GB: Mine's Triple Flow Baffle Plates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GB: Mine's Triple Flow Baffle Plates

Ok main point here, we need 5 orders to make 10% discount on this item.

Item: Mine's RB6 Triple Flow Engine Baffle Plates
    Apl: RB26 - ALL
    Price: 22,060 JPY (EMS Postage Included / Pay Pal Fee Included)
    Exchange => http://www.bankofcanada.ca/rates/exc...ear-converter/

Mine's Product Description:
    During a sport run, oil is accumulated in an oil catch tank with blow-by gas and the amount of oil in an engine is decreased accordingly.
    This could possibly lead to serious troubles such as engine troubles due to the shortage of the amount of oil required. This problem soon becomes very apparent over time. At Mine's, from the time of the sale of the R32 series, the time attack was repeated on the circuit and we fought with time & blow-by oil.
    As a result of repeating trial and error we succeeded in decreasing the amount of spouting oil dramatically without depending on larger adjustments and reexamination of each part clearance of an engine (that leads to keep oils in an engine) , etc.

It was on Mine's R34 GT-R that details were refined even further.
    By making slight adjustments to this product it has enabled us install it to normal cam cover. Of course every type of R32s, R33s, and R34s can have this part installed. The implementation was complete.
    List name below or PM for payment request.

Image of product:

Last edited by support@feastauto; 10-18-2011, 10:34 AM.

Vehicle Sourcing - You Tube Videos - Facebook Group
    For Parts Inquiries, Please Post Here

Are those my pretties?

Comment

cool idea but i dont know how useful/practical they are. never seen/heard of anybody running them and their motors survive trackdays...
      1991 Nissan Skyline R32 GT-R: 710whp 521 ft/lbs 27.5psi 11.8 @126mph low boost

Comment

Originally posted by gtrjon View Post
        cool idea but i dont know how useful/practical they are. never seen/heard of anybody running them and their motors survive trackdays...
        These baffles increase the effectiveness of the factory PCV system by reducing blow-by. And should also mention they also help increase top end ring seal.

If you are doing a number of track days its a wise upgrade. Mine's have long been involved with RB26's engines. From the start of the Group A. era to present time. Much like Reinik, they wouldn't offer rubbish parts that do no good for the end user.

Comment

Count me in for them. This month's High Performance Imports actually discusses and tests how effective and important the baffles are. The stock GTR covers have a baffle plate in them with steel wool, which is less effective. Most people leave out the baffles altogether or at least the wool when putting them on and off. THis causes excessive sharting of oil through the covers.

J
          1995 R33 GTR Vspec - Sold
          2004 Dodge SRT-4 Stage 3R - Sold
          2013 Subaru WRX STI - Where is the power? - Daily

Comment

Yeah, I am getting a fair amount of blowby, I'll see how much these help.

Comment

ever thought of buying/building a proper catch can? they are sure a hell of alot cheaper then 300 bucks for baffle plates...

Comment

Yes, I am fabbing up a catch can too (might end up being redundant), but I would rather stop the blowby at the source.

Comment

I have one of these... Haven't noticed a huge difference, not for the nearly $350 shipped it cost me. $100 catch can was win.
                  Black 1991 GTR. Serious garage stand mantle/parts car.
                  Black 1990 Pulsar GTiR. Sold
                  Silver 1989 GTR. Sold
                  Black 2010 Subaru WRX. Weekend warrior. Sold.
                  Black 2013 F-150 FX4 ecoboost. Daily driver.
                  White 2012 Ford Explorer Limited. Family wagon.

Sorry for my offensive comments, I r socially retard.

start by having A ROLLING GTR then we talk u ******* mofo funzy little *****
                  lol

Comment

Guys please don't clutter the thread. Doing this sale for next to nothing and so far all I'm seeing is A) buy a Chinese catch can and B) this isnt useful

Comment

not trying to be offensive but i doubt your going to sell many. most people dont even know what they are and your description doesnt really give much info. maybe if you could clarify why these are useful or why people should pay 300+ dollars for a baffle when it serves the same function as a catch can for 10 times the price (if you make your own catch can.) quite frankly this is the first time i have ever heard of these. i was sourcing parts for my build for 10 months and these never once crossed my path. now that they have im trying to see why people would run them or if they are worth the money

Comment

I think people are missing the point of the baffles here so I will try to explain. When your motor is blowing too much oil up into the head and there are inadequate baffles then it fills your catch can. This does nothing to help lubricate your motor. When your motors has better baffles in the covers it traps the oil so that it has to drain down into the sump. This helps lubricate your motor and prevent starvation. This is good insurance for someone that doesn't want to remove the head to install an oil restrictor.
                        1995 R33 GTR Vspec - Sold
                        2004 Dodge SRT-4 Stage 3R - Sold
                        2013 Subaru WRX STI - Where is the power? - Daily

Comment

Originally posted by Phastwon View Post
                          I think people are missing the point of the baffles here so I will try to explain. When your motor is blowing too much oil up into the head and there are inadequate baffles then it fills your catch can. This does nothing to help lubricate your motor. When your motors has better baffles in the covers it traps the oil so that it has to drain down into the sump. This helps lubricate your motor and prevent starvation. This is good insurance for someone that doesn't want to remove the head to install an oil restrictor.
                          What?

So you're saying, something like the Tomei oil restrictor is as good?

Comment

Hmm not too sure how these work either lol!

Edit: GTRJon - these baffles are proactive; a catch can is reactive. The oil is kept in the engine and lubricating the head in an optimal fashion instead of being simply accumulated in a can.
                            Last edited by MarusGTR; 05-01-2012, 09:31 AM.
                            1992 BNR32 SKYLINE GTR

Comment

I would say that it helps keep that small bit of oil from being moving around Provides a better flow to the drain back ports. All of this would help prevent cavitation in the oil
                              95 R33 Gtr

RICE - Race Inspired Cosmetic Enhancement

Comment

Working...
                              X