Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTB: R32 GTR power steering lines

Hey Guys

I am looking for a set of R32 GTR power steering lines, When I bought my car the seller said the pump was toast I've filled up the pump and it appears that my lines leak like crazy at the pump. I'm looking for a set please shoot me a Pm if you have a set you would like to part with

Thanks
    Ryan

Where is it leaking from?
    There should be a copper washer on the top and the bottom of the banjo fitting to help seal
    the connection.
    Maybe they are missing or damaged.
    Favorites
    lucky_cefiro
    you\'re not listening
    entelijint
    stop saying "yall"... i'm picturing you with a mullet.
    mullet+skyline=*shiver* i dont even want to think about it
    Originally posted by specialedition
    He ended up popping a tired and he failed at life.

Comment

yeah i check those already it seems to be leaking where the solid line and the flex meet just behind the rad. Does anybody know if I can purchase new ones? or is that unheard of ?

Originally posted by speedfreak View Post
      Where is it leaking from?
      There should be a copper washer on the top and the bottom of the banjo fitting to help seal
      the connection.
      Maybe they are missing or damaged.

Comment

You might get used but from what I saw I think you may even have to lift or remove the engine to replace that line.
        I deleted my hicas and replace the prefab line with hydraulic hose and 6an fittings.
        Pump end M16 banjo adapter to 6an steel(eBay)

Rack end 6an to powersteering rack you will need to bring it in to a fitting supply to match
        Favorites
        lucky_cefiro
        you\'re not listening
        entelijint

Comment

Yeah I have a hicas lock out bar and all the fittings to do a full delete so I'm tempted to move the hard prefab line from the hicas and use it on the front steering. The front line leaks at he prefab fitting right off the pump and the rear line leaks towards the bottom of the rad so If I could cut the lines and use both good sections with a fitting like you posted above (6AN) to mate the two with hose clamps it might work, I'm just unsure how much pressure the steering pump has and if hose clamps will hold, I know theirs a clamp on the low section so I'm sure it will.

I really don't feel like pulling the motor I'm way to unmotivated lol

Comment

PS pressure on the high side can be 800psi or higher depending on situations.

I found the factory hose clamps on the low pressure hoses were maxing out there clamping so i replaced the clamps with gear type to give more squeeze and that stopped that leak.
            Favorites
            lucky_cefiro
            you\'re not listening
            entelijint

Comment

Yeah it's worth a try, worst case I'm stuck in the same situation I'm in now. I will just make sure I get good clamps. Do you know the size of the inside of the ps line? 1/2" or 5/8"?

Comment

Not exactly but they were smaller than 1/2

More like 3/8 or 9/16
                Favorites
                lucky_cefiro
                you\'re not listening
                entelijint

Comment

I may just have to pull them off and see If I can get some made up. But I figure it's worth a shot. The car has had no power steering since I got it in dec it's getting on my nerves a little so I'm getting desperate lol

Comment

you can take the old ps line to a hydraulic shop and have a new flex hose crimped onto the solid one for like 50 bucks. its what i did
                    - Adam

:
                    http://forums.gtrcanada.com/gts-project-cars/44846-project-nashzilla-r32-gt-t-neo.html

Comment

Working...
                    X