Mine's GTR cluster on ebay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mine's GTR cluster on ebay

Looks like a good price for you GTR guys......

Mines 320k....

I usually see these upwards of $300

Rick
    '89 GTST - SOLD
    '92 GTR
    '94 Mitsubishi Pajero 2.8TD LWB
    '12 Mazda3 Sport Skyactiv

Damn you Nate!!! you got it for such a good price!
    1992 BNR32 Skyline GT-R

Originally posted by bignate
    If you are too lazy to search the site for info you are certainly too lazy maintain a 15+yr old JDM car.
    Ass, grass or cash Nobody Rides for free!!

Comment

Originally posted by SkyLizzle View Post
      Damn you Nate!!! you got it for such a good price!
      It might not have worked on your car.
      Speedo's cant be interchanged from gtr's before 08/91 and after.

Does that make sense?

I nearly bought it until I remembered mine is an 89 :hit_head:
      1989 BNR32 / R34 N1 RB26 / Autronic ECU / HKS GT2540's / Ohlins Suspension

Comment

dammit mine is a 90. I will have to see if I can make it work when it arrives. Worst case she resells.

Comment

If it doesn't work you should make at least twice your money back....

BTW why wouldn't it work? Just curious.....

In GTS's it works if you replace the whole cluster and not just change the speedo's....

Rick
          '89 GTST - SOLD
          '92 GTR

Comment

Originally posted by RixR32 View Post
            If it doesn't work you should make at least twice your money back....

BTW why wouldn't it work? Just curious.....

In GTS's it works if you replace the whole cluster and not just change the speedo's....

Rick
            Well yea thats what i figured. I think I will be able to make it work though.

Comment

Nate,

I call Dibs if it wont work in your car i am a 91 soo "Crossing fingers"
              1992 BNR32 Skyline GT-R

Originally posted by bignate
              If you are too lazy to search the site for info you are certainly too lazy maintain a 15+yr old JDM car.
              Ass, grass or cash Nobody Rides for free!!

Comment

Nate did you receive this yet? I've been kind of experimenting with them and if it doesn't work I'm pretty sure I've figured out how to do it. The info I was given was false as to it working if you swap the whole cluster. My tach didn't work, the temp gauge acted funny, no low oil pressure light, and Hicas went nuts.

Here is what I've found out...

1. The cluster housings are not interchangeable if the circuit boards on the back look different,(Newer one is more blueish color).
                Your car needs to use the original cluster HOUSING and therefore circuit board it was designed with.

2. If the above is true you have to put the Mine's speedo into your cluster, and put a small piece off of your OEM speedo onto it.
                You'll see the part I mean when you have the speedo's out side by side (it looks like a little black plug, remove it from your OEM and put it onto the Mines, then install the Mine's into YOUR cluster)

3. Also, if your OEM gauges are the blue faces then you'll have to swap the other gauges into your cluster also, so they match (obviously) I had to do this also

Compare yours and let me know, I should be able to help you get it working if it is the different one. Maybe take some pics of the backs so I know what one you got, and PM me if you want.
                I'll also post a DIY on this if this works out like mine did.

Hopefully though you got one that is directly compatible!

Rick

***EDIT - took a pic and added it below. The top cluster is the '92, the bottom is my '89. The top one will not work if your OEM is like the bottom one.

Note the main differences around the speedos,(attaching screws, plug on bottom left of speedo) this is what you account for when you change the piece I mentioned above.

Sorry for the long post, but hope it helps. Don't need anyone else removing their cluster about 4-5 times like I did to figure this out!
                '89 GTST - SOLD
                '92 GTR

Comment

The mines cluster came the other day. Just snapped a pic of it and looks like the ebay ad was wrong and its a pre 92 cluster. Lucky me!

dont know whether I want to just drop this cluster in or swap the speedo into mine since i know everything works perfectly. thanks a lot for the post Rick. It would be useful in the FAQ section as I'm sure other people have wondered.

Comment

God damn am I jealous, a Mine's 320 speedo for 50 bucks plus shipping!
                    1990 Skyline GT-R - Jet Silver Metallic
                    It'll run someday

Comment

right place at the right time. Thanks for posting it up Rick!

Comment

No prob! I had to for a price like that!
                        '89 GTST - SOLD
                        '92 GTR

Comment

Working...
                        X