US-spec GTR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• US-spec GTR

i just got the Jan 08 Road and track today...

and it has an article on the Nissan GTR...

it has an interesting the to say about the US-spec GTR

"a few months after the Nurburgring event, Mizuno gave me a unique opportunity to sample a left-hand drive US spec GTR, As soon as i took the first corner, it was immediately noticeable that something was different. The handling balance seemed better than the previous (JDM-spec) car. There was more complicate to the shocks and springs and improved steering feel. What's more, ride quality was definitely better. Mizuno said thats he slightly retuned the suspension, making it more civil but without sacrificing handling. Also he noted that the lateral weight distribution of the car is better in left-hand-drive configuration because the driver's weight offsets the weight of the front differential and driveshaft, both located right of center."

could it be that US-spec is a better car all around? only time will tell

edited by JZ, thank god for google spellcheck

Originally posted by GTS-4Skyline View Post
    could it be that US-spec is a better car all around? only time will tell
    Not if they send a watered down version (or a heavier "safer" version with emissions equipment up to the teets.) to North America. :-(
    Race. Win. Live.

Comment

good point. we see that a lot... :roll:

Comment

i would have to disagre with the emision part of your comment, Japan have much more strickt emisions then the US.. (acsept for posibly for califorina) ...

the safty thing it my add some wight but i dont think the posible 10 lbs of rebar they have to add to meet NA safty standerds, will do much, i think it will be the 70-100 lbs of over wight amricans that will add the most wight..

Comment

i would have to disagre with the emision part of your comment, Japan have much more strickt emisions then the US.. (acsept for posibly for califorina) ...

the safty thing it my add some wight but i dont think the posible 10 lbs of rebar they have to add to meet NA safty standerds, will do much, i think it will be the 70-100 lbs of over wight amricans that will add the most wight..
          And do you think they are going to sell the car everywhere but California?
          Race. Win. Live.

Comment

AHHHHVVVS not, goin to sell it every where and not, calli, but it is more cost effective too tailor the emmsions to the nich market (cali), then to du it for the entier NA market, micro Vs macro economics, at its best,

and not to mention they can jsut add the price of there emmision revamp for the calli market into the cost of the car...

Comment

AHHHHVVVS not, goin to sell it every where and not, calli, but it is more cost effective too tailor the emmsions to the nich market (cali), then to du it for the entier NA market, micro Vs macro economics, at its best,

and not to mention they can jsut add the price of there emmision revamp for the calli market into the cost of the car...
              It is NOT more effective to tailer the emissions equipment to the niche market of California.
              Mass producing a single type of vehicle with the extra emissions equipment and averaging the extra R&D/Production costs over the entire production run, will always be cheaper than customizing a vehicle (or any product) to a niche market.

Because you aren't just looking at the price difference on the CONSUMER side, you have to look at what it costs NISSAN to develop/implement those emissions devices into the car. It's cheaper to build all cars to Cali. requirements and absorb the additional cost over the entire sales for the continent, than it is to absorb the additional cost over whatever sales you have in California.

Economies of Scale at its best.

EDIT: Please note, if I'm not being totally coherent; it's because I've been studying for finals for the past 36 hours and my brain is kinda shot. Whatever is left of its function is being dedicated to Financial Accounting information, not high-school economics.
              Race. Win. Live.

Comment

Working...
              X