Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3 GTRs at a dealer in Scarborough

Hello GTRC,

First post, and I am hoping to contribute, I dont have my own GTR YET but one will hopefully be mine within a calander year (thats my goal). I am looking for a R32 GTR and I am aiming for as close to stock as possible and in as good of condition as possible. I was browsing through the auto trader and found 3 Gunmetal '92 R32 GTRs at one dealership. All three have low miles (under 60,000km) and cost $12.5k-$17k

I have the links but cannot post them since I am new, however go to the trader and search skyline and they are the first 3, 2 of them have lots of photos.

I havent yet been by the dealership as its not exactly down the street for me to get there. I was wondering if any of you guys have bought from this dealership "Gold Wing Motors inc."

I am very skeptical due to the incredibly low mileage for the cost which leads me to believe that the odometers might be rolled back but who knows, also the 1st one looks like it has been hit on the skirt in the front left side causeing the signal to pop out.

Also is there a post that has some extra information when it comes to when looking for a car, i read the 'buyer beware' post and it was a bit informative but i am trying to figure out what things to look for when i am looking at the car (places of common damage/wear, rust, other issues etc.)

Please help GTRC.

The owner of that dealership tried to sell that first car here. When he was told he cannot sell commerical cars without supporting the club, he walked. Thats all I can say about that.

If you are looking for nice Skylines in the GTA, I'd check out Mitch at Onijdm.com. He's a longtime supporter of the community and there are a lot of satisfied customers here.

"Life's too short to drive boring cars!"

Comment

Thanks JZ! Please feel free to contact me to discuss... mitch@onijdm.com

Thanks! Mitch

- Toronto, Canada
      Parts. Cars. Service.
      GTR
      MKIV

Comment

Thanks for the information about the dealer. Do you recall how long ago it was when he came to the site, they were only posted on autotrader recently.

Thanks, for the tip about Mitch, and Mitch I will be getting in contact with you, my GTR project is only in its early conception but i know what i want, still just scouting. I could probably give you a beter idea of what I might be looking for that way if you come accross one that meets that criteria I might be able to slowly start to bring this project to life.

Thanks for the quick info. If I go to look at the cars I will put an update regarding the cars of at least what condition they look in (at least from a newbies perspective).

Comment

sent u pm
          My collection:

Zenitani GTR aka BARNEY (sold)
          AE2000 (Team Toyo Street)
          Gruppe M NSX (bros car- Team Toyo Street)
          E46 M3- DD w/ HRE 841rs

Comment

somehow the mileage seems to be a little low ON ALL 3CAR'S. makes me Suspicious
            Originally posted by imola_skyline
            **newbie question**

I know this is off topic but i was wondering,,whats the diff between hcr32 and bnr32? and what do they mean?
            :hit_head:

Comment

can someone post a picture of a stock cluster for a '92 GTR. two of the cars he has he has extensive pictures including the cluster, and if these cars have a different cluster then we can definetly single out that the mileage is incorrect however if they are stock clusters then we might be looking at some low mileage models, although ill definetly be looking with some skepticism

Comment

Stock clusters can be replaced with stock clusters... or the previous owner could have upgraded an aftermarket cluster; sold it and replaced it with the original one. The problem is the perceived condition and odometer on the car does not correspond to the price...

- Toronto, Canada
                Parts. Cars. Service.
                GTR
                MKIV

Comment

Originally posted by JDM-IMPORTS View Post
                  The problem is the perceived condition and odometer on the car does not correspond to the price...
                  That is exactly what i've been thinking, unless the guy has no idea what he actually has his hands on but considering he has three i highly doubt that is the case, If i do take a look at one, and i cant seem to see any issues with it I might have to ask around if a verteran GTRCer would be willing to meet up for coffee and take a look with me. An experienced eye would definetly help in determining if this car is a good deal or trouble waiting to happen.

I Looked at the pictures, one of them appears to have a stock cluster and the other one looks like the stock one except all white backs and the speedo goes to some astronomical number.

Comment

Go see Gabe at the skyline shop...

japaneseimports.ca
                    - K a t e ' says:
                    thats so annoying how guys call there cars A GIRL haha im surprised you dont have a name for it
                    - Jared -
                    women arnt people...they dont need names. There like a plant.

Comment

if the numbers on the odometer don't line up "STRAIGHT" ei> some numbers sitting higher or lower then it's been played with...
                      Originally posted by imola_skyline
                      **newbie question**

I know this is off topic but i was wondering,,whats the diff between hcr32 and bnr32? and what do they mean?
                      :hit_head:

Comment

Working...
                      X