Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ottawa R32 GTR part out, NEW PARTS STILL IN BOX

Taken off the market for now.
    Last edited by RGB; 04-29-2014, 04:02 PM.

Sad to hear... But I should be doing the same... Fun car but there's faster for less stress, I agree.
    Black 1991 GTR. Serious garage stand mantle/parts car.
    Black 1990 Pulsar GTiR. Sold
    Silver 1989 GTR. Sold
    Black 2010 Subaru WRX. Weekend warrior. Sold.
    Black 2013 F-150 FX4 ecoboost. Daily driver.
    White 2012 Ford Explorer Limited. Family wagon.

Sorry for my offensive comments, I r socially retard.

start by having A ROLLING GTR then we talk u ******* mofo funzy little *****
    lol

Comment

you guys need to "drive" the cars to appreciate them. sadly most of the Skylines in Canada sit in garages and become long term project cars that rarely see the road.
      1992 Nissan Skyline GTS-T

Comment

I have driven t but then I drop a newer mustang hand had way more fun with better mileage, power and warranty
        Silver 1989 GTR. Sold

lol

Comment

I'm a software engineer. I'm reasonably handy, and when something breaks on my car I fix it myself. Being faced with an engine swap, without a workshop and limited tools has forced me to go down this path. When I was living in Aus my DD was an R34 GTT. Trust me I love these cars. It's my dream car. I just would rather have one that was already working and I could do small incremental changes and stay on top of maintenance. Right now, with the amount of work required, I feel like I'm standing at a brick wall wondering how I'm going to get around it.

Comment

Sad to hear... but a Mustang?!?

Comment

this cars all really not that hard to work bro and if u not sure of something internets man dont give up man if u do hopefully u dont regret it man..

Comment

lol x10

Comment

Originally posted by hp44incgtr View Post

lol x10
                  It's funny till you drive one (whether its a gt500, boss 302 or cobra). You wouldn't understand since you haven't. Maybe it's partly my aging mind telling I need a left hand drive car soon? Haha I dunno. Maybe if I did a LHD conversion I'd keep it but that's like 10k. The gtr in insurance costs more than my house, 2013 truck and 2012 SUV together because its rhd
                  Silver 1989 GTR. Sold

lol

Comment

I have experienced a 2011 tuned GT500. It feels like a really fast truck. For street and straight line performance it's a whoot. I hosestly think for the money the Boss 302 is tough to beat. The best all around car for any situation I feel is the E92 M3. Just an opinion for sake of conversation.
                    I completely understand (for the reasons you mentioned) why you would jump ship. It's nice to be able to just walk into the garage, turn a key and drive. I've managed to accomplish this with my GTR but its taken lots of time, resources, and of course money.
                    I take great pride in what I've accomplished and I can't buy that off of a showroom floor.

BTW. The friend with the GT500 sold it and bought a '12 Nismo 370Z. Just sayin'.
                    Last edited by bobbo; 09-18-2013, 11:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bobbo View Post
                      I have experienced a 2011 tuned GT500. It feels like a really fast truck. For street and straight line performance it's a whoot. I hosestly think for the money the Boss 302 is tough to beat. The best all around car for any situation I feel is the E92 M3. Just an opinion for sake of conversation.
                      I completely understand (for the reasons you mentioned) why you would jump ship. It's nice to be able to just walk into the garage, turn a key and drive. I've managed to accomplish this with my GTR but its taken lots of time, resources, and of course money.
                      I take great pride in what I've accomplished and I can't buy that off of a showroom floor.

BTW. The friend with the GT500 sold it and bought a '12 Nismo 370Z. Just sayin'.
                      A constructive post!

I haven't driven the new Mustangs, but I've heard Ford's done some pretty good stuff on the engineering side. A reliable Skyline GTR is a joy to own, but to me it's really not an all arounder. In fact it hardly does anything really well, but the one thing it does makes me smile so much I can't imagine selling it.
                      sigpic
                      The Beaumont Connection

Comment

nice move on bringing +30K cars into the discussion. lol A "working" nice Skyline can be had for less than $15K, that's half the price of a V6 Mustang, I believe. Of course the newer cars have evolved, and they "feel" way nicer than our 20 year old cars, but they do lack the character, and that mechanical feeling the older cars have.
                        Not to mention our cars are cheap and quick to modify, good luck getting extra 50bhp out of an E92 M3 without spending 10K.
                        I would personally get a GTI as daily and keep an Skyline on the side. M3 would be nice too, have driven them all...
                        1992 Nissan Skyline GTS-T

Comment

Worst for sale thread ever.

Comment

Originally posted by GTR-Dad View Post
                            A reliable Skyline GTR is a joy to own, but to me it's really not an all arounder. In fact it hardly does anything really well, but the one thing it does makes me smile so much I can't imagine selling it.
                            See that is the exact opposite of what I feel a GTR can be. I believe that it's the ultimate all arounder. I can't think of another car in the last 25 years that can run down "supercars" on a road course, top out at 300km/h as fast as a "Litre Bike" and stomp the yard at the drag strip against dedicated "race cars" all with the same tires and nothing more than an adjustment of the shock dampening.

And yes, this is a pretty bad for sale thread............. and, no, I'm not helping......lol.

Jon.
                            Last edited by Dragon Humper; 09-20-2013, 12:36 AM.
                            Why don't you come over to MySpace and Twitter my Yahoo untill I Google all over your Facebook.

1990 GTR Drag Special T88H34D 11.24 @ 127.55mph at only 1.2bar...... officially. SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by Dragon Humper View Post
                              See that is the exact opposite of what I feel a GTR can be. I believe that it's the ultimate all arounder. I can't think of another car in the last 25 years that can run down "supercars" on a road course, top out at 300km/h as fast as a "Litre Bike" and stomp the yard at the drag strip against dedicated "race cars" all with the same tires and nothing more than an adjustment of the shock dampening.

And yes, this is a pretty bad for sale thread............. and, no, I'm not helping......lol.

Jon.
                              Strongly supported.

Sorry for hijacking Dan but its just an interesting topic. I believe there are so many different opinions on these cars because people build them differently. Maybe you took time to read my threads regarding long drives to tracks and GTR reliability. I believe my experiences prove that these cars are/can be an incredible all arounder.
                              ... Bump
                              Last edited by bobbo; 09-20-2013, 01:17 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X