wtb passanger side door hinge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wtb passanger side door hinge

im looking for a passanger side door hinge as mine has started to ware down and is rubbing when i close my door. im not sure if it makes a diffrence but it is the top door hinge on a 1992 gtr i will take both hinges if you dont want to sell singles. please email me if you have this item thanks

peter

rudeboy_2777@hotmail.com

Is that the problem when the 'outside' (non-hinge side) of the door starts to rub on the bottom corner? i.e on my drivers side, the paint is getting worn away and chipped in the bottom left corner.. Thanks

Comment

e-mailed
      sigpic

[links to all chapters in first post]

Comment

Passanger side rubs my top hindge has play and my friend said its just gonna sink deeper as it wears out my floor

Comment

Originally posted by DougTaylor View Post
          Is that the problem when the 'outside' (non-hinge side) of the door starts to rub on the bottom corner? i.e on my drivers side, the paint is getting worn away and chipped in the bottom left corner.. Thanks
          Yes. The door is not straight anymore because the hinge is worn. It will only get worse. The door will slowly fall more and more unless you replace it.

One *temporary* solution is to add a washer(s) to the bottom hinge bolt to try and lift the door 1/8 inch or so (depending on how bad it is) to at least stop the rubbing and paint damage. It can even slow down the wear a bit. But the hinges will have to be replaced eventually.
          R32 GTR FULL SERVICE MANUAL DOWNLOAD:
          http://forums.gtrcanada.com/faq/36-holy-bible-6.html#post467565

Comment

Working...
          X