1992 gtr lsd!?!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1992 gtr lsd!?!?

Hey peeps! I got a 1992 GTR and am getting some shuttering out of the rear end when around left corners. I have not dropped it yet to find out the ratio but not sure it matters? I am maybe looking for a good solid used or info where to find a Nismo rebuild kits?

Thanks Eh!

*UPDATE*
    I have LSD with 60000 on it coming today by bus from a town just north of here! thanks for the replys.
    Last edited by caribougtr; 11-15-2010, 07:30 AM.

Hi sir,

Does it make noises or just shudders? And is it only around left turns or all the time getting worse around left turns? Recommend checking your fluid. It would be a great place to start, if the problem continues you might be looking at problems with the crown/pinion in that case you might want to replace it if you don't feel comfortable with the repair.

I have a used one here, let me check pricing for you tomorrow with shipping quote.

----------------

Can also get new 1.5 and 2 way differentials. I usually sell Carbonetics, metal is around $1000 and carbon is around $1200.

I could also install this for you at the flat rate Nissan quotes for $60hr

Let me know

Regards,

Braden @ JNS
    Last edited by JNS Performance; 10-28-2010, 07:41 PM.
    2009 Mercedes C63 AMG. Daily
    1969 Cooper S. Restored
    1994 Rover Mini 1460cc, 134whp, 7 port fuel injected w/ITB's, & straight cuts w/ 4.67 gearing

Comment

Careful about the carbon units though as I guess they're harder on the oil and bearings since the dust is so coarse.

Metal FTW! speaking of which, may need a beastly 1.way myself. Braden, on another note, do you have any Z32 N/A rear diffs? How bout some rear GTR axles?
      Black 1991 GTR. Serious garage stand mantle/parts car.
      Black 1990 Pulsar GTiR. Sold
      Silver 1989 GTR. Sold
      Black 2010 Subaru WRX. Weekend warrior. Sold.
      Black 2013 F-150 FX4 ecoboost. Daily driver.
      White 2012 Ford Explorer Limited. Family wagon.

Sorry for my offensive comments, I r socially retard.

start by having A ROLLING GTR then we talk u ******* mofo funzy little *****
      lol

Comment

Used factory LSD is available. They can be tightened up considerably with extra clutch discs fitted. Will PM in a sec.

Vehicle Sourcing - You Tube Videos - Facebook Group
        For Parts Inquiries, Please Post Here

Comment

I would say that is more hear say than anything, I have only heard of 1 differential bearing failure from possible carbon deposits in the differential... who knows that bearing failure might have been from inproper installation, or simply a worn bearing that should have been changed during the install process. Simply hard to say imo.

I would say with anything creating friction... break in, proper maintaining and lubrication is key to overall success. ATS Carbonetics recommends very frequent oil changes upon break in, after proper break in procedures most of the possible risk has been averted. And oil change intervals are extended drastically, far surpassing metal differential.

Don't get me wrong metal 1.5 & 2 ways are awesome, I think carbon diffs just get a bad rep cause they are more expensive and when one breaks or possibly creates a problem that person goes right to their computer to rant about it lol After selling just over 20 of them in 10 months we can attest to the quality, at least on a short term basis we have had no complaints or warranty claims to this point. There is 4-5 members on here can likely speak for the quality along with plenty of racers around the world.

-----------------------------

Regarding your other questions lol...

- I don't believe Carbonetics makes a 1.5 way rear Metal differential for GTR but I can confirm that tomorrow for you. As mentioned price would be under $1000 shipped. If you want me to install it within a pumpkin I can do that for a very reasonable fee.

BTW Carbonetics carries stock on basically every product they offer so no 2, 3, 4, 5+ month waits.

- Z32 N/A Differential, will check the shop tomorrow. Should have one kicking around for ya!

Originally posted by NismoS-tune View Post
          Careful about the carbon units though as I guess they're harder on the oil and bearings since the dust is so coarse.

Metal FTW! speaking of which, may need a beastly 1.way myself. Braden, on another note, do you have any Z32 N/A rear diffs? How bout some rear GTR axles?
          Last edited by JNS Performance; 10-29-2010, 04:14 AM.
          1969 Cooper S. Restored
          1994 Rover Mini 1460cc, 134whp, 7 port fuel injected w/ITB's, & straight cuts w/ 4.67 gearing

Comment

Thanks

Yes shutter around left corner only and is getting worse. Makes the whole interior shake lol. A bit of noise aswell. I will be parking the car for winter anyways so maybe a good spot maybe drop it and check it out.

Thanks for the reply and will keep you in mind about the LSD swap!

Corey

Comment

Found a Diff with 60k on it and swapped it out! feels smooth tho compared to the one I took out!

Thanks for the replys dude!

Comment

Hey, kinda off topic but how did you take it out? Did you drop the diff without the Attessa crap on top? Droppped the subframe and everything?
                Black 1991 GTR. Serious garage stand mantle/parts car.
                Black 1990 Pulsar GTiR. Sold
                Silver 1989 GTR. Sold
                Black 2010 Subaru WRX. Weekend warrior. Sold.
                Black 2013 F-150 FX4 ecoboost. Daily driver.
                White 2012 Ford Explorer Limited. Family wagon.

Sorry for my offensive comments, I r socially retard.

start by having A ROLLING GTR then we talk u ******* mofo funzy little *****
                lol

Comment

Originally posted by NismoS-tune View Post
                  Hey, kinda off topic but how did you take it out? Did you drop the diff without the Attessa crap on top? Droppped the subframe and everything?
                  Remove axle shafts, disconnect driveshaft, remove front differential mount, remove 2x rear differential mounts, and there should be some small stuff that will be self explanatory during removal. Haven't done it in like 2 years so my memory is vague.

Braden @ JNS
                  1969 Cooper S. Restored

Comment

Thanks Braden.

Yeah what he said... I removed the Hydrolic unit ontop aswell as the 2 speed sensors. I dropped the tank to install a new pump so getting at the rear 2 mount nuts was a snap!

Comment

Working...
                    X