rb29det on ebay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rb29det on ebay

I saw that as well. I'd like to know the details on that "Kurowa" crank. To make 2900cc with an 87mm bore, you'd need a stroke of over 81mm.
    Dan Hofman
    DnA Garage - the performance gene
    www.dnagarage.ca

Comment

For $19k I would have expected a little more.....under 800 HP and less than 600ft.lbs ? - colour me NOT impressed, especially for a $19,000 stroker.

On the upside, it's good to see different things like the OEM Intake single-TB mod......I guess everyone has their favorite little tricks when building/tuning.

Comment

Originally posted by JD74 View Post
        For $19k I would have expected a little more.....under 800 HP and less than 600ft.lbs ? - colour me NOT impressed, especially for a $19,000 stroker.

On the upside, it's good to see different things like the OEM Intake single-TB mod......I guess everyone has their favorite little tricks when building/tuning.
        What exactly were you expecting for $19k?

A Tomei Genesis 1 is about that price, and that's just a longblock. Stock displacement. No turbos, manifolds, fuel or ECU. The Derive engines start at about $24k if I remember right. Mine's engines start at about $15k.

I doubt neither will be able to easily make 600ft lbs. That engine, on the other hand, has a lot more in it.
        Dan Hofman
        www.dnagarage.ca

Comment

Originally posted by Danno
          What exactly were you expecting for $19k?
          It has a little to do with the money, YES....but a stroker that makes 580ft.lbs ? WHY WHY WHY ? It makes NO sense. It's throwing money away just to be cool and have something to list and show your friends on your Car Domain page, or your Forum Signature.....LMAO

That makes about as much sense as upgrading to a 320 KM/H Speedometer/Cluster for your car, in a country where the speed limit is 90 km/h, there is no track and a highway speeding infraction equals the death penalty.....

Call it my "Old Fasion' side poking it's head out for a quick comment or two...but this whole 'JDM underbuilding/overbuilding ' thing just kills me sometimes......

Typical JDM fanboi says "Yah, she's built to handle over 900HP with a fully forged/balanced/stroked/cryo'd/polished bottom end......but I run/tune at 425 HP just to be safe" ....

Would it be nice to have an Authentic JDM Tuner Built Motor ? in short, YES. Could I find other things to spend $19,000 on and yield similar or better results ? definately.

Comment

Good points. I was thinking of this engine for track use though, not to impress people. This would make one fast drag car.

My point is these engines aren't cheap. If you can build an RB engine to put out 600 ft lbs for less than 19K, power to ya.
            Dan Hofman
            www.dnagarage.ca

Comment

Originally posted by Danno View Post
              Good points. I was thinking of this engine for track use though, not to impress people. This would make one fast drag car.
              I would just cry if I had this motor......and blew it up. $19k is a good chunk of change any way you look at it.

Originally posted by Danno View Post
              My point is these engines aren't cheap. If you can build an RB engine to put out 600 ft lbs for less than 19K, power to ya.
              Correct me if I'm too far off, but isn't a stock strok'd RB26 capable of 600ft.lbs (and somewhere in the 750HP range maybe ?) with a forged bottom end and a good (quality, as well as formulated/calculated meaning of good) combination of bolt-ons (turbos, intake manifold, exhaust etc) as well as a decent tune ? and come in somwhere in the SUB-$15k range if you didn't get TOO SILLY when shopping for parts/namebrands ?

Sorry to the OP for the OT, but it kinda fits in with the general theme of the thread

Allan

Comment

Working...
              X