
                      Last edited by FOOT; 10-06-2011, 11:44 AM.

Comment

12mm and 12.6mm material should be coming in today.

Comment

12.5mm shims are being made as we speak. I will taking orders now, 6 sets should be made by next friday(nov4th.

I require a min order of 7 sets of 12mm(oem size) and 7 of the 12.5mm (aftermarket retainers)Keep in mind you need to measure the inner diameter of your retainers to know if these will fit. most aftermarket retainers are about 12.80 I.D. The cost of the machining is abit more then I expected but each set will cost $200 CAD shipped anywhere in Canada or U.S.
                          Last edited by FOOT; 10-27-2011, 11:21 AM.

Comment

Do you still have sets available, if so I'd like to get one from you. Let me know, thanks

Comment

Sorry forgot to mention 12mm, you can contact me by email cory@sumarus.com

Comment

Working...
                              X