Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1999 BMW 740i Sport sedan black-on-black w/ 20" wheels, Alpine system SOLD!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1999 BMW 740i Sport sedan black-on-black w/ 20" wheels, Alpine system SOLD!

I'm moving to Florida and decided not to bring my pair of Can-Spec 7-series with me. Both are black-on-black, both are Sport trim and both are outstanding driving cars for the price.

1999 BMW 740i Sport

• 206,300 Km
    • Rare Sport Package
    • Black Cosmo Schwarz paint
    • Black leather Sport interior
    • Black Shadowline Trim (Sport option)
    • Tint all around
    • 4.4L V8 Double VANOS engine
    • 5-speed Sport Steptronic transmission manual stick shift
    • Sport rear differential 3.10 for instant response
    • Sport 18-way adjustable power seats
    • Heated Seats and Steering wheel
    • One-turn starter
    • Vavona wood trim (rare Sport option)
    • Alpine 1000W system with 3 x Type R 10-inch subs
    • Alpine LCD screen system w/ Navigation and XM modules
    • 6 CD changer
    • Onboard BMW computer
    • Cruise control
    • Aux audio input with USB charging connector
    • 12V w/ 120V plug inverter
    • Door handle puddle lighting
    • Power moonroof
    • Rear armrest with storage
    • LED Taillights
    • LED clear sidemarkers
    • Clear corner markers
    • Xenon active headlight system 4200K HID
    • Sport Suspension (lower springs)
    • DSC traction control (can turn-off)
    • Stainless dual exhaust
    • K&N filter
    • EBC brakes, yellow pads with slotted rotors and stainless lines
    • Motul RBF600 brake fluid
    • 20-inch Axis forged wheels custom offsets with 255mm / 285mm tires
    • 16-inch OEM BMW winter wheels with Michelin Alpin snow tires
    • Black and silver carbon fiber BMW badges
    • Black kidney grilles

Car is clean, solid and drives smooth for it’s age. It is very powerful with 282hp and 325 lb-ft of torque making it just as fast as a 335i or 750Li. I bought the car from the second owner and it had been meticulously maintained by Grand Touring of London from new. I have maintained the vehicle perfectly and every single item that affects E38 7-series has been addressed including: new cooling system, new ECU, new ABS computer, waterpump, 150Amp Bosch alternator, PCV valve, many new suspension parts, steering box & servo meaning this car will be reliable well for a very long time now.

This stunning luxury sedan turns heads. It cost $104,000 CAD out the door from premier dealer Grand Touring and is a rare and desirable Sport package in the right colors buyers want. People stop and stare when they see this car and compliment it wherever it goes considering its unique presence. Honestly, this car is more connected and feels more like a true BMW than any of the newer models and the driving experience is memorable, I will miss this car since I have owned it for over 9 years.

Cosmetically the car is decent. No accidents on report but there has been some paint touch ups and a bit of bubbling on the lower of the doors. This is common on the E38 chassis but easily addressed. The carpets, seats and interior are in very nice shape. A bit of wear on side bolsters of both fronts and steering wheel but can be treated and look like a much newer interior. Everything works, except for the AC it stopped last year and since I bought a newer 7-series didn’t look into it since I was driving this in the winter. This 740i Sport has never let me down or stranded on the side of the road and have relied on it to make many 1000km+ road trips. BMW simply does not make them like this anymore. I have driven hundreds of cars but usually preferred getting back into this.

Provoke the gas pedal and this sport sedan flies outrunning most sports cars from the lights or on the highway. You might think 282 horsepower isn’t enough but it’s very fast especially with 325lb-ft of torque under the hood. Stomp on the throttle and from a stop, it will reach 60 mph in approx. 6-seconds on the way to 250km/h limited speed, they will go faster when chipped. It is also faster acceleration than regular 740’s as the Sport model has the lower 3.10 rear differential, so it rockets off the line and out of corners.

Throw the 740i Sport into a corner and you’ll forget your driving a big sport sedan, it carves corners extremely well with a sophisticated handling not found with Mercedes S-Class or Audi A8. The 740i Sport has a dual personality as it goes back to being quiet, smooth and compliant during your regular commute. At this price-point you will not find anything more luxurious, reliable and powerful and it is decent on gas dipping to 9.5L/100km at highway speeds. You can fill it will it with regular gas too.

Everything is included in the price. Including many spares, OEM equipment and the Michelin Alpin winter tire package.

The car is sold as is, passes etest no problems every time.

Asking: $4,950

$1000 price drop!

$4,950

Comment

Passed etest no worries and needed 1 bulb to certify!! Sold!!!

Comment

Working...
      X