1990 Nismo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1990 Nismo

There you go Menace if its authentic ...

# 3724
    Year Production - 1990
    Month ---
    Chassis - BNR32
    Code Manufacturer - Nissan
    Model - Skyline Nismo GT-R
    Trans. - F5
    Engine Size (cc) - 2600
    Auction Grade - 3.0
    KMs - 102K
    Starting Bid (Yen) - 0k

That's definetly a fake. Nismo's only came in Gunmetal grey and did not come with A/C. If someone repainted it then they just destroyed the value of the car right there, because no one will believe it's a Nismo.

Thanks for trying though.

Comment

Perhaps it was my fault in identifying it. The serial number IS BNR32-100518. In the Nismo thread, it was said that only the Nismo's start with 1.
      Either this isn't true, or the auction house wrote the wrong number on the auction sheet.
      Christian of

Comment

No no no, the 1 at the start of the code is true. All Nismo's start with a 1 and I have confirmation of this from many sources. I think someone stripped the parts (bumper and id numbers) off the Nismo and put it on this and told the auction house that it's a Nismo. If you look closely the gold nismo sticker is on the right side of the trunk. This would have to be a new sticker as the original would have been taken off when it was painted.

I've read a lot of forums about people trying to pass regular Skylines off as N1's, V-Specs and occassionally Nismo's. This is the first time I've seen a fake Nismo, but it doesn't surprise me.

Aside from the fact that installing A/C in a Nismo would be fairly costly, it's also painted white, which totally brings the value of the car WAY down.

Comment

If thats a real nismo, regardless of the aftermarket creature comforts and paint, I would pick it up in a heartbeat. But alas how can we do the research before the buy? Especially now

Comment

I'm probably retarded for asking this, but why does not having it painted GunMetal lower the value? Couldn't you just get it repainted? Come to think of it, you could paint any Skyline Gunmetal.

In regards to it being a Nismo, couldn't it be a regular GT-R that had an engine rebuild and/or work by Nismo?

B-Wurm 8)
            Shift with ya left hand, biatch!

Comment

original ... it's all about it being original

a "built by nismo" doesn't make it an original Nismo car

you can repaint it but paint after paint ... still not original heeh

the Nismo pretty much was a "race car" I think it had no stereo, no AC.. none of the "car accessories"
              VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVViper!

Comment

Originally posted by spikeone
                original ... it's all about it being original

a "built by nismo" doesn't make it an original Nismo car

you can repaint it but paint after paint ... still not original heeh

the Nismo pretty much was a "race car" I think it had no stereo, no AC.. none of the "car accessories"
                Exactly....the whole point of having a Nismo, is having it Nismo'd. The thing that distinguishes it is it's parts. If you add things like AC and change the colour then it's closer to just being another Skyline.

Comment

its a nismo

Hi all just found this thread online. I happen to own bnr-1005218. As the auction states it is painted white. I do believe it was painted white in the factory as it has the factory stickers over the top, and it is an extremely professional job around the windows, etc. However, it was factory gunmetal before the white, which i have been able to find the gunmetal in a few small places.

As far as i have found so far it has all the nismo parts it is meant to and some that it was optioned with, apart from the very special VIN starting with #100.

I hope, after being a fair few years since this tread, that this helps those who jumped to conclusions about it being a fake. If I have been mistaken please let me know. Thanks guys!

Comment

Whoa...holy necro posting Batman!!

This thread was quite stupid any way you slice it. Restored vs origional the value of a colector car is vertually the same...unless you are dealing with a "1of1" situation....which almost all of these cars are not.

Jon.
                    Why don't you come over to MySpace and Twitter my Yahoo untill I Google all over your Facebook.

1990 GTR Drag Special T88H34D 11.24 @ 127.55mph at only 1.2bar...... officially. SOLD

Comment

and then 10 years later... that guy just woke up from a coma or what?
                      Last edited by Fred-R; 02-09-2014, 03:47 PM.
                      My sky got 99 problems but to find bitches ain't one

Once you go sky; Parts you're going to buy...

Comment

FWIW Nismo number 490 is coming up for auction in Japan tonight/tomorrow

And yes you could get A/C in a Nismo.

Comment

Working...
                        X