Edmonds runs 3.3 0-60

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Edmonds runs 3.3 0-60

We'll just leave the snark to a minimum on Godzilla here. Instead, we'll give you the straight scoop from the Line on the Inside at Edmunds on their recent 0-60 time test with a borrowed JDM-Spec 2009 Nissan GT-R across the Pacific in Japan:
    You can't fix stupid.

We know you want the numbers and we're not going to waste your time. Neither is Nissan. Its 2009 GT-R hits 60 mph in 3.3 seconds, quicker than the last Dodge Viper, Corvette Z06 and Porsche 911 Turbo we tested. Keep your foot pinned, and after another tap on the upshift paddle it will clear the quarter-mile in 11.6 seconds at more than 120 mph.
    :shock:

this thing is beastly
    SOLD:1990 Skyline GTR Nismo #283

Comment

My GTR just got a little smaller...

Comment

Why the Playstation paddle combo sequence? That is stupid, you can't just tap a button 2 or 3 times?

Lame

Car rocks but I would want HKS Kansai to develop an ATTESA controller to have total adjustabiity.

Comment

What's wrong with it?

Tranny + dampening switches must be set to race which you'd probably have done already if you're messing around, then just hold the VDC switch down for a few seconds to activate it. What's so wrong about that? It's not like BMW's launch control for their SMG cars where you literally had to go through a ton of different button/pedal moves to activate it.
          1990 Skyline GT-R - Jet Silver Metallic
          It'll run someday

Comment

Booo I want a gear shift!!

Comment

holy sh!t.....thats fasssttt......and the new GTR looks sicker and sicker each day that i see it.....

Comment

Too bad it just doesn't have a clutch pedal to make it easy...too many damn buttons and BS to make this thing launch...can you say technology overload?
                BNR32 Owner
                Okinawa, Japan

Comment

Full test article here: http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do...icleId=124017#

Man, that thing is impressive! :bow down:

"Life's too short to drive boring cars!"

Comment

Originally posted by tokes View Post
                    What's wrong with it?

Because they are trying to be all cryptic and mysterious about it. ohh we found the secret launch control. Have a quicker sequence its redundant obviously no one is going to drive this GTR in 'bitch mode' it will be in R all the time.

The second problem is the wheelspin itself. This 60-foots appear horrible like pushing 2.0-seconds. Hell I got 1.6x in my AWD DSM on 225mm crappy Yokohamas...this thing should be ripping way less than that to shave it under 3.0-seconds.

Car is crazy but something is fishy here we'll see more tests materialize to back it up.

- what Edmunds roll-out is...ie. distance before meter kicks in?
                    - Why is the MPH nearly the same, yet with launch control its 7/10ths quicker? That means you have 7/10s less time to build speed.
                    - And 7/10s quicker with launch control? Thats some launch control.
                    - steady at 4500rpm? What the hell is that? I launch cars at 6-grand!

Comment

Now just imagine it with simple mods like an intake exhuast and boosted to 10psi.

do me.
                      - K a t e ' says:
                      thats so annoying how guys call there cars A GIRL haha im surprised you dont have a name for it
                      - Jared -
                      women arnt people...they dont need names. There like a plant.

Comment

Did you see the daylight between the wheels and the slalom cones on the right hand side? 72 mph slalom speed could improve with tighter clearance!

Wicked car!

Dan
                        sigpic
                        The Beaumont Connection

Comment

Working...
                        X