• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1997 Subaru Legacy Outback

1997 subaru legacy outback (wagon)
    244xxx
    auto
    AWD
    $2000 or best offer, trades for equal value or lesser w/cash welcome .
    no low ballers please

The good :
    Factory/dealer maintained since new
    Motor had a complete over haul about 30,000ish kms ago (head gasket, all seals)
    New Alternator
    water pump
    oil pressure switch
    the list goes on.
    I have all the records to back up everything.
    Black leather and wood trim
    Not so common blue and silver 2 tone paint( few scratches nothing major)
    all power options
    tinted windows
    factory roof rack (kayak and bike holder attached to roof rack not included)
    around $7000 in receipts over the last 3 yrs
    very well taken care of
    lots more to much to list
    the bad:
    front and rear bumpers have a couple of deep scratches and dings from previous owners but its nothing to bad.
    1 rust spot on the drivers side rear 1/4 panel where it meets with the wheel well, this is a common issue that happens with Subaru. easy fix and will do for the right person.

other then that everything works perfectly fine great car, starts every time with out fail, and as a bonus for insurance its one of the safest rated cars which means insurance rates are lower.

for more details feel free to ask

The cars worth what its worth, dont like the price don't comment. every other Subaru legacy outback or any Subaru in this age range for sale, has motor issues lots of rust or is for parts.

Just to hold you guys off.

Life is fun when sideways.

Aww man! You couldn't wait another 2-3months to list this? J/K

I got a motorcycle over the winter and I'm thinking I might sell my GT-Four and get something more practical/reliable/cheap as two toys are little unnecessary for me, but I wanted to wait until late spring so I know for sure that the bike is right for me :P

If you still have it when/if I'm ready I will keep you in mind, it looks really clean for a north american Legacy, and the fresh engine means I wouldn't have to worry about the notorious EJ25 piston slap for a while.

I would normally say GLWS, but because I want it... BLWS

Comment

Wow! This is exactly what I want in a winter beater, and for a great price too! Why can't you be in Alberta?!

I actually drove 6.5 hours to pick up a 1996 Legacy wagon a few weekends ago with a rebuilt motor (built by the seller in his garage) for $3200. I was really impressed with the car during the test drive, and I owned it for about 10 minutes before the motor blew on the highway. That was awesome. Not really.

Comment

Well im planning on moving to BC in the next 2 months or so .... originally, i purchased for my wife and kids for a DD but was a little much for her(you know how it is women and long cars LOL). Im currently going for my AZ and its a 9 week course in which time i wont really have alot of time so im not in a rush. feel free to view if you would like in the mean time. as im only about 15 mins from NOTL. As for Alberta guy, this car was very very well kept by the previous owner at Subaru, everything motor wise was basically replaced through them, so its not some back yard mechanic job.

Cheers.

Comment

Actually the daughter of one of the mechanics at my shop just shmucked up her Corolla yesterday. I showed him this thread, but he's gotta sort out the insurance stuff first. I'll point him your way if he's interested :P

Comment

OK cool thanks.

Comment

Decided to keep the car for myself and drive it out west. how ever im still willing to entertain offers/trades as i would like to get my hands on lite SUV V6 4 banger something that can have seating for 3 kids and 2 adults, 4doors preferred but not limited to. in and around the 180-240xxxKM range reliable i have to drive 4300kms over 2 days from St.Catharines On to Kamloops BC in May.

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
              X