X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• N1 crankshaft

Brand new on eBay for US$569.

Cheaper that used GTR crankshafts...

Get this rare piece while you can. This the same crank used in the prestigious R34 N1 Engine.
    LOL......

Same part# that is on the box sitting beside me right now......not so rare.....pretty standard if your supplier is selling/ordering new stock and not old R33 part#'d crankshafts.

Very decent if it can ship USPS, as UPS will kill the deal with brokerage etc.

Good find.

Comment

I'd buy it if it weren't Ebay. I'm too paranoid to buy cheap items like that, real or not. I'd rather the peace of mind and go through a good trusted supplier.

JD74, your supplier gets N1s for cheap? You should PM how much he'd sell one for.
      Black 1991 GTR. Serious garage stand mantle/parts car.
      Black 1990 Pulsar GTiR. Sold
      Silver 1989 GTR. Sold
      Black 2010 Subaru WRX. Weekend warrior. Sold.
      Black 2013 F-150 FX4 ecoboost. Daily driver.
      White 2012 Ford Explorer Limited. Family wagon.

Sorry for my offensive comments, I r socially retard.

start by having A ROLLING GTR then we talk u ******* mofo funzy little *****
      lol

Comment

Originally posted by NismoS-tune View Post
        JD74, your supplier gets N1s for cheap? You should PM how much he'd sell one for.
        I think you missunderstood my sarcasm.....

There is NOTHING N1 about this Crankshaft, yet EVERYTHING ? ......if you know what I am saying ?

It is just the latest RB26 part# that is commonly found in R34 RB26's...that is all.

Nissan/Nismo made 4 RB26 crankshafts only (or, 4 part#'s only anyways)
        - Early R32 RB26 (short Oil Pump drive)
        - Late R32/R33 RB26 (fixed)
        - R34 RB26 (latest)
        - Nismo GT/Z Tune/GT500 Stroker Crankshaft (wet dream)

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong on this one......

That Ebay Add is simply clever marketing hoping to generate HYPE in a Newb.

Allan.

Comment

I guess I'm a noob then. I know so much about skylines that I didn't know they didn't make an N1 crank shaft. Anyways, thanks for the clarification, I guess I'll resume my tomei or hks full counter plan lol?
          Silver 1989 GTR. Sold

lol

Comment

As everyone will tell you - the OEM crankshaft can handle 1,000 HP and 9,000 RPM safely with a good harmonic balancer, so unless you want 11,000 RPM and 2,000 HP, or a stroker - stay with an OEM and call it a day.

Comment

no one has shown us the crank wont work to 11k and 2k hp. actually one of those has been done
              there was a thread on nico club where i tried to explain to people the cranks were all the same. Hayday.

Comment

What projects have used the stock crank for high power/RPM. Do you have any links?

Comment

Originally posted by Insta_AxE_Toast View Post
                  What projects have used the stock crank for high power/RPM. Do you have any links?
                  Kind of related, but will give you a rough idea.....

RIPS Racing (New Zealand) swears by the OEM Nissan Forged RB (especially the RB30) crankshafts and has done 1,000+ HP builds using them and turned over 9,000+ RPM (on the Rb30 Crank).

The stress of 9,000 RPM on an OEM RB30 Crankshaft would translate to approximately the same stress as 10,000-10,500 RPM on an Rb26 Crankshaft (because of it's shorter stroke). HP and TQ figures would be similar, with the RB26 crankshaft still being able to accomplish more with less stress because of the shorter stroke.

Compared to an RB26 crankshaft, the RB30 Crankshaft is longer stroke (and theoretically not capable of spinning as high in the RPM range).

It's all about balancing prep work (internal and external).

Check out the GTR UK site and RIPS website for info on some of his builds using Nissan OEM Crankshafts....and ROD angle etc, as that is more of a concern than OEM crankshaft strength, being that Rod Bolts and Rod 'Big Ends' break...crankshafts usually do not.

Comment

JD74 or Mcfly,

Assuming all else is looked after is it safe to spin to 9000+ rpm with a Jun collared OEM crank?
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by FormerVDubber View Post
                      JD74 or Mcfly,

Assuming all else is looked after is it safe to spin to 9000+ rpm with a Jun collared OEM crank?
                      I'll put it like this:

99.99% of RIPS RB30 Builds (when using prep'd OEM RB30 Crankshafts that is, unless custom crankshaft) use Collars on them, as no OEM RB30 crankshaft EVER had a proper'thicker Oil Pump Drive section

Machining and Build Quality go a long way.

Comment

Thanks! Just what I wanted to hear
                        sigpic

Comment

JD74, you'd better talk to nismoparts.com and tell them they're selling an OEM R34 crank shaft and not an N1 as they claim!!
                          Silver 1989 GTR. Sold

lol

Comment

Originally posted by NismoS-tune View Post
                            http://www.nismoparts.com/catalog/?section=823#1783

JD74, you'd better talk to nismoparts.com and tell them they're selling an OEM R34 crank shaft and not an N1 as they claim!!
                            But they are selling an N1 Crankshaft....get it ? didn't you actually read what I posted earlier ?

People just need to know that it is the same crap.....just called by a more intreguing name to lure in some buyers and make them think they are getting more than they think.

It's creative marketing, nothing more and it's not illegal, just a little dirty.

Comment

Just like all the people selling non-projector headlights with grill brackets as N1, and half of them don't even have the brackets!
                              RightDrive Inc. Parts Manager
                              http://www.rightdrive.ca :: http://www.rightdriveparts.com :: http://www.rightdriveusa.com
                              1970 Highway 7 West, Vaughan, ON :: 1-877-398-8220

Comment

Working...
                              X