No announcement yet.

Gb-Stoptech brake kits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm sorry but looks just wont cut it for me, I'm looking for true function. I want to see a big difference from stock. Ifthese aren't really good on pricing I will grab a nice set of greddy front brakes or endless fronts
    Miss driving sooooo bad! Need to get a car on the road ASAP!

Comment

Wow. first off, Nismo stune don't you run rotora

Comment

First off, nismo, don't you run rotora, these are much higher quality than anything made in taiwan (k sport,xyz, rotora) btw, greddy brakes are made by rotora. They used to be alcons but switched years back. I use to have them but didn't like them.

As for comparing to ap. These will offer similar performance to the ap kit. The ap r32 kits use a cheaper cp5200 caliper. The stoptech uses a 4 piston caliper that is much stiffer than the ap.

Project mu and endless are good but way over priced. I was trying to get performance friction to build me the ultimate kit (375 and 355 rotors) and it all came in cheaper than those options and would have been way better. You can run v8 supercar alcons for less.

I've explored all the options. Custom brake kits, high end stuff, r35 kit. I used to have greddy/rotora and then the brembo kit c-unit was selling. Stoptechs have awesome performance and replacement parts are cheaper. Pad selection is awesome. You can find any pad you want! Good luck finding pads for rotora or project mu.

You can even go with the trophy kits like I'm going with if you really want the most performance.

Turner motorsports have been using these on all there bmws for years with many championships.

The xs engineering r32 (850 whp) time attacker ran the standard stoptech kit with pfc pf01 pads and they loved them. No fade at all.

I will get pricing hopefully tomorrow.
        Last edited by Super_Dude; 01-20-2012, 05:26 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Super_Dude View Post
          First off, nismo, don't you run rotora, these are much higher quality than anything made in taiwan (k sport,xyz, rotora) btw, greddy brakes are made by rotora. They used to be alcons but switched years back. I use to have them but didn't like them.

As for comparing to ap. These will offer similar performance to the ap kit. The ap r32 kits use a cheaper cp5200 caliper. The stoptech uses a 4 piston caliper that is much stiffer than the ap.

Project mu and endless are good but way over priced. I was trying to get performance friction to build me the ultimate kit (375 and 355 rotors) and it all came in cheaper than those options and would have been way better. You can run v8 supercar alcons for less.

I've explored all the options. Custom brake kits, high end stuff, r35 kit. I used to have greddy/rotora and then that cheap piece of **** "brembo" kit c-unit was selling. Stoptechs have awesome performance and replacement parts are cheaper. Pad selection is awesome. You can find any pad you want! Good luck finding pads for rotora or project mu.

You can even go with the trophy kits like I'm going with if you really want the most performance.

Turner motorsports have been using these on all there bmws for years with many championships.

The xs engineering r32 (850 whp) time attacker ran the standard stoptech kit with pfc pf01 pads and they loved them. No fade at all.

I will get pricing hopefully tomorrow.

you know your stuff. r32 gtr interested as well...

Comment

Wasn't trying to start an issue here, just an opinion.

Rotora is cheap yes, they're US made, not Taiwan. Cost me a $4500 cause I got a good deal. We're not talking about Rotora though, I just got a good price on brakes that look nice so I bought them, not because they're good, though they're as good as OEM).

I would bet one of my houses that Stoptech is better than Rotora so you'll be better than me with them. I'm just cheap. Same reason 90% of my parts are ebay/taiwan knockers and is why I could only 300whp at 1 bar with -5s. I'm a poser with my cheap parts but I'm learning my lesson now that I'm rebuilding again after a few weeks of driving. Anyway, cheaper is fine when it's a show/street car. I don't compete at tracks, just show off looks and drive fast when going for wings with the other car guys who don't own super track cars. Heck my Rota's weigh less than RPF1s/TE37... haha

Rotora Replacement pads and rotors are $1000 and easy to source.

Again, I didn't knock Stoptech, just said they're expensive but not as good as the MORE expensive ones which could be tiny differences if any.
            Last edited by NismoS-tune; 01-20-2012, 01:17 AM.
            Black 1991 GTR. Serious garage stand mantle/parts car.
            Black 1990 Pulsar GTiR. Sold
            Silver 1989 GTR. Sold
            Black 2010 Subaru WRX. Weekend warrior. Sold.
            Black 2013 F-150 FX4 ecoboost. Daily driver.
            White 2012 Ford Explorer Limited. Family wagon.

Sorry for my offensive comments, I r socially retard.

start by having A ROLLING GTR then we talk u ******* mofo funzy little *****
            lol

Comment

Thanks for calling my brakes piece of shxt.
              Biggest selection of Skyline CarbonFiber & FRP Aero in Canada. PM me.

Comment

were these the ones?
                Black 1991 GTR. Serious garage stand mantle/parts car.
                Black 1990 Pulsar GTiR. Sold
                Silver 1989 GTR. Sold
                Black 2010 Subaru WRX. Weekend warrior. Sold.
                Black 2013 F-150 FX4 ecoboost. Daily driver.
                White 2012 Ford Explorer Limited. Family wagon.

Sorry for my offensive comments, I r socially retard.

start by having A ROLLING GTR then we talk u ******* mofo funzy little *****
                lol

Comment

slightly better. Mine comes with pistons.
                  Last edited by C-unit; 01-20-2012, 03:00 AM.
                  Biggest selection of Skyline CarbonFiber & FRP Aero in Canada. PM me.

Comment

2000 a pair? What size rotor's? This is fairly cheap since I went with Evo 8 calipers on my car and after all the screwing around with setting them up I't probably ran me 900 anyhow...

Comment

I have pricing for the kits and i'm just waiting on freight prices so I can get a total.

Thanks

Comment

Alright, got pricing

Prices already in Canadian dollars! and include freight to canada, brokerage, and gst. Keep that in mind when comparing prices. I will still need to ship across Canada and I can deliver within Alberta for cheap.

1-5 kits

332mm front-2362.59
                        355mm front-2705.17
                        328mm rear -2381.74
                        Trophy front -3658.87
                        Trophy rear -3563.39

5+ kits
                        332mm front-2091.10
                        355mm front-2499.44
                        328mm rear -2174.52
                        Trophy front -3241.13
                        Trophy rear -2975.21

Trophy kits take 5-6 weeks, regular kits are 2-3 weeks. Then shipping is 5-8 days.

Colors for regular kits are red black and silver. 300 extra if you want blue or yellow.

Drilled rotors add 150
                        Slotted/zinc coated 120
                        Drilled/coated add 230

All kits come with slotted.

I'm already in for 2 kits so all we need is 3 more to get the awesome pricing.

Let me know who is still interested.
                        Last edited by Super_Dude; 01-21-2012, 08:51 PM.

Comment

Bump...

Any comments at least? I thought the pricing was pretty good. Is it not what you guys were expecting?

Let me know.

Comment

im down for any 2000 suzuki swift parts.
                            Real Skyline owners have lost at least one to a freakish accident (*- ω -) = #dungive'a

Comment

I can also get pricing for ksport. They are a lot cheaper but might be within more peoples budgets.

Comment

Originally posted by Super_Dude View Post
                                I can also get pricing for ksport. They are a lot cheaper but might be within more peoples budgets.
                                Whats your price on replacement rotors for the Ksport kit?

Comment

Working...
                                X