best mods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• best mods

Hey guys iv got a 91 gtr and iv been looking into the 2.8 stroker kits and was just wondering is there really that much difference between brands or is it just the price thats different .

I was also wondering if anyone new of some good mods to do with the 2.8, as of right now the car is mostly stock other than exhaust and intake thanks . Im wanting to make a nice 500 + car for under 10000 if capable .

wronnnnng section

sigpic

[links to all chapters in first post]

Comment

It is very possible to obtain 500+ whp on less then $10,000 but you should forget about the striker set up on a 10k budget. For your hp target you will not need a stroker.
      "LAG is the time the guy beside you thought he won"

Comment

A reliable built motor will run you roughly 9500 without a stroker kit. That's the whole 9 yards thou oil pump and everything. I one of my buddies did one and that wat the bill came out to. Minf you he is pushing 600awhp.
        1970 Ford Mustang Fastback -> Fully Restored with Built 351W Motor
        1993 Audi S4 -> 2.2L Turbo at 22psi with a few extra go goodies
        1992 Nissan Skyline GTR -> RB31.5/26 Being Built Now
        1994 Audi S4 -> Fully Restored and Tastefully Modded, 2.2L Turbo with Hybrid Turbo GT3071/K26 at 25psi

Comment

^ Thas pretty much how much i was in for originally after my rebuild but then you look at all the other rest of the parts and think...mine as well get those changed while everythings out to save on 1-2 g's of labour and before you know it you'll be hitting 14-15. Endless.

Comment

Originally posted by evilgtr View Post
            For your hp target you will not need a stroker.
            You never "need" a stroker for a certian hp target. Stroker is for max torque and max response. HP doesn't really go up if your not octane limited. A stroker will make more HP on pump gas because you will run less boost and the octane requirements are lower with larger engines.

a 2.8 will cost over 10k just for the engine. Not a very budget oriented mod.

Comment

okay thanks for the info on the stroker kits . i have been asking around and i think im just going a rebuild to 86.5 mm with some cp pistons and eagle rods. Any good shops around edmonton i just moved to alberta so im not to sure, also what are some good mods that still keep the car reliable like i said 500 maybe 600 hp would be nice to have

Comment

what shop did he take it too.

Comment

Working...
                X