Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dah_hunter
    replied
    more info, as you might know, anyone can get auction sheets from the auction house.
    Im a very low rating:

All my panels have been replaced..

Leave a comment:

• dah_hunter
    replied
    Also keep in mind that all these stories from SAU are about importers (in Country) people that are screwing people over..

So that is another reason to buy straight from the source in japan

Leave a comment:

• dah_hunter
    replied
    My mistake, i thought you said the car was here for a couple months.. lol. I need to get more sleep.

anyways if you have the money and you want something thats super mint, then dont let me stop you..

Honestly for the price of these cars.. i would Demand that they let you go to the shop where the inspection is happening so you can talk to the mechanic there directly..

This is a $50k + car.. not some $2k beater..

Leave a comment:

• thumper
    replied
    Originally posted by dah_hunter View Post
    Also I understand you were burned a bit back in the day.. however the process's have become so transparent now, that its pretty hard to get burned anymore, since anyone can have access to the auctions now. And see cars Selling prices etc..
    yes i am still singed after 10 years

Leave a comment:

• thumper
    replied
    For the Mileage. there is no reason to think its not correct, it was a grade 4.5 car, no marks on the auction sheet so even suggest that it has a cluster swapped. and the price it sold gives me no reason to doubt it authentic.
    from what little i could get translated, it says that the right front fender has been resprayed, but that's about the worst of it AFAIK.

The Export Document will have a bit of history on the car.. however it might be hard to see that.. have you gone down to the Shop to look at the car in person? you mentioned that the car has been here for awhile.. so you should be able to go see it in person, and i would request to look at the Export Certificate (If they say they dont have it thats BS)
    i do not recall saying that the car was here for awhile? from what little i know it had just arrived in vancouver and is going through mechanical/provincial inspection offsite so i cannot view the car. the last contact i had with the dealer was last friday so because of the long holiday i am not expecting them to reply back until maybe wednesday?

I have some videos talking about the paperwork (<- click here)
    thanks for this. will view later (youtube blocked at work).

As for the black car.. i just suggested it because.. the Exporter is known for being a reliable exporter. also the price is most half of what the one your looking at is.. couple things need to get dealt with, but for the price seems worth it.
    Review (<- Click here for a good review of Brave Auto)
    maybe i need to get out of the mindset of getting as perfect of a car as possible, not a fixer upper. i want a solid driver, not a track whore or a trailer queen.

back to the topic of the VIN checking.. the Auction sheet has the VIN on it [B]BNR34-001567
    sorry about my poor english. what i meant to say was that if you hadn't found the information you gave me i would not even have had a VIN to work with.

Hope that helps you out..
    i can't thank you enough dah_hunter.
    Last edited by thumper; 06-30-2014, 12:19 PM.

Leave a comment:

• dah_hunter
    replied
    Also I understand you were burned a bit back in the day.. however the process's have become so transparent now, that its pretty hard to get burned anymore, since anyone can have access to the auctions now. And see cars Selling prices etc..

Leave a comment:

• dah_hunter
    replied
    For the Mileage. there is no reason to think its not correct, it was a grade 4.5 car, no marks on the auction sheet so even suggest that it has a cluster swapped. and the price it sold gives me no reason to doubt it authentic.

The Export Document will have a bit of history on the car.. however it might be hard to see that.. have you gone down to the Shop to look at the car in person? you mentioned that the car has been here for awhile.. so you should be able to go see it in person, and i would request to look at the Export Certificate (If they say they dont have it thats BS)
    I have some videos talking about the paperwork (<- click here)

As for the black car.. i just suggested it because.. the Exporter is known for being a reliable exporter. also the price is most half of what the one your looking at is.. couple things need to get delt with, but for the price seems worth it.
    Review (<- Click here for a good review of Brave Auto)

back to the topic of the VIN checking.. the Auction sheet has the VIN on it BNR34-001567

Hope that helps you out..

Leave a comment:

• thumper
    replied
    i haven't been on this board for awhile so i don't know if this has been posted before... the guys at SAU are recommending this service:

Japanese History Check. 7,801 likes. www.japanesehistorycheck.com - a worldwide service, enabling users to verify the history of the vehicle they own or are considering purchasing.

Auction Sheet Verification. Japanese Car Registration Check. Vehicle history reports and translation services.

this should work for cars coming to canada, right? but unfortunately in my case i would need the vin. if it weren't for dah_hunter i would not have gotten this far.

iron chef on SAU says the auction sheet comes from Prime Corner(?), which to him gives it more credibility short of having the original in my hands.

Leave a comment:

• cooke24
    replied
    Velocity cars have been spamming Craigslist with auction cars

Leave a comment:

• thumper
    replied
    that was my mistake.. i edited my post right after that.. i thought it was someone else selling it.
    you might not be wrong. someone on another board said velocity was running an ad in craigslist for a white R34 GTR using auction pictures and sheet but it was pulled almost a month ago.

i now know there is a way to confirm the odometer mileage online, but is there a japanese equivalent of carfax?

also wondering about the brave auto car you linked... why did you recommend that one? unless i am reading it wrong it's got almost double the mileage and it has a few issues, like a missing door lock cylinder.
    Last edited by thumper; 07-01-2014, 11:57 PM.

Leave a comment:

• dah_hunter
    replied
    that was my mistake.. i edited my post right after that.. i thought it was someone else selling it.

Leave a comment:

• thumper
    replied
    the aftermarket fog lights in the front bumper match... and i am looking at the parking permit sticker in the left bottom of the back glass:

this has to be it... wow you are good.

also, you mentioned velocity... they are not the ones advertising this one. are you saying there is another one local for sale?

thank you!
    Last edited by thumper; 06-29-2014, 07:59 PM.

Leave a comment:

• dah_hunter
    replied
    I think its this car:

Grade 4.5 so its pretty clean.
    Sold for 3760 000 Yen ($40k)

If you use this import Calculator

That puts the price at Just over $50k landed and customs tax's etc paid..
    Inspection and stuff shouldnt cost more then a grand so i would say you have some nice wiggle room. (if they let you negotiate)

Good luck.

I would say just grab one straight from Japan yourself:
    Brave Auto have one
    Last edited by dah_hunter; 06-29-2014, 07:42 PM.

Leave a comment:

• thumper
    started a topic Any importers recognize this GT-R?

Any importers recognize this GT-R?

1999 Nissan R34 GT-R V-Spec Model 71KM - $62000

i only know that the car was bought at auction within the last 1-2 months. the car is now here in BC, but the seller says it is still going through inspection. i asked for the japanese vin and the auction sheet but he said no unless i am a serious buyer.

i haven`t been here for awhile but some of the old timers here might remember me as the one who almost got scammed on a 1989 GT-R when they first came out but an importer here saved my ass by proving the seller was lying about the car... i àm hoping not to repeat the same mistake.

thanks in advance.
    Last edited by thumper; 06-29-2014, 07:04 PM.
Working...
X