Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Feeler: R33 RB26, low km and high compression!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feeler: R33 RB26, low km and high compression!

This is merely a feeler everyone, just seeing if there is interest. I bought this motor from DJ in Ottawa a while back for my old GT-R, but I made the jump to university after college and sold my car. I had intended on building this but my desires currently have me wanting to just import a new stock car.

Motor is from a 1997 GT-R, approx. 60k kms, made 160-170psi in all 6 before being pulled. DJ pulled the head off the motor with the hopes of building it, but like me decided to go to school and abandoned the high-HP build. This motor originally belonged to GTRCanada founder, JZ (from what I remember about our convo in Markham last year John!). It is also equipped with brand new N1 oil and water pumps.

With that said, the head has been removed, so have the valve covers. I bought it as a long block and had most of the external bolt-ons already from another motor. I have $1700 into it and am merely looking to recoup my money. If I can't sell it, I'll simply keep it and build it as originally planned.

This is a great way for people to snag a long block (or mostly-complete motor if they want my other parts) and build it up on the side, PLUS its a '97 meaning it has the revised crank collar. Thanks for the interest, PM is the best way to reach me.
    Last edited by Oakville; 01-04-2014, 03:10 AM.
    Victory is on the horizon..

Any interest in separating? Im interested in the bottom end

R32.4 GTR

Comment

And I would consider buying the head depending on its condition

Comment

Sent you a PM

Comment

So your looking for $1700? Very tempting
          “Hey, come on, its a car right? No. It’s a symbol of your history, its a thread of continuity from which you came to where you are. It’s important that you don’t want to forget who you are.” -Dr.Phil in "Love the Beast"

Comment

I should have mentioned I have a second head as well....missing valve covers though. I will respond to all PMs once I finish work.

If I can guarantee that both the head and block are sold, I'll sell them separately. I'd need to make asking price still!

Comment

It's tempting to get both, since I have an engine with pretty bad compression numbers right now to fix instead.

Comment

Wow thanks for all the interest guys, never thought it would be this popular. I've had about 15 PMs on gtrc and Facebook about it, and responded to them all. For those waiting for photos, my little sister is moving to Scotland tuesday morning so we've been pretty busy; once I have a second I will take photos for those who want them.

Comment

Pm me ur number

Comment

Did anyone get any responses recently about this? I know he was busy, but I haven't had a response in a while and he's been online a couple of times.

Cheers.

Comment

Pm about the heads please. I would like to buy a complete head if can

Comment

Working...
                      X