4" catback for R32 GTR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4" catback for R32 GTR

Looking for a 4" catback for an r32 GTR. Don't really care what brand....Would prefer if it was in Alberta but will consider having it shipped in.

For my 800whp build I have a 3.5" exhaust.

What you want will need to be custom since a 4" won't fit under the car if it's round (flat 4" works) but I have personally seen the raw brokerage 4" exhaust and though I hear they're around $2000, They're nice. FYI. There are some 1000hp cars around with 3.5".
    No build thread.
    1991 nissan
    El terror

"Built not bought" sooner or later = "broken not running"

Comment

I'd consider 3.5, but I'd like to have the whole exhaust match my dual 3" - single 4" down pipe if possible. If I can't find one, I'll probably build it myself, but would rather save myself a lot of labour.

Comment

thats not really true that it wont fit under the car, i built a 4 inch straight pipe catback, and i have just as much ground clearance as i had with any other brand name 3inch catback, im on 17's too, sitting level with the fenders. its all in how your build it.
        Built R32 GTR, BW S362, 682awhp @ 28psi

Comment

My 4" fit so well that I was kicking myself that I didn't go 5". If you custom build it yourself then you can get it to fit super tight. I went that big because I was funneling all the exhaust out the back. Wastegate was plumbed back into the exhaust because I think venting to atmosphere sounds horrible...but that's just me.

Jon.
          Last edited by Dragon Humper; 01-06-2015, 12:15 AM.
          Why don't you come over to MySpace and Twitter my Yahoo untill I Google all over your Facebook.

1990 GTR Drag Special T88H34D 11.24 @ 127.55mph at only 1.2bar...... officially. SOLD

Comment

Interesting. Most of the 4" systems I've seen sat low enough to beat the downpipe to crap along with the muffler. My 3.5" which is stock location has the same 2 spots quite low when I could easily hit them before anything else. I guess custom means custom.

Jon you find a 34 yet? Heard you sold your 32
            No build thread.
            1991 nissan
            El terror

"Built not bought" sooner or later = "broken not running"

Comment

Hey Coombsy, front pipe from my 4" system is available. see my old thread.
              oh hai!

Comment

I'm thinking about custom making one. It's just tough finding 4“ stainless mufflers that aren't like a foot in diameter because they are made for a semi.

Comment

Vibrant makes a good muffler, I'm planning on adding this to my 4'' to reduce noise, strait pipe is far too loud

Vibrant Performance is the Source for Professional Fabrication Components with a vast offering of exhaust, fluid delivery, tubing, and silicone parts for custom or modified forced induction applications.
                  Built R32 GTR, BW S362, 682awhp @ 28psi

Comment

I run a dynomax. magnaflow has one too.
                    oh hai!

Comment

You could try a quarter wave tune pipe as well, used one on my truck and made a world of difference. It's just a pipe that branches off at 90 deg. to the exhaust pipe with a length of about 20" (depending on what frequency you want to dampen) and capped flat at the end. Use about a 2.5" dia. pipe. Google quarter wave exhaust pipe and you will come up with a ton of DIYs and the formulae to figure out what length you need.

Jon.
                      Why don't you come over to MySpace and Twitter my Yahoo untill I Google all over your Facebook.

1990 GTR Drag Special T88H34D 11.24 @ 127.55mph at only 1.2bar...... officially. SOLD

Comment

Working...
                      X