Another North American GTR forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another North American GTR forum

I was just searching for general info and fell on this..

looks good actually
    Marc-André
    _________
    2.2L RB20 GTS-T
    ECU modification enabled - PM me for details

Hey im a member! I just joined and found out im like member 11,949 or something crazy! Some people have been on there since Nov 2004
    1991 Nissan 240sx - RB25DET w/ GT3071R
    1991 Nissan 240sx - KA
    1994 Honda Civic Si HB

Home In Pittsburgh, PA

Comment

as nice as the site is... having 12,000 members in an "owners club" when the car isnt even out yet and likely will never have 12,000 produced.... all i can think of the site is that its for fan boi's...

this is still and will remain the best skyline/GTR site in Canada.... and the USA... only the australian and UK forums rival ours for knowledge and actual OWNERS....
      How many kids with A.D.D. does it take to screw in a light bulb?

Wanna go ride bikes...

R.I.P \'87 4cyl Rustang
      \'03 Dodge SX2.0
      \'90 GTR32

Comment

The NAGTROC site is very nice, and I have actually chatted with the owner on occasion. I've been there since the winter.

The owners also run the 350Z forums and have also registered GTR-tech.com. They have the know how to make the club very nice. I think he's here on lurker mode under "Z-Tune" (not Z-tuned like our mod). The reason their membership numbers look so high is because they have imported all the membership acounts from their other forums to the GTR site. Very good way to inflate the value of the club.

A year ago I thought of making GTRC pan-north america but got shot down by everyone here. Then NAGTROC showed up and pretty well canned my idea. Oh well, we are a small shop, not a box-store.

"Life's too short to drive boring cars!"

Comment

quality over quantity.

Comment

Yeah, but it would have been nice to have GTRC run the entire GTR scene in NA, as opposed to just our neck of the woods. Its funny, I didn't expect the reaction that I got here. I thought going all out would be sweet but everyone seemed so proud of the fact that we're canadians, and the hell with letting them yanks in on the site.

I hope I don't regret not expanding the site when I had the chance...

"Life's too short to drive boring cars!"

Comment

i guess i just like the tight knit group we have here

Comment

in all honesty im glad that this is a primarily Canadian site.... in other Car forums which are mixed there is so much hate for Canadians and the moment you attempt to defend yourself or your country they freak out and admins start editing your posts like mad...

if we could have a site for skylines for the whole world except the usa it would be an awesome place...

Wanna go ride bikes...

R.I.P \'87 4cyl Rustang
                \'03 Dodge SX2.0
                \'90 GTR32

Comment

Why would people on other GTR forums would hate us so much? The whole world love Canadians right?
                  I think it's because most of us are cheap, buys cheap crappy GTR's and have no real passion for the great machine the Skyline is! The Brits, Aussies and Americans spend good money to buy their dream car and then spend even more to enhance it to their likings. While most Canadians just want to pay as little as possible just to own a name worthy to show off to their friends! I'm not surprised at all that Canadians get bashed and flamed on other forums!
                  And lets face it, if you think paying 20000 dollars for a GTR is too much, then the new GTR is way out of your league!

My cars:
                  1996 BCNR33 GT-R
                  1992 FD3S RX-7 Type-S

Comment

i dont know what you are talking about with all the other sites hating on us... im talking about americans in general hating on us canadians... every site i go to americans flame and hate on us canadians make fun of us all the time and its sickening... where as other sites from other parts on this planet i do not find the same problem

Wanna go ride bikes...

R.I.P \'87 4cyl Rustang
                    \'03 Dodge SX2.0
                    \'90 GTR32

Comment

insecure people will always try to pick on people before they get picked on. its natural nature. My dog is scared to death of other dogs. So if he sees a dog he barks his head off and tries to eat it. If the dog turns around and looks at him, my dog will roll on his back and pee all over himself.

I find bullies (americans included) are the same way. They just take a bit more before they roll over, admit they suck and pee on themselves. There is a bit more pride there, thats all.

Comment

The reason why this site is so successful, is becuz GTS-T's are affordable to teens and becuz GT-R's are affordable to the early/late 20's group and up.

I don't think many business men buying the $70K new GT-R are going to be rushing to a website to talk about their cars, we may catch the odd one, but for the most part the new GT-R owners that do talk on forums will be mommy and daddy buyers, and then shop owners.

Comment

Just signed up on there to save the Joker name. havent posted anything and the site is kinda crappy for R32's
                          2015 Audi RS7 Sepang Blue
                          2009 Yamaha R1 Raven Black - SOLD
                          2005.5 Audi S4 Sprint Blue Pearl - SOLD
                          1989 Nissan Skyline GTR - SOLD

Comment

Well just to get one thing straight, I joined awhile ago(oops you let one american on) and have kept up on reading whats going on here eversince. I just havent posted because im 18 and really didnt have much a clue about what was going on. However, All of you guys on here are very respectable and I hope to be able to meet some of you one day at a meet or some get togeather. GTR CANADA ROCKS!
                            1991 Nissan 240sx - RB25DET w/ GT3071R
                            1991 Nissan 240sx - KA
                            1994 Honda Civic Si HB

Home In Pittsburgh, PA

Comment

Hi guys. I am one of the NAGTROC owners and just wanted to say we are here to work with you guys, not compete with you. Canada is lucky because you guys can get all of the legacy GT-Rs. Us Americans have been pretty much screwed up until the new GT-R was announced. As such, we are primarily geared towards only the new GT-R although there are places to discuss legacy GT-Rs on our forum as well.

I am building a GT-R encyclopedia (GTR-Tech.com). Hopefully everyone can benefit by this.

Just stopping by to say hi.

Comment

Working...
                              X